CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That number would probably fly another rocket to Mars's orbit.

Newell was worth 4.1 billion as of last year, based off his ownership of roughly half of Valve.

Chump change compared to some of the Amazon and Disney purchases recently.  (Disney/Fox acquisition proposal involved 52.4 billion.)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Newell was worth 4.1 billion as of last year, based off his ownership of roughly half of Valve.

Chump change compared to some of the Amazon and Disney purchases recently. (Disney/Fox acquisition proposal involved 52.4 billion.)

And he's estimated 5.5B today, but figuring out Valve's net worth is glhf anything you say will probably be way off.

Some top quality matchmaking in the HaloWC playlist:

44c25c4e-c395-44be-9682-43d462aa86ee.PNG

(Not pictured is me going 5 and 18...)

Looking at the stats on halo5arena, the kill difference was only by 3, the game lasted over 10mins, and the score was 3-2. Pretty close to a 50/50 matchup.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Looking at the stats on halo5arena, the kill difference was only by 3, the game lasted over 10mins, and the score was 3-2. Pretty close to a 50/50 matchup.

Keep in mind they arent trying that hard. If you hear their comms when they are playing MM together they are messing around.

Well that's probably because they paired 3 of the best players in Europe with me.

I can only drag them down so far.

In all honesty I'm not really complaining that much. I quite enjoy playing with really good players, it's a good learning experience.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well that's probably because they paired 3 of the best players in Europe with me.

I can only drag them down so far.

In all honesty I'm not really complaining that much. I quite enjoy playing with really good players, it's a good learning experience.

That's actually a pretty great example of toxic matchmaking. Its mathematically a close game but that's only because three of them are some of the best players in Europe. Its a learning experience for the worst player but what about the players on the team that are so good they balance it out? If they're taking it seriously they're probably losing their mind watching their teammates. That's pretty much the reason I hate MM systems that will do things like To4 Diamonds vs 3 random golds and an Onyx player. Sure the game might be close but the system is really creating an unfun experience for the one player that's significantly better than everyone else in the lobby

• Upvote (+1) 4

Some top quality matchmaking in the HaloWC playlist:

44c25c4e-c395-44be-9682-43d462aa86ee.PNG

(Not pictured is me going 5 and 18...)

welcome to the big leagues

• Upvote (+1) 2

Having so much fun playing the H3 playlist.  This is how Halo should be played.  Please 343, for the sake of Halo, return to your roots.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's actually a pretty great example of toxic matchmaking. Its mathematically a close game but that's only because three of them are some of the best players in Europe. Its a learning experience for the worst player but what about the players on the team that are so good they balance it out? If they're taking it seriously they're probably losing their mind watching their teammates. That's pretty much the reason I hate MM systems that will do things like To4 Diamonds vs 3 random golds and an Onyx player. Sure the game might be close but the system is really creating an unfun experience for the one player that's significantly better than everyone else in the lobby

Its not though.  The only reason a matchmaker would be set to allow skill gaps that wide would be because there just aren't enough people in the list to get matches otherwise.  They have tried having it stricter, and it led to people getting "unable to match" messages on a loop.

If we are going to critique this shit like we should, we have to blame the right things.  This issue isn't toxic matchmaking, it's from a shitty population and too many overlapping/redundant playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Having so much fun playing the H3 playlist. This is how Halo should be played. Please 343, for the sake of Halo, return to your roots.

Careful. This looks like you’re telling 343 to return to their roots, and their roots = Halo 4.

Then again, I could really go for some infinity slayer DMR starts on Complex without descope

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its not though.  The only reason a matchmaker would be set to allow skill gaps that wide would be because there just aren't enough people in the list to get matches otherwise.  They have tried having it stricter, and it led to people getting "unable to match" messages on a loop.

If we are going to critique this shit like we should, we have to blame the right things.  This issue isn't toxic matchmaking, it's from a shitty population and too many overlapping/redundant playlists.

If we're really trying to find one thing to blame for all of these issues it would probably be "Halo 5 isn't a good enough game to have a healthy population" if we keep following that logic. Healthy being defined as not having to create large gaps between individual player skill in ranked MM games

I think match wait times vs enjoyable matches is a talk worth having and I imagine they go over that a lot over at 343 but no matter what they do it sucks for someone. The real fix would be to make a game that attracts a larger population so the symptoms of not having a large community disappear

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys think it is that makes Halo AMs have such a pronounced ego? Part of me thinks its just the "culture" that the game has developed over the years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys think it is that makes Halo AMs have such a pronounced ego? Part of me thinks its just the "culture" that the game has developed over the years.

young age, insecurity, and immaturity 

it's also just the nature of competitive endeavors 

OG beat nV 7-5 http://www.halodatahive.com/Scrim/Summary/3442

• Upvote (+1) 1