CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What if......

Halo 6 IS the Codename for this MCC fix and rework.

And instead of 'Halo 6' we get a fully functioning Halo MCC. I'd be down for that.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone else confused by this tweet?

"These won't be drawn live"

"we will be drawing the... groups live"

The drawing for Columbus groups won’t be live.

The drawing for HWC Finals will be live

Whats the purpose of points if its going to be random?

Points were the ticket to the dance. Also, it’s not entirely random: Top 4 teams will be the favorites in their pool. Top 8 will be second. Top 12 will be 3rd. Top 16 will be the underdog.

I don’t see the issue.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Whats the purpose of points if its going to be random? 

To determine who gets to go is about the only thing I can think of. 

For drama. They do it in cod. Theyre still guaranteed to be 2nd best in their group.

I wonder how the pros would feel if they used seeds to determine pools because I'm pretty sure it would look like this:

Pool A: 1, 8, 9, 16

Pool B: 2, 7, 10, 15

Pool D: 3, 6, 11, 14

Pool D: 4, 5, 12, 13

I have no clue who the teams are so I don't know what teams fit into those slots, but it would be interesting to see if they'd ultimately prefer it that way.

(Someone correct me if I’m wrong on the pool layout btw, I wasn’t entirely certain but I figured it’s similar to how you’d construct a 16 team bracket with the 1st team playing the 16th team and then the winner playing the 8th or 9th team depending)

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'm really not a fan of the randomly drawn groups

there's no reason for it.....

people have been playing for ~3 months to acquire points and improve their seed........

• Upvote (+1) 6

people have been playing for ~3 months to acquire points and improve their seed........

They have been playing 3 months to get into a grouping, not a seed. Only top 4 teams deserve a seed
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They have been playing 3 months to get into a grouping, not a seed. Only top 4 teams deserve a seed

Can't say I disagree with this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree. 

But to be clear, the issue is that this is terribly run. It's not a big deal if pools are randomized, but you surely have to say that at the beginning. Why would you have all these tournaments only then to announce that it's randomized? That's ridiculous. It's something that easily should have been clarified months ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

They have been playing 3 months to get into a grouping, not a seed. 

no, you're wrong, they've been playing for seeds, you use the seeds to determine the groups.....

did you even read tashi's tweet or naw

Only top 4 teams deserve a seed

why

that doesn't even make sense

• Upvote (+1) 1

no, you're wrong, they've been playing for seeds, you use the seeds to determine the groups.....

did you even read tashi's tweet or naw

why

that doesn't even make sense

Did you not understand my post?

Theyre grindiing just to make top16 in points. The seeds dont matter anymore and shouldnt beyond the top4, since they dont share placings. There is nothing separating rng and fyra based on Orlando for instance.

The 5-8 teams deserve better placements than the two groups below, and they will get it. At no point will any of the 5-8 teams not be considered the rightful 2nd best in a pool. This way leads to more varied matchups. It's much more entertaining

• Downvote (-1) 1

Theyre grindiing just to make top16 in points. The seeds dont matter anymore and shouldnt beyond the top4, since they dont share placings. There is nothing separating rng and fyra based on Orlando for instance.

besides the pro points they earned throughout the season and at orlando 

The 5-8 teams deserve better placements than the two groups below, and they will get it. At no point will any of the 5-8 teams not be considered the rightful 2nd best in a pool.

yeah this still isn't an issue if they do it objectively based on their accrued pro points 

9nUC0Tz.png

This way leads to more varied matchups. It's much more entertaining 

that's the problem, it's not fair

it might be more entertaining but this isn't prize fighting, it's supposed to be a esport

• Upvote (+1) 3

The 5-8 teams deserve better placements than the two groups below, and they will get it. At no point will any of the 5-8 teams not be considered the rightful 2nd best in a pool. This way leads to more varied matchups. It's much more entertaining

You do realize this would still be the same thing if the pools were set-up in a standard fashion, correct? 1-8-9-16, 2-7-10-15. Might be entertaining to you, but if the pools aren't drawn in front of our faces then it seems like they're rigging it. Which I don't doubt lol

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1