CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Their GoW team doesn't get winnings, at least that is what some folks on r/opticgaming were saying. Could have been that Infinite wanted that sorta clause in the Halo team's contract as well.

I have no source, but this feels like it cannot be possible. Were they saying that about new contracts or do they think it was always that way? I feel like their Gears team cannot be motivated enough to constantly outperform everybody else and not make a penny of prize money.

If this is true and it applies to their new contract with the new owners, these owners are trash for withholding that much money unless all of the players are making huge salaries.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have no source, but this feels like it cannot be possible. Were they saying that about new contracts or do they think it was always that way? I feel like their Gears team cannot be motivated enough to constantly outperform everybody else and not make a penny of prize money.

If this is true and it applies to their new contract with the new owners, these owners are trash for withholding that much money unless all of the players are making huge salaries.

I agree, and I have been trying to find anything via google relating to the matter without success. If it is true, there could be a clause about stipends for good placements? Probably best to assume those people have no idea what they were talking about. 

It will be interesting to see how this affects the future of OpTic, as a lot of their members & Hecz seem extremely against this. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Inb4 Hecz and crew starts a new org and all the optic fans flock

i'm sure he has a non compete clause but that would be sooooooo dope

he should tbh, he made his money, time to build another brand

• Upvote (+1) 8

Inb4 Hecz and crew starts a new org and all the optic fans flock

That would make his tattoo a bit awkward

OpTic CoD didn't win their last tournament either, does that mean they're getting dropped? Is OpTic an Overwatch-only team now?

Find out next time on The Late Esports Show!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly think that Hecz just skirts the blame for all of this so easily - when he sold, everyone was like "OH HE'LL KEEP THE SAME TYPE OF OPTIC FEEL", "no way he gives up decision making power".

Then bam. One of the most intimate teams, that has one of the most loyal fan bases, with a bro-family feel, that constantly pumps out content gets gutted.

Honestly, this is on Hecz. But I think he knew what he was doing and wanted to cash out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

For those of you that don't know my name literally means Optic Gaming Greenwall. I knew when H3CZ sold half the org it could be trouble but i trusted him. He wanted to run with the big dogs in LOL and Overwatch and he's paying for it where it really matters. Halo and COD are the original 2 and I'm frustrated to the point of tears hearing this news.  H3cz made it sound like he would maintain creative control but that obviously isn't the case, and now the fans that have been here the longest are getting shafted. unfuckingbelievable  

• Upvote (+1) 5

i'm so sick of halo streams not having player face cams

THEY MATTER YOU PENNY PINCHERS, jeez louise  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 2

As a life-long Angels fan, this does give me a handy new reason to hate the god damn Texas Rangers.

RIGHT THERE WITH YOU (except the lifelong angels fan part)

• Upvote (+1) 2

As a life-long Angels fan, this does give me a handy new reason to hate the god damn Texas Rangers.

Nah you bring it upon yourself buying all the Ranger's used goods

- Garry Matthews Jr.

- CJ Wilson

- Josh Hamilton 

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1