CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It’s really sad to see money making all the decisions in esports. Decisions like this and having Csgo pro league matches streamed on fucking Facebook, show that the people in charge have no connection to the fans and only see numbers

• Upvote (+1) 4

It’s really sad to see money making all the decisions in esports. Decisions like this and having Csgo pro league matches streamed on fucking Facebook, show that the people in charge have no connection to the fans and only see numbers

It’s always a double edged sword when real money and “legitimacy” show up. Things always change, and it’s rarely for the better.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The higher ups literally pissed off a ton of their fans as well as their players, content creators, and seemingly even Hecz. Awful move.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Optic Create changed his twitter bio to "the last original", sounds like something big is happening with Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just caught up on everything. This seems so out of left field for me from Optic. I hope Hecz and even the players come out with brutally transparent explinations.

Not sure if anybody noticed this yet, but H3CZ took "CEO/OWNER OF OPTIC GAMING" out of his Twitter bio, and Hitch responded to somebody who said the next episode of around the bar is going to spicy, but Hitch said there won't be one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This was the last thing I expected to hear about an organization today.

Wasn't Allegiance recently bought out by the same group? I hope everything is still going well for them.

I want the only Halo brands and MLG logo back for sure. 

In fact, a lot of Halo players of old hate the "main stream" brands in favor of Triggers down, FB, BTH, ECT. when I talked to them

Our scene really was in a league of it's own back in the day. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It would be cool if MLG would let some teams use the older names again. I’ve been walking around the Blizz Arena with my Final Boss Hoodie and a lot of the players have come up to me asking where I got it. Babybay from the SF Shock was like “YOOOO FINAL BOSS IS OG” and I was shocked (pun not intended) to see that he knew who that team was.

I think there’s some real value in those brands still.

If this means Naded on Carbon one last time to not win an event then I'm game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im pretty sure all the OG teams have contracts that allow them keep all their winnings. then they get paid just by being apart of optic on top of that. its why most of them werent consistent on youtube. Hecz was taking care of them and they didnt really have any obligations or responsibilities. I think thats all about to change though unless Hecz kept that said of the business to himself. 

But its all Hecz and J's fault. Its not like they were forced to sell the team but they did.

Their GoW team doesn't get winnings, at least that is what some folks on r/opticgaming were saying. Could have been that Infinite wanted that sorta clause in the Halo team's contract as well.

Not sure if anybody noticed this yet, but H3CZ took "CEO/OWNER OF OPTIC GAMING" out of his Twitter bio, and Hitch responded to somebody who said the next episode of around the bar is going to spicy, but Hitch said there won't be one.

Holy shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want the only Halo brands and MLG logo back for sure.

"A major org just left Halo, so let's try and force all the others out now."