CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Oddball is cool.

I can see it replacing maps such as Eden Slayer/Empire Strongholds for example under the right settings.

My only really big gripe is a lack of play ball if the ball is thrown off the map. It just instantly respawns which is pretty cheese and would need fixed.

Apart from that, it would need some testing, but I hope it gets in.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lunchbox gonna pull an Ogre 2 and win the last 3 Halo 5 events.  :walshy:

QFT. I came into the scene during the God Squad, best of luck to Roy and whomever comprises Lunch's team. This duo Has been one of the greatest...

RIP CLG, LBX is in town  :apg:

Roy hesitated when he was asked if he would come back if Halo 6 went back to the original formula.  Went on to rip H4 and H5 saying they "aren't Halo".  He basically echoed our sentiments.  Here's to hoping H6 returns to its roots and our boy returns.

I was going to point that out too. He hesitated every time Tow asked him that. Ive never wanted old school Halo back more than I have now just to see our boy back.

Where did that happen?

In the up to speed video. 

https://youtu.be/AeJBz-0aCzA?t=14m39s

He doesnt really bash H5. He just says it isnt Halo to him and what he fell in love with and that its been like that for him since Reach. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So who is going to NV since Huke is more than likely going back to cod.

I'm still predicting a Snip3down or Mikwen departure from nV because those two did not look like they wanted to team with each other at Denver.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Obviously a matter of opinion, but Lethul was the best player in Halo for basically all of H2A and the first 6 or so months of H5. On top of that he was a freak in Reach, respectable in H3 and has won more money playing Halo than anyone else (I could be wrong, but I think that's true).

I can't really argue with the Reach through 5 argument (although I think best player is a bit of a strech), but Lethul was absolutely irrelevant to H3. Maybe he was a god online or in the combines, but in this context that really means nothing.

How do you figure he wasn't top 5 in H2A? That's pretty ridiculous; and on top of all of that when H2A was over he was head and shoulders above everyone else all summer/fall during H3 $8s on MCC. There was no one better at 4s in any Halo during 2015.

I don't have hard evidence apart from his success over that time period, but I watched him play Halo almost every day and it was pretty obvious to me that he was Top 1.

The best 5 players were, in no order

Roybox

Snipedown

Apg (if hes not in your h2a top5, your top5 is wrong)

Royal 2

I never considered lethul to be on those guy level skillwise in h2a, let alone considered him the best. He was a great gap filler

Fwiw, i think eg would have won events with ola too. Tthey were slaying clg heavily at that event. They would have figured it out

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I never considered lethul to be on those guy level skillwise in h2a, let alone considered him the best. He was a great gap filler

This is like saying Ogre 2 doesn't belong on a top 10 list based off his H3/Reach gameplay.

Game sense is an important part of rating players.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The best 5 players were, in no order

Roybox

Snipedown

Apg (if hes not in your h2a top5, your top5 is wrong)

Royal 2

Fwiw, i think eg would have won events with ola too. Tthey were slaying clg heavily at that event. They would have figured it out

Smh you can't be Top 5 and lose to the Sudds.

Idek how you can put those people as top 5 when they all had teammates that did just as much as them. And even some standouts on lower seeded teams. To have APG as the defining person to make your Top 5 "right" honestly makes your top 5 more wrong than anything lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is like saying Ogre 2 doesn't belong on a top 10 list based off his H3/Reach gameplay.

"He played his part to dominate every event but he can't be that good"

Smh you can't be Top 5 and lose to the Sudds.

Idek how you can put those people as top 5 when they all had teammates that did just as much as them. And even some standouts on lower seeded teams. To have APG as the defining person to make your Top 5 "right" honestly makes your top 5 more wrong than anything lmao.

No it doesnt. The top3 is inarguable, and no one qould say otherwise. Royal2 is the most debatable because of his style, but he was the most consistent memeber if clg. People just forget or dont realize how good Apg was. He was always underrated. Unquestionably top5

Top10, sure. Top5/6? No he doesnt. 2gres style in h3/h2a was heavily dependent on the slayers he played with. He was no longer mechanically able to slay and take over games like he did in h2. It's why he changed his style to that flank/obj stuff. He barely could wiin 1v1s in h2a. Put him on winterfox does he push the needle? No. Denial? No. Replace him on clg and do they get better? I would favor yes.

Theres no lack of game sense among the players i listed. They were just more capable of doing other things. Success isnt always the main factor in ranking skill.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Walshy was irrelevant after 2007? 1 tournament win, 2nd at 08 nationals, 3rd at 09 nationals, 3 other 2nd place finishes and 1 3rd place.

Walshy should definitely be above Ogre1

sure, but this overlooks the fact that Walshy was the worst player on every one of those teams

The crowd for LoL worlds is unreal. Over 280k on twitch too

Edit: 335k. Whats the most watched esport event?

Over a million for one of the dota TIs

• Upvote (+1) 7

Depends if you count Chinese stream numbers. Excluding Chinese stream the highest single channel viewers is iirc the Eleague Major near the start of this year with just over 1mil concurrent (~1.7mil total including other language streams and in game, over 2mil if you count TV viewers). LoL Worlds with all the different channels is getting to around 900k on Twitch which is kind of more what you'd expect.

Speaking of viewers, Overwatch World Cup went over ~250k last night. Respect to Blizz for the things they've implemented, great start changing the spectator side of things.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I dont know what world has walshy and ogre 1 so low on this list but it isnt a world i want to be a part of. What people forget about the ogrea and walshy is that they were a part of what built all of this and everyone's goal was to get to their level and beat final boss. It was halo's first dynasty and the yardstick by which every other team will be measured

Well at this point anyone over Ogre 1 and Walsh have had longer careers than both of them. Snipedown has had a better career than ogre 1 and is just as skilled as ogre 1 and more skilled than Walsh.

Lethul has also the most polished career of anyone the last 4 years. Snipedown a close 2nd. It’s not crazy they are ranked above them

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. Ogre 2

2. Walshy

3. Ogre 1

4. Pistola

5. Snip3down

6. Lethul

7. Roy

8. Lunchbox

9. Snakebite

10. Royal 2

IMO Ogre 1/Walshy is 2a/2b. Ola/Snipedown is similar with Snipedown having more wins but Ola having higher quality wins with half of his being in H3/Reach MLG events. Roybox is also super close, do you value Roy's 1 extra AGL win over Lunchbox being pretty much unanimously the overall best player in H2A? That's a tough one but my heart says LBX. I'm also really curious where guys like Frosty/Saiyan/KillerN/Formal would fall if they had anywhere near the career length as some of the guys on that list.

So, Ola > Snip3down due to "higher quality(H3/Reach MLG events) wins", but Lethul over Roybox because screw the "higher quality(H3/Reach MLG events) wins"?

Also, Ola/Snip3down > Ogre 1/Walshy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Over a million for one of the dota TIs

The most recent CSGO major hosted by PGL had over 500k viewers at one point on Twitch.

Well at this point anyone over Ogre 1 and Walsh have had longer careers than both of them. Snipedown has had a better career than ogre 1 and is just as skilled as ogre 1 and more skilled than Walsh.

Lethul has also the most polished career of anyone the last 4 years. Snipedown a close 2nd. It’s not crazy they are ranked above them

Hard to say a player who barely played against the other is better. What's your criteria for being better? I don't have the numbers but I'd guess Ogre 1 won more LAN championships and has a higher win percentage. Same with Walshy.

with EG leaving the scene, I wonder how long it will be before Liquid leave?

Why would they leave if they're consistently placing top 4?

I'm still predicting a Snip3down or Mikwen departure from nV because those two did not look like they wanted to team with each other at Denver.

But the 2 events prior and the last pro league they were fine...

EVERYBODY on that team wasn't on the same page/didn't have fire in their eyes at Denver. Not sure why but it wasn't specific to those 2.  With Huke leaving and a little break, they have time to get back to top 2 level again provided the pickup for Huke is solid.

Damn those were some awesome but sad videos by Towey. Dat TJ and Roy hug :(

I haven't been following the scene for the past couple of months so any ideas for who Lunch could be teaming with? Any chance he'll reunite with Ola?