CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I might be going crazy but I swear that during events I’ve watched recently the pause menu pops up for a couple of milliseconds randomly during the game.

Not sure if it’s something with the spectator mode but I’ve noticed it a fair bit. I’ve probably missed the discussion on it already but has anyone else noticed it and is there a reason for it happening?

People do it because they think it helps with heavy aim. 

You've kept the same sens for a YEAR? Man that's the patience of a Saint right there.

I have been on 3/1 for a while now.  Seems super slow, but at least i don't windmill like Don Quixote on drugs...

I have been on 3/1 for a while now. Seems super slow, but at least i don't windmill like Don Quixote on drugs...

I've gone every direction. Aimikg just feels different every 10 games. I'll feel perfect for a while and then out of nowhere I am physically incapable of aiming on that sens. I just want the input delay gone and normal aiming put in. You know, since they can "change it back if people don't like it" teehee
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'm kind of glad now they left out including the Irish flag in the flag pack. Them not releasing any now doesn't effect me.  :cool:

You've kept the same sens for a YEAR? Man that's the patience of a Saint right there.

Thank you! It's my best and only virtue.  :cool:

He was super well known to AMs due to the fact he was always in the best pro lobbies.

So with that logic, Scaryotic isn't considered an amateur? If not amateur, what do we call a player who has never attended a major? 

I was using him as an example because of his major leap from obscurity to prominence. 

I think maybe Audley is trying to say that Snipedown went straight from 'online kid' to 'MLG pro' without being in the amateur bracket at MLG events?  so he wasn't technically an AM, but rather a known online kid.  

I guess it's true for Shotzzy as well, he never placed outside the top 8 at an HCS event (and was a known Reach player at age 9 or whatever).  Formal placed top 32-ish at some late H3 events iirc, but apart from that reached the top pretty quickly ...

I think maybe Audley is trying to say that Snipedown went straight from 'online kid' to 'MLG pro' without being in the amateur bracket at MLG events?  so he wasn't technically an AM, but rather a known online kid.  

I guess it's true for Shotzzy as well, he never placed outside the top 8 at an HCS event (and was a known Reach player at age 9 or whatever).  Formal placed top 32-ish at some late H3 events iirc, but apart from that reached the top pretty quickly ...

Right. Which is semantics when you consider the context of discussion. I felt like they were pretty good examples.

Let's shift over to the current 'online kids'. There is no greater ego in this community than Scaryotic. His attitude needs massive adjustment but with the right leadership and enough time practicing with the top teams he could end up a new Neptune, Shotzy or Renegade.

I definitely agree there is a false sense of entitlement among many new players but if you aren't competing for first what is the point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I definitely agree there is a false sense of entitlement among many new players seemingly everybody but if you aren't competing that don't want to compete for first what is the point and just be given first.

FTFY.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:kappa: but thats about the same level of ridiculousness 

To be fair, that's pretty much how I feel about the notion of folks who get super upset at no flag skins... ;-) 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair, that's pretty much how I feel about the notion of folks who get super upset at no flag skins... ;-) 

oof

FTFY.

I can't agree with 'seemingly everybody' since i talk to a ridiculous amount of the new talent but the rest is spot on. Shutting up and putting your nose to the grind stone is key.

there's a difference between thinking you're good enough to win and being an insufferable douche though. there's no point to acting like that because it will only hurt your career

There definitely is! A fine line though in my opinion.

I spoke with Snipedown on AIM back then because we played a lot of FFA and he was friends with my teammates Willah G and Killzone. He was polite and an awesome guy but boy he was hands down THE most cocky player I had ever spoken to... (it wasn't until way later I found out he had every right to be).

I remember a specific time he asked me who I thought was the best Halo 3 player in the world.

He was disappointed I said Legendpimps and not himself. (At the time Team Classic was #1 on Gamebattles and Walshy had just invited them to LAN with Final Boss for a weekend) 

Formal very much was the same way before his come up. 

Its got nothing to do with the flag skins.  I don't care about the skins.  I have the splyce ones, those are sick enough for the rest of H5 :).

Its because the reasoning why we don't have the skins just looks like overly PC, skittish nonsense.  it really grinds my gears how we seem to have these bipolar reactions to social issues.

**Insert family guy gif that i am too lazy to make**

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its got nothing to do with the flag skins.  I don't care about the skins.  I have the splyce ones, those are sick enough for the rest of H5 :).

Its because the reasoning why we don't have the skins just looks like overly PC, skittish nonsense.  it really grinds my gears how we seem to have these bipolar reactions to social issues.

**Insert family guy gif that i am too lazy to make**

Oh trust me, I understand... =/

• Upvote (+1) 5

So can we get some MLG, Final Boss, Carbon, etc skins to replace those since we got the space now :)

YESSSSSSSSSSSS. Throw Instinct in there too please

• Upvote (+1) 5

Str8 Sick didn't get a touch until about 5-6 seconds after Rayne's kills disappeared from kill feed -- those first two deaths had already respawned and had 3 seconds to react before he made it into the base.  He then went to blind grab and did not use thrust to break sightline or pull back behind table quickly, so he exposed himself to a lot of free damage.

When Zeke touched after, he quickly threw straight down to fountain instead of running wider toward Ryan who was covering him, made himself an easy kill for Frosty who was also already off spawn at low elbow before he got touch.

When a name disappears from the kill feed, there's 3 seconds before they spawn, so good general rule of thumb if you're pulling flags is: if it disappears from feed before you have the touch, assume they're already up and set up to slay again or bait it instead of touching first.

so... 8 second spawns yay or nay?

Str8 Sick didn't get a touch until about 5-6 seconds after Rayne's kills disappeared from kill feed -- those first two deaths had already respawned and had 3 seconds to react before he made it into the base.  He then went to blind grab and did not use thrust to break sightline or pull back behind table quickly, so he exposed himself to a lot of free damage.

When Zeke touched after, he quickly threw straight down to fountain instead of running wider toward Ryan who was covering him, made himself an easy kill for Frosty who was also already off spawn at low elbow before he got touch.

When a name disappears from the kill feed, there's 3 seconds before they spawn, so good general rule of thumb if you're pulling flags is: if it disappears from feed before you have the touch, assume they're already up and set up to slay again or bait it instead of touching first.

W04HVSy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2