CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why? The REQ system is probably the most benign lootbox system in modern FPS games. Everything is easily unlockable from barely playing the game and the only things that require money are team skins that directly support HCS.

I don't know about that man, it took me a loooooong time to unlock most things, even when I did buy some packs.

Also I really miss the system in Halo 3 where achievements and such unlocked different pieces, I don't like having to pray to RNGsus to give me the helmet I want. By the time I unlocked the ODST helmet that I wanted I was pretty much done with the game.

EDIT: For an idea of how long it took me to unlock everything:

I started playing H5 on day one, and I almost entirely stopped playing in April of 2017 - I've played a couple games since then but there is a huge gap that starts mid April 2017. I know I played for maybe a month or so after I unlocked everything. So lets say I unlocked everything in February of 2017, it took me 1 year, 3 months and change to unlock almost all of the customization options. I also bought 2 packs of 50(?) gold REQs at some point - because I am a huge chump and part of the problem - so it would have been even longer if I hadn't have done that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope theres plans to have a "sell all REQs" button in Halo 6

Sounds expensive

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wish they would make the h3 throwback playlist as RANKED. Keep getting awful team mates.

No thank you.  The solution to matchmaking issues isn't to make the playlist ranked.  It's the best playlist right now, but its still a mess and so far modified from Halo 5. and its rotational.  and uses all forge maps, some with major framerate issues.

The game only needs 3 or 4 ranked lists to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know about that man, it took me a loooooong time to unlock most things, even when I did buy some packs.

Also I really miss the system in Halo 3 where achievements and such unlocked different pieces, I don't like having to pray to RNGsus to give me the helmet I want. By the time I unlocked the ODST helmet that I wanted I was pretty much done with the game.

EDIT: For an idea of how long it took me to unlock everything:

I started playing H5 on day one, and I almost entirely stopped playing in April of 2017 - I've played a couple games since then but there is a huge gap that starts mid April 2017. I know I played for maybe a month or so after I unlocked everything. So lets say I unlocked everything in February of 2017, it took me 1 year, 3 months and change to unlock almost all of the customization options. I also bought 2 packs of 50(?) gold REQs at some point - because I am a huge chump and part of the problem - so it would have been even longer if I hadn't have done that.

I think its fair to say they added tons of stuff throughout the year, so technically, it wasn't even possible to unlock everything sooner. But there were a lot of grinders with all unlocks, waiting with their points for the next update. Anyway, there was actually tons of cool stuff for free added with the updates. Don't even know if there is another game with so much free content. Yeah the maps were mostly crap, but hey, unlocks, firefight, tons of forge pieces, game modes (yeah not quite working), cool stuff. Hope to see that again in Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think its fair to say they added tons of stuff throughout the year, so technically, it wasn't even possible to unlock everything sooner. But there were a lot of grinders with all unlocks, waiting with their points for the next update. Anyway, there was actually tons of cool stuff for free added with the updates. Don't even know if there is another game with so much free content. Yeah the maps were mostly crap, but hey, unlocks, firefight, tons of forge pieces, game modes (yeah not quite working), cool stuff. Hope to see that again in Halo 6.

I hope to see Halo 6 as a completed game on release instead of having 17 year old gametypes and features from a decade ago drip fed to us over the course of a couple of years. Free maps are cool and cosmetics are too I guess but a lot of the biggest free content releases were things that shouldn't have been absent on release

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd much rather have reqs and free content updates than no reqs and having to pay for map packs.

this. i hated how bungie would shut you out of certain playlists for not buying the latest map pack

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll make the argument that a lot of the free content throughout the year should have been included at release, especially Forge.  I can understand slowly pumping out maps/skins/armor/etc, but to release a Halo game without key components and game types that have existed in Halo since 2007-ish was just dumb.

Also, I have a suspicion that the free content wouldn't have been free if MCC wasn't such a scam to consumers on its release.

• Upvote (+1) 3

this. i hated how bungie would shut you out of certain playlists for not buying the latest map pack

Yeah, the fact that you can completely ignore the req system if all you play is arena makes it absolutely fine IMO.

I would like to see them add the ability to purchase armour outright using req points for H6 though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll make the argument that a lot of the free content throughout the year should have been included at release, especially Forge.  I can understand slowly pumping out maps/skins/armor/etc, but to release a Halo game without key components and game types that have existed in Halo since 2007-ish was just dumb.

Also, I have a suspicion that the free content wouldn't have been free if MCC wasn't such a scam to consumers on its release.

I would have rather received one really solid Arena map every three months throughout Halo 5's life (i.e. Overwatch) than six months of maps straight and zero content afterwards.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Where did you get your poutine from?

Don't judge me, I got the Buffalo Chicken poutine from Harvey's because it was close and I was desperate. It hit a realll spot, I just woke up from the nap that it put me in. That and the Oreo milkshake... God tier fast food

I hope Royal 2, Snakebite, Lethul, and Frosty are smart and DON'T get another org until after Worlds.

Why would you want to give a chunk of your massive winnings from a tournament of that scale to an org?

• Upvote (+1) 7