CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's a distinct lack of any form of content from the competitive Halo scene, and people wonder why it doesn't grow. How can it if there's no content outside of tournament streams for casual fans to watch and get into? Histories, rivalries and personalities can't be created if there's nothing to back them up or even create them in the first place.

I know H5 is an absolute pain in the ass to stream, but there's next to no pro streams or videos or anything. Like people have said, Ninja was one of the few doing that and now he's moved on to bigger and better things.

We need #content

• Upvote (+1) 6

There's a distinct lack of any form of content from the competitive Halo scene, and people wonder why it doesn't grow. How can it if there's no content outside of tournament streams for casual fans to watch and get into? Histories, rivalries and personalities can't be created if there's nothing to back them up or even create them in the first place.

I know H5 is an absolute pain in the ass to stream, but there's next to no pro streams or videos or anything. Like people have said, Ninja was one of the few doing that and now he's moved on to bigger and better things.

We need #content

Obviously not a pro player, but I play competitively. Made a few analysis/tips videos back in 2015. Just got some updated gear, and I'm planning on making some content in that wheelhouse starting soon.

I agree, though. I love watching your lore videos, and there are other people still making content (LukeTheNotable). But outside of general Halo content, the competitive side doesn't get represented much at all. I believe I saw a breaking the meta channel a few days ago.

That said, we'll see how it goes.

Also, was there a 2k today? Edit: Yes, answered my own question thanks to Moses!

• Upvote (+1) 6

No one wanted to go to the birthday party in a tent last year. How shocking is this really?

Maybe not but 2016 was new and super hyped up.

RT RT RT

It's almost as if getting a bigger venue for a community that has always filled seats at events will actually sell and the event will be a big success. Hmm.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We need #content

It also doesn't help that Halo has had a lack of identity since 2010, but you know...

I mean in order to have content you kinda have to have more than a half dozen maps and two weapons tweaks over 3 years

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean in order to have content you kinda have to have more than a half dozen maps and two weapons tweaks over 3 years

To be fair, games with actual depth tend to see significant meta shifts over time regardless of balance tweaks and map pools.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who wouldn't invest in Halo right now? Halo 4 comes out in 2 days and its sure to be amazing and a return to classic Halo after Halo Reach!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's almost as if getting a bigger venue for a community that has always filled seats at events will actually sell and the event will be a big success. Hmm.

Good venues and early announcements can do wonders for event attendance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good venues and early announcements can do wonders for event attendance.

When was the venue for HWC '17 announced? Wasn't it 2-3 weeks before the actual event?

We need #content

The game needs content first!

Oddball and Assault, the two Arena DLC gametypes, aren't even playable in matchmaking.

There's no content to make when we've been playing the same game for 2.5 years. This viewer's guide for the 2016 World Championship that I wrote still applies now outside of the things that were removed from Arena. Lore is a continuous drip feed, but Arena Halo fans have mostly been left waiting until the next MP drops because of how little is focused on H5 anymore.

And this sucks because I really like Halo 5 ROFL

• Upvote (+1) 4

We need #content

I feel like this is kind of backwards. Gaming communities are more of a build it and and they will come situation with "it" being a game that attracts large numbers of passionate people who will stick around and want to create content for the game. Halo 5 isn't one of those games unfortunately