CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Knowing that PJ and company left Optic paints that guy who tweeted about Halo being dad in an even more childish light.

I swear they let just anybody run shit these days. I feel like back in the day there was a certain level of professionalism that was to be expected and upheld. #fuckthatguy

esports is still the wild wild west unfortunately 

over time these low tier clowns will get weeded out, especially as the big time investors gain more experience and figure out the industry

• Upvote (+1) 2

It dropped almost 20k on MLG as well. Pretty wild to see viewership drop so much.

37k on twitch for the finals between rise and red reserve (EU) is a positive.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

37k on twitch for the finals between rise and red reserve (EU) is a positive.

It had roughly the same on MLG for the finals. Fairly solid.

"Next Gen 4K Textures"

N4kUtBEi_P48uHOEkjhNsoL58f4leSkCZ2uDY5B3

"that visor is like the epitome of 343 design choices."

• Upvote (+1) 8

"that visor is like the epitome of 343 design choices."

Just look at those boots. What the hell is going on in the 343 art designers head.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Next Gen 4K Textures"

Good god, I knew the newer armor was bad, but that side by side is jarring. What an awful direction the art style has gone in.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just look at those boots. What the hell is going on in the 343 art designers head.

It ended up being outsourced I think. 

"Next Gen 4K Textures"

See, these type of art decisions never really bothered me. Fashion, even military fashion, changes. I don't expect everything to always look the same. This to me is almost like comparing Jordan's to Under Armor shoes, etc. They're just different design choices. They even reflect the lore context that they're representing: the Reach armor looks boxy, utilitarian. It represents armor that was designed just to get the job done. No more. The newer armor is far sleeker, looks like it was custom molded to achieve peak athletic performance. It's just a different look for a different time. 

Master Chief still has his iconic look, which is all that really matters, anyway.

edit: I mean, just coming from an engineering perspective, look at the design of consumer items from a decade or two ago and compare them to today. Phones, cars, computers, TVs. Some are driven by fashion changes. Others are driven by objectively improved manufacturing and performance capabilities (rounded cards instead of boxy cars, made possible due to improved manufacturing methods, led to better aerodynamic/safety performance, etc.)

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

See, these type of art decisions never really bothered me. Fashion, even military fashion, changes. I don't expect everything to always look the same. This to me is almost like comparing Jordan's to Under Armor shoes, etc. They're just different design choices. They even reflect the lore context that they're representing: the Reach armor looks boxy, utilitarian. It represents armor that was designed just to get the job done. No more. The newer armor is far sleeker, looks like it was custom molded to achieve peak athletic performance. It's just a different look for a different time. 

Master Chief still has his iconic look, which is all that really matters, anyway.

edit: I mean, just coming from an engineering perspective, look at the design of consumer items from a decade or two ago and compare them to today. Phones, cars, computers, TVs. Some are driven by fashion changes. Others are driven by objectively improved manufacturing and performance capabilities (rounded cards instead of boxy cars, made possible due to improved manufacturing methods, led to better aerodynamic/safety performance, etc.)

0mPchiE.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Even if we forgive the geometry, there’s no defending the textures. Every material in halo 5 looks like painted clay. That’s part of the reason why it looks so poor compared to much older halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think it's feasible that in the time span since Reach and Halo 5 the humans were able to invent a protective armor oil that can revitalize cracked and dry armor for a smooth and silky finish.

As long as it's MEGA BLOKS® friendly. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 months ago Ninja was asked how much would someone have to donate for him to stream Halo 5 for a day. He said it would cost $2,000 because thats what he would miss out on not streaming PUBG for a day.

Today someone asked how much for him to stream H1Z1 and he said $20,000.

• Upvote (+1) 6

ANZ Halo won't place Top 10 at HWC because the Aussie teams (The good teams) are too busy trying not to die because they live in Australia.

Can't grind Halo when shit like this could be in your house!

SnldTYj.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

I live in Australia and have never seen anyting like that. I have seen a kangaroo chase someone through a field before fly kicking him though.

Its definitely seen you though.

As for the NZ Teams, something something shagging sheep. 

• Upvote (+1) 2