CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So people have been intentionally spamming start to be harder to hit?

Not really pros, but I'm sure some MM nerds do for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 9

So people have been intentionally spamming start to be harder to hit?

I just tried it in a custom, it's like you're rubber banding like an inch every time you hit pause - it looks hilarious when falling.

I might be going crazy but I swear that during events I’ve watched recently the pause menu pops up for a couple of milliseconds randomly during the game.

Not sure if it’s something with the spectator mode but I’ve noticed it a fair bit. I’ve probably missed the discussion on it already but has anyone else noticed it and is there a reason for it happening?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I might be going crazy but I swear that during events I’ve watched recently the pause menu pops up for a couple of milliseconds randomly during the game.

Not sure if it’s something with the spectator mode but I’ve noticed it a fair bit. I’ve probably missed the discussion on it already but has anyone else noticed it and is there a reason for it happening?

accident neg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean pros still do that bc of "heavy aim" once in a while.

Also do we have any date or know when the official Columbus rosters will be released?

But seriously, Formal was once an AM. Snipedown too

It was before I started following competitive Halo, but -was- Snipedown ever an Am?  I was under the impression he placed 7th at his first ever LAN event and then started winning events right after.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It was before I started following competitive Halo, but -was- Snipedown ever an Am?  I was under the impression he placed 7th at his first ever LAN event and then started winning events right after.

snipedown was a very well known h2 player from what i recall

• Upvote (+1) 1

snipedown was a very well known h2 player from what i recall

He wasnt. He never went to an event

He wasnt. He never went to an event

i'm aware but he was known for being good online

he played with very well known content creators

i remember cause i used to play back then

In 2005, I found out that league was MLG. I actually became fairly known, primarily because I always pulled Host and in Halo 2, you could do anything with that. I played better and did it with better people. I started playing some of the Pros that people were talking about when I got into the 40's rank in Team Hardcore. I started playing a bunch of FFA's; which was by far the most fun for me. I only shot at the people I knew I could kill which always led to a high hit %. Players found this statistic interesting, as I would be in the 60's or more each game. I didn't know any professionals at the time, so I just played with people I met online. I seemed to always win and thought I was just so good at the time, only to have a reality check here soon.-------- A few weeks later, I heard about a local LAN that was going on in Greenwood, IN at a place called Toxcity. There was an FFA and 4v4 tournament going on. My parents weren’t too keen on me going to something like this at age 15. I convinced one of my old friends to come with me and drive me. We got there and my friend told me that “IlliniFan v22” and “I got Cats” were relatively good, and that made me want to win more. There were probably 16 teams there and everyone played in the FFA. I won each round with 60 + hit percentage each game and my name started to echo throughout the tournament. I took over the finals with ease and won at my first local. I actually had my first mini crowd around me and I felt pressure for the first time. I LOVED it. Some of the known players like “IlliniFan v22” and “I got Cats” sat around me and watched me play 4's. They told me I had one of the best shots they had ever seen. By the end of the LAN, they told me they would teach me how to play fours. It wasn't the fact that they told me they would help me (which didn't happen), but the fact that I knew I had accomplished my goals and got my name out there that little bit more. As awesome as that was, my friend and I were asked to come out to LAN whenever we wanted to and even at some of the Players houses. I took them up on that a few times and we had random 4v4's every now and then.

I started getting a reputation for always having that statistic, a high hit percentage, and the top 32 players started hearing about it. I met a player online named Xbl Swordey, who told me he knew some people. These players were Soviet and Killer N, some of the best FFA players at the time. I couldn't believe it and was so ready to play. Well, I got third place every game, behind them each time. Boom!! I couldn't believe it. I thought I was better than that. It just infuriated me that I lost, but I wasn't going to stop there. I was determined. I played FFA's from the time I got home from middle school, till I ate dinner or played sports, then just got right back on Halo and started playing again. It was my life, and I enjoyed every second of it. Time just flew by, and before I knew it I was winning every single FFA with outstanding differences against good players. I played “Pain x Factor” online in a bunch of FFA's. That’s what he was always known for and it was on his host. Well, I beat him three games in a row. In the middle of me winning the 4th game, he just kicked me and told me I was all this and that sort of garbage (the usual you get at a point of defeat.) HaHa… At this point, I knew who all the top MLG Pros were. I had known of players like Ogres, Zyos, Killer N, T2 and a whole bunch of other pros since the Glory days of H1, but had never thought about the League they played for. I was a 45 in Team Hardcore at the time, which was very good for the H2 days, and played with Gregor, Aries, Perplexity, Hysteria, Tensor, Gun Shot, Eli, Best Man and a few others on the regular. We were by far the biggest Xbl Warriors and I got this name from beating pros online. It gave me confidence and if I lost I just became that much better.

Hey guys my name is Eric "Snip3down" Wrona. I have always wanted to write this, but just thought now was a perfect time to get this out. I am going to start from where it all began - my first real time ever playing the Halo series. A true Halo Professionals Success story and rise to the top from 2002-2008-------- It all started when I was invited to one of my friend's house, Grant Chapman, to play Halo: Combat Evolved with a bunch of my friends from middle school. Everyone knew Grant and his best friend Brant were the two best players in school, and I hadn't touched the game Halo other than once previously, as well as not owning an Xbox. We played a bunch of Free for All's while they were there with me coming in Third place every game. This automatically got me invited to the next LAN, which seemed to happen every weekend from then on out. Well, in a matter of weeks I was up there with Grant and Brant winning FFA's and was deemed, "The Natural".

These LAN's went on for years; we found out who the best players were in my town, and started playing against people who went to tournaments. We got destroyed... these players knew the spawns and it felt like they were just on another level. We ended up going to LAN's all the time and just started to learn the physics of the game. It ended up becoming a hobby for all of us. The game was so much fun back then. If we couldn't get a LAN going, there was always the world famous XBC to take advantage of. Then came the end of Halo: Combat Evolved.-------- Obviously, when Halo 2 came out everyone switched games. Well, Halo 2 was also where I broke away in skill compared to my friends. I loved the game, the ranking system, the playlist and really enjoyed meeting new people online. My old friends still played the game. They just played it a lot less than I did. I hope you all remember clan matches from Halo 2. I met a lot of cool people through those. I had my Team Slayer friends, my Team Hardcore friends and my BTB friends. Team Hardcore always seemed to be the most challenging, so I decided that was the best playlist to play.

I started to hear more and more about a league that was hosting tournaments for Halo. I continued to grow more interested and asked questions. In 2005, I found out that league was MLG. I actually became fairly known, primarily because I always pulled Host and in Halo 2, you could do anything with that. I played better and did it with better people. I started playing some of the Pros that people were talking about when I got into the 40's rank in Team Hardcore. I started playing a bunch of FFA's; which was by far the most fun for me. I only shot at the people I knew I could kill which always led to a high hit %. Players found this statistic interesting, as I would be in the 60's or more each game. I didn't know any professionals at the time, so I just played with people I met online. I seemed to always win and thought I was just so good at the time, only to have a reality check here soon.-------- A few weeks later, I heard about a local LAN that was going on in Greenwood, IN at a place called Toxcity. There was an FFA and 4v4 tournament going on. My parents weren’t too keen on me going to something like this at age 15. I convinced one of my old friends to come with me and drive me. We got there and my friend told me that “IlliniFan v22” and “I got Cats” were relatively good, and that made me want to win more. There were probably 16 teams there and everyone played in the FFA. I won each round with 60 + hit percentage each game and my name started to echo throughout the tournament. I took over the finals with ease and won at my first local. I actually had my first mini crowd around me and I felt pressure for the first time. I LOVED it. Some of the known players like “IlliniFan v22” and “I got Cats” sat around me and watched me play 4's. They told me I had one of the best shots they had ever seen. By the end of the LAN, they told me they would teach me how to play fours. It wasn't the fact that they told me they would help me (which didn't happen), but the fact that I knew I had accomplished my goals and got my name out there that little bit more. As awesome as that was, my friend and I were asked to come out to LAN whenever we wanted to and even at some of the Players houses. I took them up on that a few times and we had random 4v4's every now and then.

I started getting a reputation for always having that statistic, a high hit percentage, and the top 32 players started hearing about it. I met a player online named Xbl Swordey, who told me he knew some people. These players were Soviet and Killer N, some of the best FFA players at the time. I couldn't believe it and was so ready to play. Well, I got third place every game, behind them each time. Boom!! I couldn't believe it. I thought I was better than that. It just infuriated me that I lost, but I wasn't going to stop there. I was determined. I played FFA's from the time I got home from middle school, till I ate dinner or played sports, then just got right back on Halo and started playing again. It was my life, and I enjoyed every second of it. Time just flew by, and before I knew it I was winning every single FFA with outstanding differences against good players. I played “Pain x Factor” online in a bunch of FFA's. That’s what he was always known for and it was on his host. Well, I beat him three games in a row. In the middle of me winning the 4th game, he just kicked me and told me I was all this and that sort of garbage (the usual you get at a point of defeat.) HaHa… At this point, I knew who all the top MLG Pros were. I had known of players like Ogres, Zyos, Killer N, T2 and a whole bunch of other pros since the Glory days of H1, but had never thought about the League they played for. I was a 45 in Team Hardcore at the time, which was very good for the H2 days, and played with Gregor, Aries, Perplexity, Hysteria, Tensor, Gun Shot, Eli, Best Man and a few others on the regular. We were by far the biggest Xbl Warriors and I got this name from beating pros online. It gave me confidence and if I lost I just became that much better.

I started talking to players more frequently and a lot of people were interested in teaming. I remember a game with Bradddddd and Smoltz online on Sanctuary where I dropped Positive 18 with 72 hit % in a 4v4 Game. He just freaked out. Sent me a friend request instantly which had started to get more common among the pros. Most of them were very friendly. The worst part about teaming with all of these people online was that I was freaking out about telling my parents. I'm 15 years-old at the time, playing sports every other day for school. What the heck am I going to say to them? Well, I just went for it! I always knew my mother would be the person to go to first, as I knew my dad was just a direct.....NO. Unfortunately, my mom wasn't too up for it either. I started negotiating with them. I'll do more chores around the house. I’ll get better grades in school. I’ll pay for the trip myself. I showed both of them what the tournaments looked like, how they were set up, videos, pictures, the players. Everything. Nothing seemed to work. Then I finally got a ride with someone I knew. As well as me keeping up with everything I told them I would do. The first tournament was in Meadowlands 2007; I was 16 at the time. I teamed up with Kill3n, Gun shot, and xShook, only to be dropped for Pistola a few weeks before. I ended up teaming with Puss N' Boots, Alco, and Killzone, and we had everything set up to go. I remember because I got Neighbor to add me, one of my favorite players at the time, and I told him that if I didn't go to this tournament, he could remove me. I had everything planned out. I was getting out of school on Thursday, getting picked up by “I got Cats” and heading to the event where we would play on Friday. Everything worked out perfect, till I got a phone call telling me there wasn't any more room in the car and they couldn't pick me up. I was devastated. My one chance of going to a tournament in Halo 2 was over. Everyone thought I had bailed and lied about going to the tournament and it gave me a bad reputation. Neighbor removed me by the way. :'(

What to do, what to do, what to do... Well, I continued to play Halo 2 Online as long as it was out, but was too busy to go to another tournament. I waited for Halo 3. Finally. Halo 3 was out, time to buy an Xbox 360. It took me a while to get used to the controllers, but it wasn’t that hard of a switch with how much I played. I got a head start on all of the other professionals since they were still playing Halo 2 events. I loved it and took a strong advantage. I always had great hand-eye coordination from playing sports as a kid and I found a quick knack with the sniper rifle, which had always been my favorite weapon. I just found it more useful in this game. I played with Bradddd, Smoltz, and DemonHunter, which was going to be our team going into the first event. Well, Smoltz had problems going and so did Demonhunter. I ended up joining Eli and Gun Shot. They were two friends that I had always wanted to team with and I knew they had been interested in teaming with me. They asked me whom I thought would be a good fit, and I told them SsSilent. He eventually became our 4th. We decided on the team name... Ambush.-------- Time to talk to my parents again. (Keep in mind that they thought I was done) I told them about this tournament and how good my team was. They didn't believe me, but this time I had met Puss N' Boots, my local friend. He was going to the tournament and he was 20 years old at the time I was 17. He came over and met my parents, and told them he would be attending as well as getting on the same flights as me. They loved the idea and really liked Justin as a person. After he left I talked to my parents more and told them I was so confident that if I didn't make money at my first tournament I wouldn't attend another event. They agreed. Meadowlands MLG 2008 here I come!!

I got on my flights with Justin, took off and then met up with Eli and his brother to drive the rest of the way to the tournament. We got to the event, signed in and started walking towards the entrance. My heart was pumping so hard at this time just in disbelief at what I was seeing. A tall player started walking up towards us, it was Talent. He looked at me straight in the face asked who I was and I told him "Snip3down" and he just said, "Damn, your not as nerdy as I thought you were gonna be". I just started cracking up, and was relieved right away. I was pretty shy throughout the weekend, but it all just felt right from the time I walked in. Time to play through AM. We stormed through our first rounds with ease getting more comfortable along the way. We made it through to Pro Bracket. It felt like forever since we had to wait for each round to end. Our first round was against Cloudy Cloud's team. We got beat 3-2, and were done for the day. It was so upsetting, as I didn't play the last game, Onslaught Slayer, very well. We came out strong the next day and played against players like Demon D, Clutch and a few others to finally beat “Under the Influence” for top 8. I had done it! I was in the money! We ended up playing Str8 Rippin for top 6 only to get destroyed. I remember before the series I stood up and asked who T2 was and got the blankest look in the world. I felt so stupid. The tournament was over and it was time to get back home.-------- My parents couldn't believe it and were just in shock that I had done so well. After I got off the plane with Justin I was already making plans to go to the next event in San Diego. Just like before, my parents were against it. The problem this time was that I had to take the ACT's and the only weekend left was the weekend of the tournament. Well, I took it into my own hands and found a place in San Diego where I could take the test. My parents were so impressed that I was becoming so mature so fast and agreed to let me take the exam in California. Justin also talked to my parents and our team decided that Justin would be our coach for the next event. I got online and had heard that Instinct had broken up and Victory had went his separate way. It was uncommon in Halo 2 for teams to split up. At the same time I had heard about a local 4v4 that was coming up and I invited Elamite and his Brother Ace to come LAN with Justin and I. They came and we destroyed everyone at the LAN with ease. I played phenomenal and Elamite took strong notice. He even took Justin aside and told him that if anything ever happened to Str8 Rippin that I would be the first person he looked for. This made my life at the time. Elamite also got online and told Mackeo to pick me up over Hokum, who was Instincts option at the time. Well, things turned out for the best and I was asked to join Instinct. This was a team that had been placing in the top 4. I was now teaming with Roy, Lunchbox, and Mackeo.

Do you have any idea how pumped I was to play?! We worked out a LAN with another pro team at Mackeo’s house before the tournament and I learned a ton about teamwork. I won't lie Mackeo was a great teacher. It was also a bunch of fun and I got a lot more comfortable with my teammates. The best part was I got "Puss N' Boots" to be our coach for that tournament and he had always given me that extra confidence to play my best.-------- San Diego was around the corner and I felt more pressure than ever to prove myself. We got to the event and learned that our first test would be against Final Boss in the Red Bull Lounge as a warm up. We did fairly well, but we knew we had to step up our game to compete. Our first match we won with ease, only to play Classic second round who had gotten second at the last event. We went down 2-0 real quick in the series, I think the Pit Flag game lasted three minutes at most before we got beat. Construct King was the next game and the other team was talking crap trying to get into our heads. Specifically to me. They were saying things like nice pick up Mackeo! It didn't get to me. I went +18 in the next game with two triples. I was just out-skilling everyone and completely changing the momentum. We all started getting into it, yelling and just being all over them. We ended up winning the series 3-2 and just started going nuts. I loved this team.... Until I found out that Mackeo had been talking crap about me to other pros the whole weekend saying he wanted to drop me. We came into Sunday in Winners Bracket to get beat by Str8… then Str8 again in the Finals to get 2nd place. This was the best placing yet for everyone on my team. I felt amazed and was just so proud of my team and myself. I thought we were sticking together for sure.-------- About three weeks after the tournament I was told to get online by Mackeo ten minutes before the pro roster deadline. I was being dropped and Mackeo made Lunchbox do all the talking. Roy didn't even know about it until after it had happened. I was lost. I had five minutes to get a team and didn't know what to do. I was then asked to join Triggers Down alongside SK, Hysteria and FearitSelf. I joined, instantly. We were asked to LAN against Final Boss at the Ogres house, which we accepted. I drove out there with Hysteria and we lanned the whole week before the event. Every series ended 5-6 or 6-5. This was the closest LAN ever. The tournament was next week in Orlando and our team was beyond prepared. We played the event perfectly and I couldn't have played better. We beat every team 3-0, including Instinct who had recently dropped me. Imagine how that felt?? Haha. We were in the finals waiting to see who we were going to play and it ended up being Str8 Rippin. Another shot at the team that beat me. Well, we started off pretty slow and got beat in the series 3-2. Then the series reset into another best of 5. This is where we all stepped it up. I felt the crowd next to me. I was just taking in their intensity and using it for myself. This is the first time I received a Snip3down chant started by NJ Prox, I never wanted it to end. We 3-0'd them pretty quickly in one of my best tournaments ever and all four of us won our first tournament. It was unbelievable to say the least. I felt accepted. I felt like I had earned the respect of all of the people that used to talk down to me in the Halo 2 days. I was on top of the world. It was also the first event I was asked by the other pros to hang out with them on Sunday. They all treated me so nicely congratulating me on our teams placing.

Once again after a good placing team drama started. I was getting team offers from Final Boss and Str8 Rippin after Neighbor had left. My team was uneasy. We complained at each other, didn't really get along and just had differences. I also heard things about getting dropped again. At this same time Neighbor had decided to leave Str8 Rippin after getting second. Like I stated previously, Elamite came right after me. I joined after saying no a few times, only to realize it was the best decision of my Halo career. I had just acquired the Dr. Pepper sponsor and three of the coolest teammates of all time. A day after I joined, Tom “Tsquared” asked me to come out to Syracuse to play with him and just hang out. It really felt like a "Team" and that I was being welcomed. Tom introduced me to his Father as well as his hometown, Syracuse. We went to amusement parks and just started off as friends before teammates I think that was very important in the gelling of this newly formed team. I'm not sure if you all remember, but this same weekend we did all of the Str8 Rippin Initiation videos, which included me getting hazed into wearing a dress. At the end of the weekend Tom gave me one of his Viewsonic monitors to take home with me to practice on. It was a very generous move on his part.-------- We ended up Lanning against Elamite(Kyle) brothers team at Kyle’s house before the tournament in Toronto. It went very well. We won every series and this team just seemed to be on another level at this LAN. The tournament was here and we had an awesome hotel room and it was the first time I had been out of the country. Toronto was one of my favorite tournaments of all time. We started off the tournament strong then we got matched up against the newly formed Final Boss. It was Strongside, Orge 1, Ogre 2 and Neighbor. There was a little trash talk going on before the series between me and Neighbor, which only made me want to win more. We started off the series slow getting down 2-0 only to come back and win the next three games and take the series in dominating fashion. Our team went nuts and I knew my teammates were stoked to take down their former teammate in Neighbor. This momentum stayed with us for the rest of the tournament as we took down Instinct in the finals to win the tournament. I had just become the first player in the history of MLG to win back-to-back tournaments on two separate teams. I was in shock and only wanted more. I started to notice all the newly found respect I was getting from players. I know a lot of them disliked the fact that I was getting a lot of attention, but at the same time respected the player that I had become so quickly. You can hate on someone all you want no matter how good they are, but you have to respect what they bring to the table every time they play. I brought my best every game.

The next tournament was in Dallas, TX and we had the opportunity to LAN against Triggers Down at my house. ESPN was also invited to my house to take video and interviews of each of our teams. Imagine what my parents and the neighbors were thinking when they saw ESPN at my house?! The LAN went great. The best statistic was that Triggers Down beat us every time on Pit Slayer and we beat them every time on Amp Slayer. That becomes important later. Well, the LAN was extremely even the whole time with tempers flaring from time to time. Both our teams went into the tournament very confident, which is why we ended up playing each other in the finals. I think it was one of the best finals Halo has ever seen. It came down to a Pit Slayer game in game 10, the game we had lost to them every time at the LAN. Triggers Down took the lead early on and kept it up the whole time, until I got a sniper rifle near the end. I remember that Legit was completely dominating that game as well. If you want to see the ending there is a video on YouTube called "Snipedown is on Fire". It came down to the end where I made a questionable call after jumping from top turret to training. It ending up with me getting naded and dying, giving them the opportunity to push up on us and capitalize, which they did. We lost. It was devastating at the time, but we all looked at it in the best light possible. It wasn’t nationals, which was the next tournament coming up in Las Vegas.-------- ,000 on the line. You can bet we went as hard as any other team and then some. We were determined. We lanned against Carbon, which had been a team with average placings for most of the season with Ghost, Cpt. Anarchy, Shockwave, and Naded at Legit’s condo in Florida. It was a blast, one of the most fun LAN's I have ever been too and I gained a lot of friendships that weekend.

The tournament came around and well, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas ;) Hahaha… You'll have to get some more of the stories if you ever see me in person, but I'll stick to tournaments in this portion. The tournament started with the All-Star game where I was called onto the stage as being the Old Spice Rising Star for the season and taking home before the tournament even started. Saturday came around and our first series was against Legendz, who we ran over in a 3-0 fashion. A good start to the weekend and that was our only match for the day. The next day we woke up, ate room service and went to the venue. That's when Legit started to feel super sick and we realized he had food poisoning. He was the only person to drink the orange juice that was given to us that morning with the room service. He literally had a trash can next to him the rest of the tournament. We then ended up playing against the team we lanned in Carbon and boy did they improve from event to event. I thought they were the toughest team we played all weekend. We lost the first game, Narrows Flag and game two was Amp TS, one of our best gametypes. Well, it didn’t look so good to start as Carbon had a 10 kill lead for the majority of the game until I started to get really hot and went on a 9 spree to bring us back into it. Most memorable moment of this game was when I spawned Red two, and as most of you know, Amplified spawns weren’t the most consistent. I spawned right into the fire from Shockwave who was red two as well. I dropped front of the base and threw the best boxer grenade you have ever witnessed. I still bring it up to Chris (Shockwave) every once in a while for some laughs as I put the one Br shot into him to finish him off. I ended up killing another person to take the lead and win 50-48. It was nuts. Game 3 was Pit King of the Hill, one of my favorites. This was another nail biter. I was going off with the sniper rifle and ended up with 17 snipe kills and 13 snipe headshots. My best performance with the sniper I would say at any tournament. We had full map control going into the last 30 seconds and I thought for sure we had the win. Unfortunately, Cpt. Anarchy got a great spawn in our courtyard and made a great push to spawn his teammates and take back control to get the win. Honestly, games 4 and 5 are such a blur to me because of how intense this series became, but we pulled out the comeback and got the W progressing us into the Winners Bracket Finals to play against Instinct. We ended up beating them 3-1 in the series in a pretty dominating fashion.

As we awaited the winner of the Carbon vs Instinct series all I could think about was getting my hands back on the controller to play in the Championship Finals. I wanted to play instinct in the finals since we had knocked them out of every tournament I had been on Str8 Rippin and already had the 3-1 lead on them from playing them previously. Well, I got my wish. We got called to the mainstage in what was always one of my favorite parts as Faruq called each of us out individually and I could just feel the crowd’s intensity building inside of me. I was so ready to go. Our whole team knew it was time for us to step up this one last time and take home the honor of being a National Champion, something only a few lucky players have been able to accomplish. Well, this series wasn't much different than the last time we played them as we only had to win 3 games to their 5, giving us an extreme advantage. We ended up going 2-2 giving us the 5-3 lead in the series going into Onslaught Flag. I think our whole team knew this was where we were going to go all out and end the tournament. I wasn't waiting any longer to feel what I had waited all year to accomplish. I just remember as we were running in the last flag to end the tournament I could just hear the crowd getting louder and louder with every flag toss to our base. It was so insane! As we put in the last flag we all just jumped out of our chairs and hugged each other as our emotions flew. I remember each of us throwing our jerseys into the crowd. It just felt like such an amazing dream that I wish I could relive it every day. The most satisfying part of this whole tournament win was that I wouldn't have wanted it with any other players playing beside me. Tom, Kyle and Bryan were my best friends and I had never been so happy to accomplish something like this. In my opinion I don't think there will ever be another team like the 2008-09 Str8 Rippin team and I am so glad to be a part of its success.

Now I can't say my recent placings have been as great as my first year was, but I thought I would share my story with everyone. I hope you all enjoyed and I hope this makes other players come out and tell the community their stories. Don't give up on something you love just because others tell you that you aren't good enough. Use it as motivation! Prove the haters wrong and when you do they will come to respect you. Everyone has a different story, but you are the only person that has the power to change where you are going.-------- "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm".-------- I think my favorite part about rising to the top as fast as I did was all the support I got from the community. I have had at least 100 messages from people telling me that I was their inspiration to play Halo and learn about MLG, which is one of the best compliments I have ever received. Thanks for reading everyone.

Contact Info : twitter.com/EDWSnip3down twitch.tv/Snip3down

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/12pmtd/the_rise_of_snip3down_true_success_is_the_ability/

^pain x factor (envy) was a teammate of mine at one point, he was also crazy toxic and racist so there's that

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know many of those ANZ players, but hey, lets give them some support !

1CzAnmC.png

Voltage at LAN scared the fuck out of me. Dude is massive and jacked but nice af. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

i'm aware but he was known for being good online

he played with very well known content creators

i remember cause i used to play back then

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/12pmtd/the_rise_of_snip3down_true_success_is_the_ability/

^pain x factor (envy) was a teammate of mine at one point, he was also crazy toxic and racist so there's that

I played too and no one considered him a top am. He was just local with that area. Top AM players were players like Brute or soviet. Even guys likke cloud who werent top8 yet but was a top ffa player. Even though top16 was "pro" people viewed it as top8 or bust.

Voltage at LAN scared the fuck out of me. Dude is massive and jacked but nice af. 

photo-27725.jpg?_r=1482629203

IToXl Snipedown was pretty well known. I don't think he was mentioned during events but he definitely was known h2 era..

• Upvote (+1) 1

He joined our throw together team for a few games at an ACL Lan in Melbourne once. That was some fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Add "pausing makes you lag" to the pile of things that we'll never have a clue how it happened.

343 happened.

The people who fucked up aiming in a FPS happened.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ryanoob!

Shows you how stupid this game is. All those kills and its still a struggle to get the flag out of the base. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel like it’s because in Halo you have teammates you can scapegoat and in fighters i mean there’s really no one to blame but yourself if you lose, and there’s a lot less politics in that i would think since you don’t have to look good to anyone there’s a lot less of that “ego”

The ego is acquired differently, and they are handled fairly easily too (money matches)

IToXl Snipedown was pretty well known. I don't think he was mentioned during events but he definitely was known h2 era..

He was super well known to AMs due to the fact he was always in the best pro lobbies.

So with that logic, Scaryotic isn't considered an amateur? If not amateur, what do we call a player who has never attended a major? 

I was using him as an example because of his major leap from obscurity to prominence. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does he hang with the hottest dudes at the chillest restaurants?

• Upvote (+1) 8

"When dismissing the pause menu" is not good wording.

All they had to say was "Added 3-second cool down timer to the pause menu before it can be re-opened to help prevent an exploit" 

The current wording suggests that the current fix blocks the moment you leave the menu, not re-entering the menu

or I'm just crazy and the sentence sucks to me iunno

Idk, i definitely read it as "once the pause menu is opened and closed, it can't be opened again for 3 seconds"

I played too and no one considered him a top am. He was just local with that area. Top AM players were players like Brute or soviet. Even guys likke cloud who werent top8 yet but was a top ffa player. Even though top16 was "pro" people viewed it as top8 or bust.

you're arguing semantics about whether a great player was still considered a great player back in halo 2.... come on now.

What happened to the flag weapon skins. Those still coming out?

Something something, wouldn't be appropriate for the "current climate" something something a bunch of BS.  Didn't you hear that at the next olympics none of the teams are going to be allowed to carry their flags or wear their country colors?  Something about the fear of promoting nationalism

:kappa: but thats about the same level of ridiculousness

• Upvote (+1) 4

You can test this out yourself. Start up a custom and mess around with your sensitivity, get a good feel for how long it takes to do a complete 180. Then go into your start menu and back out, there is a slight increase in speed. 

For every xbox on every server I have felt a different speed. I've kept the same sensitivity for a year. 

Can't wait for it not to be a thing anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can test this out yourself. Start up a custom and mess around with your sensitivity, get a good feel for how long it takes to do a complete 180. Then go into your start menu and back out, there is a slight increase in speed.

For every xbox on every server I have felt a different speed. I've kept the same sensitivity for a year.

Can't wait for it not to be a thing anymore.

You've kept the same sens for a YEAR? Man that's the patience of a Saint right there.
  • Upvote (+1) 4