CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What do you guys think it is that makes Halo AMs have such a pronounced ego? Part of me thinks its just the "culture" that the game has developed over the years.

Maybe inconsistent gameplay means inconsistent teams. Maybe lack of clear direction for the franchise has meant a lack of clear direction in the AM teams that form.

Maybe these links I'm making are conjecture bullshit and I'm just forcing things to connect with my personal view.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some top quality matchmaking in the HaloWC playlist:

44c25c4e-c395-44be-9682-43d462aa86ee.PNG

(Not pictured is me going 5 and 18...)

lol just adapt, git gud, or gtfo. noob.

World champs. Where you'll get all kinds of Halo week after week. I cannot complain. Sydney should be an interesting watch

I do not notice heavy aim at all anymore.  Aiming is consistent from game to game but... it still feels just weird.  If halo is all i am playing its fine, i stop noticing eventually, but if i play ANY OTHER shooter then come back its very off-putting.  That playlist would be 100% better if they upped the movement speed 10% and reduced the nade damage/radius 10% and removed the shitty gametypes.

I just dont understand.

Why do we have Snipers and Shotty Snipers at the same time? and why is one ranked?

Why is there both TA and HCS??

3 Variations of firefight???

Griffball????

They need to make like Stargate Atlantis and perform a serious culling

+1 rep for SG Atlantis mention.  Loved that show.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys think it is that makes Halo AMs have such a pronounced ego? Part of me thinks its just the "culture" that the game has developed over the years.

We have a smaller competitive community so there's less opportunity for them to be drowned out. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

+1 rep for SG Atlantis mention. Loved that show.

Jason Momoa fans before it was cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wished I still had my free upgrade to Windows 10 because I'm still on Windows 7 because if the next Halo comes out of PC it will be a Windows 10 exclusive.

1. Back up your stuffs

2. Get 8GB Flashdrive

3. Download the windows 10 media creation tool iso to it by using this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

4. Install Windows 10

5. Use the key you used for Windows 7 to activate Windows 10. If you don't "have" it, use a free software like Belarc to pull the key.

6. ???

7. Profit.

2pDAOFP.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

https://twitter.com/Spartan/status/970881636236775435

Two sweet Halo events in one weekend is gonna be great. Teams sent to worlds down under, teams getting dollar & practice up north. 

Spartan!  :walshy:

Maybe inconsistent gameplay means inconsistent teams. Maybe lack of clear direction for the franchise has meant a lack of clear direction in the AM teams that form.

Maybe these links I'm making are conjecture bullshit and I'm just forcing things to connect with my personal view.

LOL

But seriously, Formal was once an AM. Snipedown too. I might go as far as to say their confidence and belief in themselves were the thing that helped develop them into the legends that they became. Some AMs are so arrogant they never learn and nobody with a half a brain wants to team with them but there are a lot who grow into fundamental players that can hang with the best they just never land on teams capable of breaking the mold. At the end of the day it's about politics and how you handle your business. Phone calls and shady deals still rule.

young age, insecurity, and immaturity 

it's also just the nature of competitive endeavors 

I dunno man, I've followed a lot of esports over the years and Halo AMs are really amazingly douchey.  Smash AMs, Brood War / SC2 AMs, etc., are respectful and normal.  I think it's just that a certain type of personality is drawn to FPS games, a relatively less nerdy/introverted group?  I dunno

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno man, I've followed a lot of esports over the years and Halo AMs are really amazingly douchey.  Smash AMs, Brood War / SC2 AMs, etc., are respectful and normal.  I think it's just that a certain type of personality is drawn to FPS games, a relatively less nerdy/introverted group?  I dunno

Yeah, you're right. Every single fighter AM I've met has been super humble and accommodating. Then again, I have experienced the same from some AMs in the FPS world too. Maybe it's just the fact we are actually INSIDE the Halo AM community that distorts our perspective?

I'm kinda not digging using the AM title anymore. I'm going to use "Competitors-With-Not-Enough-PP".

Yeah, you're right. Every single fighter AM I've met has been super humble and accommodating. Then again, I have experienced the same from some AMs in the FPS world too. Maybe it's just the fact we are actually INSIDE the Halo AM community that distorts our perspective?

I'm kinda not digging using the AM title anymore. I'm going to use "Competitors-With-Not-Enough-PP".

TBH I think it's just team games. I have a lot of friends with fighting game backgrounds who dabbled in H5 competitively and it was ultimately the stress of finding teams, inevitably getting dropped or having the team breakup, and then starting over from square one that pushed them out of it. You have to have quite a bit of confidence in yourself to not see losing a team as a sign that you aren't good enough.

• Upvote (+1) 5

TBH I think it's just team games. I have a lot of friends with fighting game backgrounds who dabbled in H5 competitively and it was ultimately the stress of finding teams, inevitably getting dropped or having the team breakup, and then starting over from square one that pushed them out of it. You have to have quite a bit of confidence in yourself to not see losing a team as a sign that you aren't good enough.

Another great angle to look at, it must be nice to only have to worry about your own self improvement, attendance, funding and dedication.

What about leffen? what about all the melee vs 4 drama? what about idra? toxic players and egos exist in every scene, it's not wise to say "all smash AMs are respectful" because that's not reality

every community is a spectrum of people

the halo community has plenty of AMs who aren't toxic

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just booked my flights and hotel for Seattle.  :intensifies:

When you arriving?

When you arriving?

My plane should be getting into Seattle at just before 4pm on Thursday.

I feel like it’s because in Halo you have teammates you can scapegoat and in fighters i mean there’s really no one to blame but yourself if you lose, and there’s a lot less politics in that i would think since you don’t have to look good to anyone there’s a lot less of that “ego”

• Upvote (+1) 9

My plane should be getting into Seattle at just before 4pm on Thursday.

lmao we're on the same flight

• Upvote (+1) 3