CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Fuck that guy

Just saw that thread on twitter. As someone who is fairly new to the competitive scene (late H2A), I’m so incredibly glad to have you back involved with Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Luae7KK.png

halo esports is far from dead and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what the hell they are talking about

just because we aren't a tier 1 esport doesn't mean our competitions aren't significant 

i definitely enjoy watching halo 5 esports despite the stale maps/gametypes

and i think the halo formula has a lot of potential for mainstream esports appeal if executed right

The one year progression is not promising.

The one year progression is not promising.

imo it was unwise to host the "Biggest Prize Pool Tourney In Console History" for no reason

i'd rather see 4 big events a year, but what do i know

• Upvote (+1) 6

The weird quest for approval from traditional media and investors is leading it down a soulless path.

• Upvote (+1) 6

EG is all but confirmed now right? They said they wanted a halo team but only if it's a contender

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand being toxic and sometimes just downright stupid on the internet but how do you come into his position and then do something that thoughtless. Its different when you're not just some random person on the internet. Its crazy how someone can say that and now I'm looking at OpTic totally differently. They were supposed to be the good guys but I guess all of that's changing 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Holy what?

I guess OG are the villains now? This is interesting.

Halo really is the most depressing game to love  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gonna be sad when optic drops CoD and turns into a joke.

Then the investors lose money and then come the planted espn and forbes stories with the headline "ESPORTS BUBBLE BURST"

I feel like you have a time machine or something, this is word for word what I can see happening

On a more positive note, apparently there haven't been any crashes at Sydney so far!

Stream time is so bad for me, it starts after midnight and ends before I wake up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stream time is so bad for me, it starts after midnight and ends before I wake up.

Yeah, I've not watched any of it. An 11 hour difference is rough.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

For such an "irrelevant" scene, a lot of people are sure talking about this.

100 thieves would be my ideal choice.