CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

snip

I'm not disputing the financial gain he's making. That's obvious. 

My point is if Ninja loved Halo the way people claimed he did, he would invest time and money into Halo, regardless of his situation. 

Okay let's do an allegorical approach here. Do you know who Jason Lee is?

Starred in Mall rats, my name is earl, Alvin and the Chipmunks etc. Before he was an actor he was a professional skateboarder. Doing what he loved and stuck to it until something better came about. 

As he got more successful and more wealthy due to his new found passion (acting) he invested his time and money into skateboarding because it meant something to him and the community that inhabits that scene.  

My point being, Ninja not even looking back at the Halo scene is a bummer because obviously there is more than meets the eye and I wish somebody with as much influence and charisma as him would at least invest some time and effort into this scene. I'm not dictating he should. I'm not saying he's obligated to. His individual choice to invest into the Halo scene is of his own liberty.

I know if I became a millionaire tomorrow ( and I know he isn't a millionaire I'm speaking for myself) I would put hundreds of thousands of dollars into this scene with no expectations of returns.  But the fact that he isn't now after days and days, and months and months and months, and year and years of already doing so shows that there is a reason that he won't with Halo slowly on the climb back up. We already know he's doing better financially. Nobody is disputing that. But to contribute nothing after huge individual success is telling. And before words get stuffed in my mouth I'm not saying he's an asshole or a bad person for not putting anything back into Halo. I'm questioning the other reasons why he won't and it's more than just financial and the fact he enjoys fortnite. I'm interested in his off camera, private, reasoning he obviously does not intend to share because I guarantee there's more to it such as the scene shitting on him all the time for stupid reasons 

• Downvote (-1) 5

My point is if Ninja loved Halo the way people claimed he did, he would invest time and money into Halo, regardless of his situation.

Starred in Mall rats, my name is earl, Alvin and the Chipmunks etc. Before he was an actor he was a professional skateboarder. Doing what he loved and stuck to it until something better came about.

As he got more successful and more wealthy due to his new found passion (acting) he invested his time and money into skateboarding because it meant something to him and the community that inhabits that scene.

My point being, Ninja not even looking back at the Halo scene is a bummer because obviously there is more than meets the eye and I wish somebody with as much influence and charisma as him would at least invest some time and effort into this scene. I'm not dictating he should. I'm not saying he's obligated to. His individual choice to invest into the Halo scene is of his own liberty. But the fact that he isn't now after days and days, and months and months and months, and year and years of already doing so shows that there is a reason that he won't with Halo slowly on the climb back up. We already know he's doing better financially. Nobody is disputing that. But to contribute nothing after huge individual success is telling. And before words get stuffed in my mouth I'm not saying he's an asshole or a bad person for not putting anything back into Halo. I'm questioning the other reasons why he won't and it's more than just financial and the fact he enjoys fortnite. I'm interested in his off camera, private, reasoning he obviously does not intend to share because I guarantee there's more to it.

The dude literally grinds Fortnite for 13 hours a day, 6 days a week. He ain’t got no time for a game like Halo 5. He’s also said multiple times his plan is to never play a console game competitively again.

He’s made the big leagues, and he ain’t coming back.

• Upvote (+1) 3

My point being, Ninja not even looking back at the Halo scene is a bummer because obviously there is more than meets the eye and I wish somebody with as much influence and charisma as him would at least invest some time and effort into this scene. I'm not dictating he should. I'm not saying he's obligated to. His individual choice to invest into the Halo scene is of his own liberty.

I know if I became a millionaire tomorrow ( and I know he isn't a millionaire I'm speaking for myself) I would put hundred of thousands of dollars into this scene with no expectations of returns.  But the fact that he isn't now after days and days, and months and months and months, and year and years of already doing so shows that there is a reason that he won't with Halo slowly on the climb back up. We already know he's doing better financially. Nobody is disputing that. But to contribute nothing after huge individual success is telling. And before words get stuffed in my mouth I'm not saying he's an asshole or a bad person for not putting anything back into Halo. I'm questioning the other reasons why he won't and it's more than just financial and the fact he enjoys fortnite. I'm interested in his off camera, private, reasoning he obviously does not intend to share because I guarantee there's more to it. 

Let's see: 

Make 121212043200 dollars a month playing a game you love and the people want or... competing for chump change in a shitty Halo 5 that everyone just plays for the money. He said that if Halo 6 was good, he would try it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe if you knew me in real life, you'd understand. 

You really think I don't know I sound like a crazy person around here? lol Nah. I'm fully aware. I just look at things more objectively and take all different scenarios into account because of the things I do outside of Halo. If I sit here and try to explain then everybody will get wound up and freak out and start shitposting. 

I have my reasons for the things I post  

Nah, dude. You just sound like an idiot. "More objectively." lol. That's an interesting way of framing a complete disconnect from reality and a lack of common sense.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Remember that time Pistola was in that weird state?

Joking aside... It was interesting to see Ninja place better than his old teammates after he kept getting dropped. Happened a couple of times.

I just miss VicX and Ninja in Halo

Ninja never placed higher than C9 on LAN in H2A, or am I missing something?

The dude literally grinds Fortnite for 13 hours a day, 6 days a week. He ain’t got no time for a game like Halo 5. He’s also said multiple times his plan is to never play a console game competitively again.

He’s made the big leagues, and he ain’t coming back.

Let's see: 

Make 121212043200 dollars a month playing a game you love and the people want or... competing for chump change in a shitty Halo 5 that everyone just plays for the money. He said that if Halo 6 was good, he would try it. 

So should I just accept that he really is only in it for the money and fame? uhg

Maybe I think more highly of the man than I should, because I really liked Ninja all these years. I'm not going to call him a sellout because that's a stupid term. But I will say, kinda shitty that he completely dropped this community like nothing when his influence could do nothing but good, and I know I would go out of my way to do it in his shoes. 

• Downvote (-1) 11

I know if I became a millionaire tomorrow ( and I know he isn't a millionaire I'm speaking for myself) I would put hundreds of thousands of dollars into this scene with no expectations of returns.  But the fact that he isn't now after days and days, and months and months and months, and year and years of already doing so shows that there is a reason that he won't with Halo slowly on the climb back up. We already know he's doing better financially. Nobody is disputing that. But to contribute nothing after huge individual success is telling. And before words get stuffed in my mouth I'm not saying he's an asshole or a bad person for not putting anything back into Halo. I'm questioning the other reasons why he won't and it's more than just financial and the fact he enjoys fortnite. I'm interested in his off camera, private, reasoning he obviously does not intend to share because I guarantee there's more to it such as the scene shitting on him all the time for stupid reasons 

So since he's not doing with his money what you would do with yours if you were in a similar situation, that's "telling" and makes you question him? He's like 25 years old, cut him a fucking break and let him enjoy his time with Fortnite. He single-handedly kept the Halo scene alive back in the day, and he doesn't owe us anything.  It's not the responsibility of ex pro players to donate their time and money into competitive Halo.

That's like Tom Brady retiring tomorrow and giving $10,000,000 back to the NFL.  Who the fuck would do that?

• Upvote (+1) 3

You are so fucking ignorant it is insane.

Can you do anything but sling ad hominem? If I'm ignorant, explain why, and actually attempt to make me understand. Everybody here can tell me he has "no time' But that's wrong. It's completely wrong. He's self employed for the most part. If he wanted to put some time into Halo to help this community, he could if he wanted, and he doesn't. This is a matter of me not understanding Ninja. That's all it is.    

• Downvote (-1) 9

Enters thread, sees Ninja discussion still going on. Leaves thread.

I need an adult

• Upvote (+1) 2

So since he's not doing with his money what you would do with yours if you were in a similar situation, that's "telling" and makes you question him? He's like 25 years old, cut him a fucking break and let him enjoy his time with Fortnite. He single-handedly kept the Halo scene alive back in the day, and he doesn't owe us anything.  It's not the responsibility of ex pro players to donate their time and money into competitive Halo.

That's like Tom Brady retiring tomorrow and giving $10,000,000 back to the NFL.  Who the fuck would do that?

I would and this isn't the NFL. 

You could invest anywhere in Halo in multiple places. I know when I finish school and in the future make a pretty damn good living I'm investing a lot of money into this scene because I love everything about our scene and want to see it grow no matter if I get something back for it or not. You're 100% right. It does perplex me how somebody couldn't invest their time and money into something they love and to help it grow. I do not get it. 

For example, we wouldn't be here right now if it wasnt for saucey and cyren investing in something, and I've donated here too. People who care make an impact. So it sucks somebody with so much influence does not want to make an impact 

• Downvote (-1) 5

I would and this isn't the NFL.

You could invest anywhere in Halo in multiple places. I know when I finish school and in the future make a pretty damn good living I'm investing a lot of money into this scene because I love everything about our scene and want to see it grow no matter if I get something back for it or not. You're 100% right. It does perplex me how somebody couldn't invest their time and money into something they love and to help it grow. I do not get it.

For example, we wouldn't be here right now if it wasnt for saucey and cyren investing in something, and I've donated here too. People who care make an impact. So it sucks somebody with so much influence does not want to make an impact

Lol, still in school talking about your massively successful future and all the money you’ll be able to throw around to whatever cause you want. So naive.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Lol, still in school talking about your massively successful future and all the money you’ll be able to throw around to whatever cause you want. So naive.

I didn't say I'm going to be a billionaire over night but I will invest as much as I can into Halo, and if I get to where I want to be, yes, I will be tossing money into Halo. You can thank me for it later.  :simms:

Also, I'm 27 dude. I'm already through the basic education ring. I'll leave it there because if I say more the shitpost will rain down like hell fire 

• Downvote (-1) 4

Ninja has said multiple times why he left Halo and the main reason wasn't finances. He wasn't even making that much with Fortnite and PubG when he did decide to just stream fulltime. He did not like multiple aspects of H5 gameplay (missing gametypes, heavy/poor aim). Then you had things like the fact he would bring in multiple orgs and be dropped. He understands that last point because it is the name of the game when rostermania happens but remember the drama with him and Ace before X-Games? The biggest complaint was lack of support from MS/343. Numerous pros complained of the way HCS was run. Each event more so than the last. Forcing breakout on pros, online tournament play that went overtime meaning some east coast pros would be up like 3AM. Poorly run events with few LAN opportunities. He even mentioned scheduling things while something like Twitchcon happening. The biggest one was the Halo World Championship 2017 which was the eSports laughingstock. Why would he put any more time into a game that wasn't bringing him viewers, wasn't drawing orgs and other streamers, where other pros complaining and a very poorly run league? He got donations during H1Z1 in one day that were more than his entire Halo pro career. Now he's making a fortune playing a fun game everyone in the world is playing. In fact he is probably in better financial shape where if he wanted to, he could return for Halo 6 if he felt the competitive need. OpTic H3cz said he would've left Halo if he didn't care about his players the way the last HWC was.

So... What's the deal with airline food?

Best part of flying to an event. Pretzels, cookies, peanuts, and alcohol

Also, anybody know if there are scrims going on tonight?

I know if I became a millionaire tomorrow ( and I know he isn't a millionaire I'm speaking for myself) I would put hundreds of thousands of dollars into this scene with no expectations of returns.

Actually the dumbest thing ever written in this thread

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know if I became a millionaire tomorrow, I would put hundreds of thousands of dollars into cables with no expectations of returns.

How many cables though?

How many cables though?

Seeing as @@PROVERB doesn't run events anymore I'm sure he could sell me some at a discount. Sure I could get 200 thousand easy.

• Upvote (+1) 2