CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Really? I think some of the remakes are pretty damn good. Narrows, guardian, Isolation and Pit look pretty good. I guess nothing beats a “real map” but these Forge maps are nice to look at. Shout out to the gray wasteland known as Reach Forge...

They look fine for what they are. I just miss classic Halo and wish I didn't have to play Forge maps to experience it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i still feel horrible for tweeting pictures of the venue that went on to spread around :(

What you did is one of the reasons why we got MLG back. Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really? I think some of the remakes are pretty damn good. Narrows, guardian, Isolation and Pit look pretty good. I guess nothing beats a “real map” but these Forge maps are nice to look at. Shout out to the gray wasteland known as Reach Forge...

The maps look great imo. Guardian probably looks the best.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yo, what playlist is popular right now? Literally cycling through h5 playlists and it’s not finding games. Wish they would show population counts.

Yo, what playlist is popular right now? Literally cycling through h5 playlists and it’s not finding games. Wish they would show population counts.

• Super Fiesta
  • Slayer
  • Heroic Warzone Firefight
  • Warzone
  • Quick Play
  • Big Team Battle
  • Infection
  • Shotty Snipers
  • Legendary Warzone Firefight
  • SWAT
  • Action Sack
  • Doubles
  • Team Arena
  • HaloWC 2018
  • Mythic Warzone Firefight
  • HaloWC FFA
  • Breakout
  • Warzone Assault
  • Snipers
  • Grifball

Ordered highest to lowest. I imagine H3 Throwback is somewhere near the top.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Although it’s cool to see h3 stuff, this playlist is not as great as everyone makes it seem. The weapons don’t work. So easy to get a sniper and change the game cause of how easy the h5 sniper is. Also the sword lunge is nuts. Grenades too powerful, etc. I can keep going but props to 343 for at least giving us some taste of nostalgia.

I get matches immediately in Quickplay/Warzone so it's probably right under it because there is still a tiny wait time.

I searched quickplay for a good 20 mins and had to give up a few hours ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What you did is one of the reasons why we got MLG back. Thank you.

Still wasn't professional and Isn't a good look for me as someone whos trying to do this as a job hah. 

:mj:

Still wasn't professional and Isn't a good look for me as someone whos trying to do this as a job hah.

Nobody thinks you intended those pictures to blow up so big. That what social media does.

Meh, you posted pictures of the truth. You didn't sensationalize it (others may have, but you can't control that). Honesty should never feel bad and if people have an issue with that, shame on them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Sandman it could be worse, today I learned I've had zero positive impact on the Halo franchise, community, or the studio itself. A business major on Twitter told me this, so I know it to be true. So, you're already doing better than me <3

EDIT: Oh wait, I got that reference... 

The sad part is people are still convinced Reach forge is better than 5's and I honestly want to toss grey bricks at them. Their reasoning, get this, is because forge world was big.............that's it....

i still feel horrible for tweeting pictures of the venue that went on to spread around :(

Don't feel bad. 

It seems that so much of what's left of Halo's player-base doesn't really know how to play even a classic-resembling game-type  . So many 3-20 kinda stat lines in this playlist. So many people step so far out of cover, like they have the expectation that they can thrust back lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The sad part is people are still convinced Reach forge is better than 5's and I honestly want to toss grey bricks at them. Their reasoning, get this, is because forge world was big.............that's it....

I adore H5's Forge, and do think it's best overall. That being said, I'm also a fan of H2A's criminally underused iteration of it as well.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It seems that so much of what's left of Halo's player-base doesn't really know how to play even a classic-resembling game-type . So many 3-20 kinda stat lines in this playlist. So many people step so far out of cover, like they have the expectation that they can thrust back lol.

In defense, it definitely took me a couple games to get back in the can't-boost-back groove lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I miss the old Forge just because it was so simple and smooth enough for me and my friends to just fly around messing around in. But I understand that it's more beneficial for the game for Forge to be designed for actual map makers and not for me and my friends to more easily throw Scorpions at each other.

Maybe in the next game they could have a basic and an advanced mode or something.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1