CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

morning, all! What did I miss?

Seriously, though, this has made me very sad, not just sad for Halo but sad for OpTic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So basically Texas Rangers Co-owner wanted some of that Esports money. But instead of making a team from scratch wanted to grap the biggest Console org for the fan base. Then get rid of all none essential assets and go PC with tier one Esports only.

How did Optic not see this coming?

• Upvote (+1) 5

"A major org just left Halo, so let's try and force all the others out now."

Old*

Who said anything about forcing other orgs out? They obviously help the scene. Try not putting words in people's mouth.

• Downvote (-1) 1

*don’t press send video post here*

But seriously, bad taste by him. Feel bad for OG org fans.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I have about 3x as much daily catching up to do here. The fuck happened between 11am yesterday and 8am today? I shall soon see.

edit: Oh, for fuck's sake. Optic is gone? I wonder if these big investors realize what made Optic so profitable in the first place. The fans had a close relationship and fondness for the players. This was in part due to Hitch's videos, everyone's blogs, and the loose way they operated. Whatever style of fan you were, there was someone in Optic for you. They're going to run the brand into the ground. I hope Hecz has the ability in the future to reform a similar type of org, although I'm not sure what his situation is or if he'd be interested.

The investors never even realized what made Optic great to the fans. They felt like they were part of a family. This is coming from someone who doesn't really care that much for Optic. The investors came in and immediately started disowning family members. I doubt a lot of these changes are going to sit well with the fans. They couldn't give a shit that Hitch missed some timelines for content. They wanted to see Hitch's videos, however they came.

What dumb moves overall. But hey. They'll figure it out once it's too late. Judging by Twitter, they may have a mutiny on their hands.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Apparently optic died when they were bought out.

#NotMyOptic

• Upvote (+1) 4

While my fiance's favorite squad is Splyce, the storyteller in me is tantalized about the specter of the CLG/OG squad winning a third world championship in three years with three different teams/orgs. Gonna be interesting days, that's for sure... 

If she asks, just say you love Splyce too. My wife loves watching me play Fortnite, but use the wrong emote to taunt someone you slapped around one time? Oooooh that couch looks nice. Sorry honey I should have blown him a kiss  :mj:

I know John Spiher

I thought I had it bad, nvm. Stay strong.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Eh that John Spiher guy looks like he's 12

and he owned up to it and simply said he's sorry - when normally people of his age and position might come at you gun's blazing about how bad ass they are and successful in some weird non-apology. 

I'm over it

• Upvote (+1) 1

All the things I wanna say, that I know I shouldn't say, so instead I'll say let's instead take a moment to see where we are now compared to last year, we've got Major League Gaming back, we have open formats, we have better production, we have more developer and studio communication, and we might even have another great Halo game in our future, so let's not get hung up over some corporate drama.

Its nice to have MLG back but the rest has been said with the past 3 halo games, I wouldnt hold your breath over H6 being any good either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This was my desktop background for a while, for what it's worth.

PYkVSvd.jpg

I was on your desktop background!

This Optic thing is interesting. I have a few friends that are die hard Optic fans. They support them in every esport they're involved in. I get messages last night from them saying the Halo scene is dead and that's why they cut them out. So, I wonder if the overall fanbase is taking a similar view on the subject and Optic's decisions moving forward.

FsIxhVq.gif

By far, one of the best gif's ever made, no matter how old it is.

Pretty sure Nadeshot is smiling exactly like that now.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The meltdown when COD leaves is going to be fantastic.

This could be seen as testing the water and experience potential impact. 

​So i'm sure the new OpTic leadership is doing some more consideration for the even bigger old console team. 

​Even if they're not the rising star going forward.