CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What? Shooting through walls isn't exactly a rare occurrence in online games. I've seen it happen multiple times in the original trilogy.

There will never be something in this game that you wont defend holy
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Shooting through walls happened all the time in the OG trilogy.  Most egregiously with the Halo 2 sniper.  Back when everything was P2P.  But even then it was usually at least close to an edge of the geometry.

That clip was insane.  Certainly one of the worst i have seen with how far his reticle was beyond the edge of the geometry

New lore is the magnum rounds have some promethean infused magic that lets them bore through 3 feet of metal and concrete so we can wall-bang CoD style

• Upvote (+1) 5

You'll notice he never said it's not a bad thing or even really "defended" it. He was disagreeing with Humpflung's statement that it happened in og trilogy.

Reading comprehension is a useful skill.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There will never be something in this game that you wont defend holy

he isnt defending h5 as much as saying that goofy shit like this is not isolated to halo 5 but is present across online multiplayer titles. odd things happen when you connect multiple people from across the country with different connection speeds

• Upvote (+1) 3

For those of us in the UK it was 16 years ago today when CE was released. I remember my friend hyping it up as he got his xbox on the same day, we playing 4 player split screen ffa for about 12 hours straight I had no idea how life changing it would be.

The gold standard of console FPS experiences.

Halo-1-Game-Picture-3.jpg

You'll notice he never said it's not a bad thing or even really "defended" it. He was disagreeing with Humpflung's statement that it happened in og trilogy

It isn't a Halo 5 or even online thing. I've seen around the wall or even THROUGH the wall kills in other Halos on LAN. There is magic within the coding of video games.

Obviously it is much more exaggerated and ridiculous when you're from Canada though, the providers up there really screw over their clientele. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd also like to see a COMPLETELY different art direction in Halo 6. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I thought I read something about the HW2 art people are going to do the next Halo installment. Might be wrong though.

Obviously it is much more exaggerated and ridiculous when you're from Canada though, the providers up there really screw over their clientele. 

Opposed to American providers who don't orrrrrr you're saying they all do everywhere?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only reason I have the tiniest bit of optimism for Halo 6 is because of the delay in information about it. Definitely hopeful that they took a step back after Halo 5's launch and realized that some of the things that really comprised the identity of the series have been lost and they're on the way back. The art direction is probably one of the more important ones outside of gameplay and it applies to every facet of the game. I don't think Halo 5 looks bad, but it does look unique. I don't think unique is the direction to take game 6 in a series.

H2A looked good but imagine a game with Halo 3's style made with today's graphics? Damn that would be nice. The UI needs some attention though. Halo 5 was an improvement over Halo 4 but a carbon copy of the Reach UI would be spicy.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The only reason I have the tiniest bit of optimism for Halo 6 is because of the delay in information about it. 

Looking at the 343 careers page, I'm guessing the delay in information is because there is no information.  Lots of important titles unfilled it seems.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/343/careers

Bring in the H.R. Giger style!  :simms:

That'll work for me ;)

I thought I read something about the HW2 art people are going to do the next Halo installment. Might be wrong though.

Would be nice - I'd like to see some of the grit back. 

The only reason I have the tiniest bit of optimism for Halo 6 is because of the delay in information about it. Definitely hopeful that they took a step back after Halo 5's launch and realized that some of the things that really comprised the identity of the series have been lost and they're on the way back. The art direction is probably one of the more important ones outside of gameplay and it applies to every facet of the game. I don't think Halo 5 looks bad, but it does look unique. I don't think unique is the direction to take game 6 in a series.

H2A looked good but imagine a game with Halo 3's style made with today's graphics? Damn that would be nice. The UI needs some attention though. Halo 5 was an improvement over Halo 4 but a carbon copy of the Reach UI would be spicy.

I kinda liked the art in Halo 4 more than H5.

clutch? does he cast much? cool to see another old name though

He casted the Australia event last weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i guess i shouldve watched. was he good?

Sadly didn't get to watch much, the time difference was brutal.

i guess i shouldve watched. was he good?

he was very good imo

once he settled in he had a lot of insightful things to say and was pretty concise

• Upvote (+1) 2