CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG Lethul plz and thank you

Here's my theory: New ownership wanted to include some sly clauses in the contract that they can get away with most of the time. PJs a smart future stock broker who said, "nah" which Lethul followed up on more colorfully as they all walk out.

Could also be part of the reason why snakebites content stopped. This shit always starts internally way before you hear about it.

fuck you "new optic" and the horse you rode in on

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hecz and friends changed their avatars / headers to black right after, and I doubt it's because of Black Ops 4.

Why would Hecz change his though? 

Hitch is no longer executive producer of optic content because of issues with vision not hitting schedules. Hitch still has vision but all other optic content is under no scope media. Hitch made it seem like he was getting kicked out

Oh damn.

Also, what is this black avatar theory? How is them changing their avatars a negotiation tactic? What're they trying to negotiate?

The best Halo team in the world just hit the open market right before Worlds, and there will be blood.

Also do not be shocked if you see some movement on the COD side of things for Optic as well. The players are not happy with the direction the organization has taken in the last 6 months.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The best Halo team in the world just hit the open market right before Worlds, and there will be blood.

Also do not be shocked if you see some movement on the COD side of things for Optic as well. The players are not happy with the direction the organization has taken in the last 6 months.

Gears too

Gotta keep those mediocre LCS and CS teams going

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why would Hecz change his though? 

Hecz is not calling the biggest shots anymore. 

Crimsix once said on reddit: that he doesn't even know who are the new bosses and that they never met them.

The CoD team is also not that happy with the new direction of Optic 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought the investment was just money and for ownership in the Overwatch League brand / spot. 
​So they have a say in operations aswell. 

I'm not really that surprised that this happened given how the Halo team hasn't been on a single episode of vision in like what 5 months now?

This is obviously just my speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if the contract issue had to do with the forced move because I know that Crimsix stated in an AMA that the COD team is being required to move to Dallas so I could see that being an issue for Frosty/TJ.

So based on what you guys are saying about Hitch and the COD team, are big money investors about to pull a classic big money investor move by coming in, investing in a hot brand, and then destroying what made said brand hot?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hecz is not calling the biggest shots anymore. 

Crimsix once said on reddit: that he doesn't even know who are the new bosses and that they never met them.

The CoD team is also not that happy with the new direction of Optic 

Did Hecz sell part of the org? How is he not calling the biggest shots? Where did these people come from lol?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did Hecz sell part of the org? How is he not calling the biggest shots? Where did these people come from lol?

Hecz is no longer the controlling owner, but remains CEO I believe. Where do you think the money for the OWL spot came from?

Console esports is not a profitable business like the guaranteed revenues that OWL and LCS bring.

It's sad that Optic as an organization has had its soul ripped out in the name of money. 

Hecz sold the majority share to the co-owner of the Texas Rangers. He's really nothing more than a face of the business now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

"Hecz mentions the Halo team in his interview we recorded last night. We weren't aware of this decision. Most likely going to keep it in and then cover the departure of Halo the following week. Still thinking of the best way to go about it"

Hitch's reply to a reddit post on halo content in the next vision

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpTicGaming/comments/82x1co/misc_daily_discussion_and_match_thread_hub_march/dvejkfh/

https://twitter.com/OpTicMBoZe/status/971890550893932544

• Upvote (+1) 2