CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'll make the argument that a lot of the free content throughout the year should have been included at release, especially Forge.  I can understand slowly pumping out maps/skins/armor/etc, but to release a Halo game without key components and game types that have existed in Halo since 2007-ish was just dumb.

Also, I have a suspicion that the free content wouldn't have been free if MCC wasn't such a scam to consumers on its release.

When it comes to forge, I meant all the extra pieces they added later. Anyway, Optic happened, /thread.

I could be completely wrong, but Snakebite saying the team and org 'couldn't come to an agreement' sounds like the team wanted to stick together but OpTic as an org wanted them to make a change.

Could be wrong, but sounds a bit like that to me.

• Downvote (-1) 1

What did PJ mean by "the new Optic"? I don't keep up with the org very much, did something change there?

Also:

• Upvote (+1) 3

There were rumours when Optic got "bought" or went under new ownership that the new owners are way more business orientated and cold.

Combining stuff like Hitch and now this just seems to confirm this, I wonder how long they will keep their LCS team if doesn't get better

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What did PJ mean by "the new Optic"? I don't keep up with the org very much, did something change there?

Also:

Hecz isn't the sole owner anymore from what I remember.

Please someone let there be a Final Boss org. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could be completely wrong, but Snakebite saying the team and org 'couldn't come to an agreement' sounds like the team wanted to stick together but OpTic as an org wanted them to make a change.

I'd say it's more likely a contract issue with winnings etc. Optic might have wanted a bigger slice of the pie than what the team were willing to give.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Competitive Halo isn't making money and OG want money.

Its probably that simple.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There were rumours when Optic got "bought" or went under new ownership that the new owners are way more business orientated and cold.

Combining stuff like Hitch and now this just seems to confirm this, I wonder how long they will keep their LCS team if doesn't get better

They aren't getting rid of the LCS spot anytime soon. They invested millions into it and if anything they will blow up the roster, coach, and manager. The Halo scene probably isn't strong enough to justify the investment at this time. 

There's no way an org could run a team like that. The players know whats best in that instance. Its 99.999999% about money

Sucks to see the best org in Halo jump ship when they're currently the most stable and well known team in the scene. Really bad look for our game if an org is going to jump in that scenario

Competitive Halo isn't making money and OG want money.

Its probably that simple.

Based off of Snakebite's tweet it seems like Optic were still interested in sponsoring the team.

"Couldn't come to an agreement"

maxresdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

Shit is just crazy to see OG out of Halo. But not surprised with the "New Optic" it sucks. 

Also that vision ending was just insane. it was so dope.... "Don't worry....we got this." 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The Optic Halo team is probably the most expensive one (especially if you want to make a new contract now), so i doubt the money invested is worth the low exposure you get via competitive Halo theses days for the org. 

Opportunity costs and all. 

Didn't several members of OG halo recently move to Dallas, or were planning to?

• Upvote (+1) 5