CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

To be fair - there was A LOT of fat that needed to be trimmed from the Optic payroll, but Optic Halo was definitely not one of them.

Dumb choice by the new owners.  Optic Halo has been an incredibly successful faction of Optic for the past 2 years.

it seems like most of the optic reddit are of the minds that halo just wasnt worth the investment without realizing that a) if mlg could turn around the sinking ship of cod, there is nothing to say that they couldnt do it with halo and b) this is the most successful halo team in a long long time. dropping this team 2 weeks away from world qualifiers and a month before the biggest prize pool of the year is incredibly stupid and makes this seem like a personal decision vs a business one,especially in light of those tweets

• Upvote (+1) 4

Interesting they dropped Halo before Gears.

I imagine Halo's contract was up so they began negotiating. Gears' time will come, I don't think they 'dropped' the Halo team in the middle of their contract.

ESL ultimately caused this these issues. If we had MLG and a proper league from the beginning things would be different. Of course, anyone looking at past tournaments would EEK out of there. Hopefully, MLG keeps pushing to make Halo a serious esport again and 343 fixes the aiming for H6 :smirk:. 

I had lunch with this guy once a few years ago in Michigan - he ran social media for DXRacer and partnerships I believe.

Not sure how running a twitter account for a company that literally makes products for peoples asses, now is a qualification for salary negotiation - but hey man. #e$port$

Seriously though, his tweet is not totally surprising. Another LINKEDIN CEO guy if you ask me.

Just another classic "CEO" scab we always see in the halo community

it seems like most of the optic reddit are of the minds that halo just wasnt worth the investment without realizing that a) if mlg could turn around the sinking ship of cod, there is nothing to say that they couldnt do it with halo and b) this is the most successful halo team in a long long time. dropping this team 2 weeks away from world qualifiers and a month before the biggest prize pool of the year is incredibly stupid and makes this seem like a personal decision vs a business one,especially in light of those tweets

#Confirmed John Spiher’s Beta ass was bagged by Frosty while playing HCS playlist. He purposely derailed negotiations to “ego” him back. Beta Spiher = 2018’s AGL Brad.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Double post.

I saw someone post: "Only we get to make fun of Halo" (think is was NaVG)

I cant tell you how hard that resonated with me. I literally felt defensive reading this guys tweets of the venue from last year. 

I agree wholeheartedly.  That is a part of our history now.  We were disparaging the venue in the moment it was happening as fans of a franchise that we know can and is doing better now.

That is totally different in context from disparaging it well AFTER the fact that we got settings improvements, better seeding system, better venues and MLG back, and doing that as an entity that has a vested interest in esports succeeding as a whole.

I say this a lot but context ALWAYS matters.  A concept he utterly fails to understand apparently.  The context of the situation now is that there is more intrigue in the top teams than there has ever been.  We have MLG and a million dollar tournament coming in a few weeks that is actually going to look like a million dollar tournament.  Because of their greed they are missing out on catching Halo during an upswing. 

Anyway, i guess this is part of our history now too.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

ok how do we make this happen?

1DJws0o.png

If @@Saucey doesn’t make a GoFundMe, and then work out logistics to make this possible, I will throw a one man riot.

If @@Saucey doesn’t make a GoFundMe, and then work out logistics to make this possible, I will throw a one man riot.

I'll throw down $50 for this.  Even if its just a 1 or 2 tourney psuedo-org "love letter to Halo" type gesture.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The Hitch situation and now this. I get that they are attempting to make Optic a “better” business, but they are also ruining what made Optic so popular in the first place.

At this rate I will be genuinely suprised if any of the OGs are still there by the end of 2018.

#NotMyOptic

• Upvote (+1) 5

Imagine hearing Strongside uncontrollably screaming "Team Beyond" while casting or 343 having to write a post-event article that says "Team Beyond wins Halo World Championships 2018".

That would rustle some jimmies over in Redmond, WA.

I think it would have to be

'Team Team Beyond wins Halo World Championships 2018'.

If she asks, just say you love Splyce too. My wife loves watching me play Fortnite, but use the wrong emote to taunt someone you slapped around one time? Oooooh that couch looks nice. Sorry honey I should have blown him a kiss  :mj:

Lmao that's great. I just send them a hundred bananas over live message. But yeah, actually one of her Christmas presents this year was a Splyce jersey, and I do genuinely love seeing talented new blood play so well and get results. 

• Upvote (+1) 4