CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I miss the old Forge just because it was so simple and smooth enough for me and my friends to just fly around messing around in. But I understand that it's more beneficial for the game for Forge to be designed for actual map makers and not for me and my friends to more easily throw Scorpions at each other.

Maybe in the next game they could have a basic and an advanced mode or something.

I think forge is just kind of going nowhere in Halo atm. It sort of made sense when it was restricted to console but now that Halo 5 forge is on PC its kind of just silly. It should be a real mapmaker/editor that can import maps to console from PC. That would actually be useful and helpful in the sense that we would get real quality maps without having to play with legos and drop frames everywhere and it would also let creative people do about a million percent more than they can currently. Forge on a basic level is just a really shitty map editor that made sense in the context of Halo 3 and being restricted to console

• Downvote (-1) 2

H3 playlist just further confirms my conspiracy theory that H3A is coming out before H6. I understand if you don’t agree thiough. I wouldn’t expect someone who doesn’t have an above average IQ of 112 to see the silver linings.

• Upvote (+1) 4

H3 playlist just further confirms my conspiracy theory that H3A is coming out before H6. I understand if you don’t agree thiough. I wouldn’t expect someone who doesn’t have an above average IQ of 112 to see the silver linings.

I gave up hope. But the question of the next Halo game is very up in the air to me. It would be really surprising for 343 to abandon the 3 year release cycle for mainline Halo games but it looks like that's what is happening given that we have no trailer for Halo 6 yet. I'm expecting some sort of spinoff game this year, I have no idea what form that could take though... Halo Battle Royale is my guess currently. If there is one consistent thing about 343 it is that they love trends. That's not to say it's a bad idea though.

I adore H5's Forge, and do think it's best overall. That being said, I'm also a fan of H2A's criminally underused iteration of it as well.

*coughbiasedcough*

Kappa

i still feel horrible for tweeting pictures of the venue that went on to spread around :(

Someone needed to report of the disaster....for history purposes.

Can we lower the H2 BR magnetism by like a lot, and then use it in the H3 playlist?

This^^^^

Who all went to their local MS store event today and how did you guys do?

I blew the last game of finals like a chump, and two people tied for first which knocked me from first place to second. If one of the guys who tied didn't get one more kill at the end I would have taken first.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can we lower the H2 BR magnetism by like a lot, and then use it in the H3 playlist?

343 really nailed the H3 experience by mimicking H3's trash BR w/ H5's Trash BR  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Considering people talk about Cod & gears events on here when they're going on...

So nice to see Fnatic win their first one in two years, Señor VAC is bac.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Considering people talk about Cod & gears events on here when they're going on...

So nice to see Fnatic win their first one in two years, Señor VAC is bac.

Flusha isn't human. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The H2 BR in this game is the closest thing to the Halo 3 BR, mostly just because of the SOUND. I miss shooting guns that sounded like they were actually guns instead of high-powered peanut shooters or typewriters.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Flusha isn't human.

He is, it's that Swedish blood. :)

38-9-17 on train to close the series out... Pure dominance.

The H2 BR in this game is the closest thing to the Halo 3 BR, mostly just because of the SOUND. I miss shooting guns that sounded like they were actually guns instead of high-powered peanut shooters or typewriters.

Yeah the H2 BR sounds good in Halo 5, its just a shame it was made so easy to use.

EDIT: From Reddit. If 343 dont do this then it only means they are adding a BR mode in H6  :kappa:

q70z10vu3sj01.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

It seems that so much of what's left of Halo's player-base doesn't really know how to play even a classic-resembling game-type  . So many 3-20 kinda stat lines in this playlist. So many people step so far out of cover, like they have the expectation that they can thrust back lol.

Not very out of the ordinary. Its just being familiar with something and it being completely changed.

People were like this with NBNS Reach. They thought the NB DMR "killed too quickly" and some other stuff I don't remember. But they were just used to the shitty bloom and being able to do dumb things and get away with it.

This actually makes a lot of sense considering how many job openings 343 has for key positions. All you here is that current 343 is busy working on MCC - yeah like adding H3A to it  :simms:

I blew the last game of finals like a chump, and two people tied for first which knocked me from first place to second. If one of the guys who tied didn't get one more kill at the end I would have taken first.

Got shit on - I grinded to champ in Slayer and Arena a year or so ago and played religiously but I haven't played H5 in months except for this weekend leading up to today, couldn't never find the right sens to play on (go figure). I know it has been said 1,000 times here but holy hell never in the history of an FPS has a game had such fucked up aiming that you need to be grinding at least 5 hours a day 5 days a week in order to play at a higher level than average. 

edit - props to microsoft though, it was fun and well run - the app was crashing though. Too bad the game is just not fun anymore - 3 years with no content and fucked up aiming and network connections

• Upvote (+1) 3

This actually makes a lot of sense considering how many job openings 343 has for key positions. All you here is that current 343 is busy working on MCC - yeah like adding H3A to it :simms:

Got shit on - I grinded to champ in Slayer and Arena a year or so ago and played religiously but I haven't played H5 in months except for this weekend leading up to today, couldn't never find the right sens to play on (go figure). I know it has been said 1,000 times here but holy hell never in the history of an FPS has a game had such fucked up aiming that you need to be grinding at least 5 hours a day 5 days a week in order to play at a higher level than average.

edit - props to microsoft though, it was fun and well run - the app was crashing though. Too bad the game is just not fun anymore - 3 years with no content and fucked up aiming and network connections

I have been playing halo 2 classic the last month or so and I get on halo 5 and I can even aim anymore. Take one day off it sets you back weeks I swear

This actually makes a lot of sense considering how many job openings 343 has for key positions. All you here is that current 343 is busy working on MCC - yeah like adding H3A to it  :simms:

It's weird, I find heavy aim to be a rare occurrence for me. I definitely recognize it as being there but I could probably count on one hand the amount of times it has happened to me... Until today, we did a warmup octagon and I swear my reticule slowed down a dozen times in twenty minutes. Luckily once we started playing games it only happened one more time to me but I was about to throw something and actual matches hadn't even started yet.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourself regardless.

Phil Spencer mentioned they want to reduce the amount of time from reveal to release so there is a sliver of hope of getting H6 this year.  But I also just remembered ske7ch essentially saying no H6 in a blog post or something.  Who knows. Hopefully we get something this year.

There will be a beta this year for some sort of Halo product. H5 is getting pretty dryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I did. In the final round I lost the first map by 4 kills something like 40 to my 36. Then the second map I tied for first with 36 so I missed out by those 4 kills.

It was still really fun. I would definitely go again.

The only thing that sucked was that they didnt use the server app which I didnt bother to bring up, and that they used those gaems case things and the monitor on it sucked ass. The aimer felt super floaty.

It's weird, I find heavy aim to be a rare occurrence for me. I definitely recognize it as being there but I could probably count on one hand the amount of times it has happened to me... Until today, we did a warmup octagon and I swear my reticule slowed down a dozen times in twenty minutes. Luckily once we started playing games it only happened one more time to me but I was about to throw something and actual matches hadn't even started yet.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourself regardless.

Eh it's not even heavy aim, H5's aim is just flat out boxy. It has to do with the horizontal and the vertical sens being different. I know you can change it to be the same now but it is no doubt still fucked. I mean if 1, 5, 5 feels good then you cannot really think you're getting actually numbers here. 

IMO 1 5 5 only feels good because it feels sticky but you can still whip with the accel - that being said it is boxy as hell and the only way to overcome this is grinding your mind into it. 

I'm not a pro or anything but I can jump on COD after a year of not playing and snap on targets. I jump on H5 after not playing and snap on a target, snap on a target than snap a third time and think what the fuck did my fingers just do this time for my retical to end up there? No other game has ever done this to me lol

• Upvote (+1) 2