CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel like it’s because in Halo you have teammates you can scapegoat and in fighters i mean there’s really no one to blame but yourself if you lose, and there’s a lot less politics in that i would think since you don’t have to look good to anyone there’s a lot less of that “ego”

I think it's also because competitive gamers in the fighting community use a mindset that is more uncommon in the rest of the esports community. That mindset is that 99.9% of the time it's my fault for my death/loss, not the games.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Honestly a little bummed Snakebite fell of the map content-wise. He was going pretty solid there for a couple weeks when he first moved to Texas. Not really sure what he has been up to as of late.

Same but I'm guessing he is just putting all of his time and energy into winning worlds right now.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah well the FGC has never had LAN stripped from them or had to use a Halo 3 Battle Rifle. 

I like your point though.  ;)

I really think if the netcode for H2/H3/Reach hadn't actually been amazingly awful we'd have a lot less of the complaining types. The H3 BR made sense on LAN and I really can't think of a time it screwed me over. Bloom was just awful no way around that. For some reason we all forget how shots just didn't work off host in H2. Its kinda weird how we spent almost all of our time in the first ~10 years playing games where our bullets just didn't work pretty regularly

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think we derailed too much from the main topic.

Ninja can finally make 12k a year now that he has 110k subscribers on Twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What about leffen? what about all the melee vs 4 drama? what about idra? toxic players and egos exist in every scene, it's not wise to say "all smash AMs are respectful" because that's not reality

every community is a spectrum of people

the halo community has plenty of AMs who aren't toxic

Leffen and IdrA aren't AMs ...?   and the heel thing is (was, for IdrA) also an act for both of them, they're actually pretty chill overall

have you talked to AMs at a Smash event?  chillest people on earth.  the ratio of toxic to non-toxic amateur players in the Halo scene seems very high imo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Leffen and IdrA aren't AMs ...?   and the heel thing is (was, for IdrA) also an act for both of them, they're actually pretty chill overall

have you talked to AMs at a Smash event?  chillest people on earth.  the ratio of toxic to non-toxic amateur players in the Halo scene seems very high imo

I've been to several and it's honestly quite jarring. Shout out to Smashers.

Leffen and IdrA aren't AMs ...?

really? :kappa:

and the heel thing is (was, for IdrA) also an act for both of them, they're actually pretty chill overall

oh okay, so it's acceptable to be toxic and shitty when it's just an act

have you talked to AMs at a Smash event?  chillest people on earth.

i'm not saying they aren't but my point was no community is perfect, no one gets sexually assaulted at our events for instance 

really? :kappa:

oh okay, so it's acceptable to be toxic and shitty when it's just an act

i'm not saying they aren't but my point was no community is perfect, no one gets sexually assaulted at our events for instance

Gee wiz that wouldn’t be setting the bar a little low, would it?

No community is perfect, so let’s not use any introspection or try to better ourselves. I love that logic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gee wiz that wouldn’t be setting the bar a little low, would it?

No community is perfect, so let’s not use any introspection or try to better ourselves. I love that logic.

i never suggested that...  :wutface:

what side do you think i'm on, i'm anti toxic behavior FYI

i hate that certain people in the halo community are toxic, they ruin shit for everyone 

frosty ended his stream the other day complaining about his chat being toxic and then he didn't stream the nv-OG scrim last night

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most of the time, people are way more fucking chill in person than they are via the internet.  Its right in my sig so it must be true  :simms:

Some people are just insufferable douches all the time though.  

And I’m just still sitting here waiting for Moses’s toxic ESL letter.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hope they don't overdo it with these rifle buffs. It was nice to play for a while without the risk of dying to someone just because they had a better rifle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

frosty ended his stream the other day complaining about his chat being toxic and then he didn't stream the nv-OG scrim last night

he clearly just needs to nut up and play more halo ce

It's a real shame the community has pretty much caused every decent Halo pro to stop streaming. Whether it's the fault of toxicity or sensitive streamers ( I doubt this because Frosty and Lethul are pretty laidback people), it's not good for us at all. If they stop streaming all the Halo we're ever gonna see are tournaments. We're in a pretty good position with a TO, but other than that I can't see much growth because:

• A lack of youtube content
  • A lack of twitch streamers
  • Literally no recent Halo pro has branded themselves
  • The 2ks aren't streamed in any official capacity as far as I know.

Sure, as someone said the root of the problem might be a shitty game, it's still unfortunate to me.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Patch notes for the hotfix and weapon tuning tomorrow.

What we already knew for the tuning of the BR, DMR, and carbine, plus details on storm rifle and plasma rifle tuning. Also, Oddball spawn logic changes to make it harder to spawn near oddball.

But most interestingly, this: "Added 3-second cool down timer when dismissing the pause menu before it can be re-opened in order to prevent an exploit."

Are they fucking serious? How is pressing start an exploit? It doesnt work anymore

But most interestingly, this: "Added 3-second cool down timer when dismissing the pause menu before it can be re-opened in order to prevent an exploit."

Please tell me there's some exploit unrelated to aiming that they were trying to fix...

Are they fucking serious? How is pressing start an exploit? It doesnt work anymore

What exploit are they talking about? I had heard that some people have been using start/back to help with spring jumps? Is that it?