CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All I'm saying is sometimes you have to grind through the sour to get to the sweet.

No I mean it's good thing even you popped up to show you still care.

A FPS Halo Battle Royal :thinking:

I could get behind it, but it would need to be released on PC as well as console.

I think it is completely fair to assume that the next Halo(whatever it turns out to be) WILL also be for PC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always felt like Spartan and Snipedown were some of the strongest online players. Royal 2 and Frosty don't seem to bring the same fire they are capable of at events. Then again, it could simply be REC was outperforming them and really pushing the envelope trying to improve. The closer we get to Columbus and Worlds, the more and more these players are going to put in the necessary time. I played Mikwen a couple of games in H3 Throwback and he is a devil to play against. 

You picked the two Optic members which I feel are the most consistent on Optic online(and offline atm,) not been that impressed by Lethul and Snakebite since Denver except for their LB run at Orlando when those two finally looked to get back in form. The latest OG - Rec scrim pretty much follows in line for their scrims pre-Orlando; Rec takes the majority of the flags, Optic majority of the SHs and Slayers are like always a coin toss. Haven't really watched any scrims since Orlando, but just looking statswise the biggest difference for Rec now as opposed to before and at Orlando is that Spartan's K/D has gotten much better, if that's a result of Rec having gotten better as a team or him individually I cannot answer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it is completely fair to assume that the next Halo(whatever it turns out to be) WILL also be for PC.

I wished I still had my free upgrade to Windows 10 because I'm still on Windows 7 because if the next Halo comes out of PC it will be a Windows 10 exclusive.

If Halo comes to pc.....which tbh I doubt because Halo sells Xboxes, then we may have the potential to grow significantly. Filp side. We won't be talking about the same pro players we do today. Most of them, if not all

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys think about a collection of reach, h4 and h5 while we wait for h6?

68YJyGA.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Halo comes to pc.....which tbh I doubt because Halo sells Xboxes, then we may have the potential to grow significantly. Filp side. We won't be talking about the same pro players we do today. Most of them, if not all

Even if H6 comes out on Pc, HCS will stay on Xbox

Edit : maybe they would run some side PC tournaments to see how successful it would be.

Even if H6 comes out on Pc, HCS will stay on Xbox.

Im inclined to agree with this, Halo is pretty much the flagship xbox esport so it would be a strange decision to move the 'sanctioned events' away from it.  It would be quite interesting to see some tourneys played by PC players though to see how different things might be.

Is the Halo 3 playlist fun? 

it's not perfect but it's a lot of fun playing halo without having to sprint/clamber/slide/thrust/etc/etc/etc

• Upvote (+1) 3

it's not perfect but it's a lot of fun playing halo without having to sprint/clamber/slide/thrust/etc/etc/etc

Just got done playing a game of it after not playing Halo 5 for 10+ months. It actually felt good to play without all those SA's, but good lord the aiming in Halo 5 feels like shit.

• Upvote (+1) 6

New Menke update.

Josh has be doing gods work with feedback but my main issue is that we don't actually see any changes to playlists, just a ranking update each time, nothing feels like its progressing on the playlist front.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just got done playing a game of it after not playing Halo 5 for 10+ months. It actually felt good to play without all those SA's, but good lord the aiming in Halo 5 feels like shit.

I do not notice heavy aim at all anymore.  Aiming is consistent from game to game but... it still feels just weird.  If halo is all i am playing its fine, i stop noticing eventually, but if i play ANY OTHER shooter then come back its very off-putting.  That playlist would be 100% better if they upped the movement speed 10% and reduced the nade damage/radius 10% and removed the shitty gametypes.

Josh has be doing gods work with feedback but my main issue is that we don't actually see any changes to playlists, just a ranking update each time, nothing feels like its progressing on the playlist front.

I just dont understand.

Why do we have Snipers and Shotty Snipers at the same time? and why is one ranked?

Why is there both TA and HCS??

3 Variations of firefight???

Griffball????

They need to make like Stargate Atlantis and perform a serious culling

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It doesn't need to be drastic changes to the playlists either. Reducing the ammo in power weapons by a clip (like has been done in the HCS playlist) and replacing the energy sword with the relic sword would be a great start. 

It just feels to me like development on Arena itself stopped a long time ago. Quinn wanted to do something big for the 4K update but it didn't pan out as expected, it seems, and now we're left in limbo.

Josh is a smart guy, I doubt he actually wants to juggle 20+ different playlists.

I wonder if this is the final state of Halo 5.

I'm kind of hoping they don't make Halo 6 on PC, and Installation 01 just comes out really good and becomes THE PC Halo. Wouldn't want it to get overshadowed by whatever 343 puts out, especially since it probably won't be classic Halo.

I'm kind of hoping they don't make Halo 6 on PC, and Installation 01 just comes out really good and becomes THE PC Halo. Wouldn't want it to get overshadowed by whatever 343 puts out, especially since it probably won't be classic Halo.

Halo 6 on PC is fucked before its even announced because it will only be available on the Windows Store and the Windows Store is hot shit for trying to play games and no one uses it, so it will never have a good population.

Halo on PC will only work if its on Steam so it gets the exposure and population required to make it enjoyable.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 6 on PC is fucked before its even announced because it will only be available on the Windows Store and the Windows Store is hot shit for trying to play games and no one uses it, so it will never have a good population.

Halo on PC will only work if its on Steam so it gets the exposure and population required to make it enjoyable.

That is why Microsoft is going to buy Valve.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo will come to PC. It is a Microsft Studio published game and all of those are mandated "Play Anywhere" and now included under Game Pass.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That is why Microsoft is going to buy Valve.

HAHA i read a rumor about that.  That would be bonkers and so expensive.  Highly doubtful Gabe would be down with that.

HAHA i read a rumor about that. That would be bonkers and so expensive. Highly doubtful Gabe would be down with that.

That number would probably fly another rocket to Mars's orbit.