CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What exploit are they talking about? I had heard that some people have been using start/back to help with spring jumps? Is that it?

God I hope so, especially after they had Jimbo doing a tip video telling people to do just this lmao.

It's a real shame the community has pretty much caused every decent Halo pro to stop streaming. Whether it's the fault of toxicity or sensitive streamers ( I doubt this because Frosty and Lethul are pretty laidback people), it's not good for us at all. If they stop streaming all the Halo we're ever gonna see are tournaments. We're in a pretty good position with a TO, but other than that I can't see much growth because:

• A lack of youtube content
  • A lack of twitch streamers
  • Literally no recent Halo pro has branded themselves
  • The 2ks aren't streamed in any official capacity as far as I know.

Sure, as someone said the root of the problem might be a shitty game, it's still unfortunate to me.

The content ain't fresh dog. 

It's a real shame the community has pretty much caused every decent Halo pro to stop streaming. Whether it's the fault of toxicity or sensitive streamers ( I doubt this because Frosty and Lethul are pretty laidback people), it's not good for us at all. If they stop streaming all the Halo we're ever gonna see are tournaments. We're in a pretty good position with a TO, but other than that I can't see much growth because:

• A lack of youtube content
  • A lack of twitch streamers
  • Literally no recent Halo pro has branded themselves
  • The 2ks aren't streamed in any official capacity as far as I know.
Sure, as someone said the root of the problem might be a shitty game, it's still unfortunate to me.
Lol blaming the community.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think I've seen a player use the Start menu at a tournament once, and that was Snakebite a couple events ago - jumping from basement window on Rig to rail spawn. 

Granted not every match is streamed so maybe more players use it, but how often are you actually in a position where you can take the time/risk to use the Start menu for that jump? I mean even Snakebite in that position basement window easily could have gotten melted (he might have had camo).

Shotzzy can spring jump just as easily as he do a regular jump at this point.

Idk. I guess I don't really know why they took the time to address the 'exploit', and I don't know why they didn't just clarify what exploit they were talking about. 

The patch notes clearly say "pause menu," not the score menu which is brought up by pressing the back button. You can do the spring jump glitch with the back button, and I think that's how most people do the glitch. I wasn't even aware of doing it with the start menu. So I'm not sure this patch is for that. Unless it is, and they just didn't want to cause more problems by not allowing people to see the score menu all the time?

i never suggested that...  :wutface:

what side do you think i'm on, i'm anti toxic behavior FYI

i hate that certain people in the halo community are toxic, they ruin shit for everyone 

frosty ended his stream the other day complaining about his chat being toxic and then he didn't stream the nv-OG scrim last night

I know you're a good dude and I know what you stand for, but don't make excuses for our AMs' shitty attitudes. The only way it has a chance of changing is with public shaming, the most underutilized resource of the last decade.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The patch notes clearly say "pause menu," not the score menu which is brought up by pressing the back button. You can do the spring jump glitch with the back button, and I think that's how most people do the glitch. I wasn't even aware of doing it with the start menu. So I'm not sure this patch is for that. Unless it is, and they just didn't want to cause more problems by not allowing people to see the score menu all the time?

https://youtu.be/-UhmSoqZA4M?t=5m12s

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ahh, ok. Yeah, that looks to be the same functionality as the back menu use for spring jumping. So I'm not sure why the back menu wouldn't also be patched here, since you can still do the "exploit." Other than them being afraid to remove the ability to quickly and consistently see the score menu to look for spawn x's, etc. But again, you can still do the "exploit." 

Next week's patch notes:

'Back button exploit fixed'

Next week's patch notes:

'Back button exploit fixed'

"Start menu glitch which caused kills to be deaths and deaths to be kills patched"

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's to fix spamming start so people don't lag around everywhere. I don't know what the fuck it means though. Do we get locked in a limbo like state after hitting pause, or just have a pause button cooldown?

It's worded really well. 

• Added 3-second cool down timer when dismissing the pause menu before it can be re-opened in order to prevent an exploit

when dismissing before it can be re-opened. Press start, press b, can't press start for 3 seconds. Hope it fixes the issue.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's to fix spamming start so people don't lag around everywhere. I don't know what the fuck it means though. Do we get locked in a limbo like state after hitting pause, or just have a pause button cooldown?

Is this the rubber-banding thing I keep hearing about?

It's worded really well. 

• Added 3-second cool down timer when dismissing the pause menu before it can be re-opened in order to prevent an exploit

when dismissing before it can be re-opened. Press start, press b, can't press start for 3 seconds. Hope it fixes the issue.

"When dismissing the pause menu" is not good wording.

All they had to say was "Added 3-second cool down timer to the pause menu before it can be re-opened to help prevent an exploit" 

The current wording suggests that the current fix blocks the moment you leave the menu, not re-entering the menu

or I'm just crazy and the sentence sucks to me iunno

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait so are we saying that currently spamming start causes OTHER players to lag?

No, if you spam start you literally start glitching around everywhere, especially when falling down.

• Upvote (+1) 5

No, if you spam start you literally start glitching around everywhere, especially when falling down.

So people have been intentionally spamming start to be harder to hit?