CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"Hecz mentions the Halo team in his interview we recorded last night. We weren't aware of this decision. Most likely going to keep it in and then cover the departure of Halo the following week. Still thinking of the best way to go about it"

Hitch's reply to a reddit post on halo content in the next vision

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpTicGaming/comments/82x1co/misc_daily_discussion_and_match_thread_hub_march/dvejkfh/

wow Hecz not knowing it all is big.

Infinite Esports & Entertainment is the parent company of Optic Gaming nowadays I think, and that is owned by just rich dudes

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope Royal 2, Snakebite, Lethul, and Frosty are smart and DON'T get another org until after Worlds.

Why would you want to give a chunk of your massive winnings from a tournament of that scale to an org?

Did former OG tell us that was in their contracts? contracts come in all shapes and contracts. you can get contracts without paying tournament winnings, well in other games at least.

Apparently hecz didnt even know. 

Speculation on your part, or where do you base this on?

That would be at least very telling...

Get the feel some shit is about to go down with "new optic" and hecz. Here for it tbh. Also am gonna need a new sig for whatever team name/org TJ and company land on. Sad day

This is almost certainly a "prize money %" kinda thing for OG as an org.  Obviously Halo doesn't bring in a ton of revenue/exposure for OG, I'm guessing the new heads of Optic wanted a cut of that prize money.  Can't blame the boys for not signing off on that idea.  Eager to see which org comes in and makes them a substantial offer, or if they fly org-less through Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only reason I ever started following Optic was due to their teams in H2A, sad to see them ditch one of the games that they started with. Wonder what will happen to the Gears of War and COD team

• Upvote (+1) 2

Esports is about building a community around your brand. I remember listening to a Rooster Teeth podcast where Bernie talks about how having a smaller number of loyal fans is better than a lot of casuals. Basically, from business standpoint the revenue/fan is so much higher that way. That kind of mentality is clearly gone. The new ownership has squandered a massive opportunity by shitting on people's hearts.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Bad move on Hecz's part selling majority share. I would have thought he was smarter than that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Esports is about building a community around your brand. I remember listening to a Rooster Teeth podcast where Bernie talks about how having a smaller number of loyal fans is better than a lot of casuals. Basically, from business standpoint the revenue/fan is so much higher that way. That kind of mentality is clearly gone. The new ownership has squandered a massive opportunity by shitting on people's hearts.

Lets be honest here, did anyone here actually buy merchandise from OpTic?

Bad move on Hecz's part selling majority share. I would have thought he was smarter than that.

Yes, how foolish of him for wanting the opportunity to take part in OWL and LCS. I'm sure he might come to regret it but hindsight is 20/20.

Kind of have to agree here. It's like the mom and pop shop got bought by Walmart. Sure Optic was a huge esports org, but Hecz and co always made it feel more personal and always valued loyalty.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I want to see some videos of former optic fans burning their jerseys with Spartan helmets on ASAP

• Upvote (+1) 5

Did former OG tell us that was in their contracts? contracts come in all shapes and contracts. you can get contracts without paying tournament winnings, well in other games at least.

Im pretty sure all the OG teams have contracts that allow them keep all their winnings. then they get paid just by being apart of optic on top of that. its why most of them werent consistent on youtube. Hecz was taking care of them and they didnt really have any obligations or responsibilities. I think thats all about to change though unless Hecz kept that said of the business to himself. 

But its all Hecz and J's fault. Its not like they were forced to sell the team but they did.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lets be honest here, did anyone here actually buy merchandise from OpTic?

I tried to on several occasions but the items I wanted were always unavailable. Their store was not operated well from what I could tell.

Wasn't it all for the Overwatch team aswell?

Talk about gambling.

He wanted in on Overwatch & LoL, so he got what he wanted.

The new owners sounds like Ottawa Senators' owner Melnyk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't it all for the Overwatch team aswell?

Talk about gambling.

If thats the case, he got finessed.