CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/3928f141c8e14499a4d33d2ddaa86008/topics/halowc-local-server-update/c3ee5de1-17b6-4338-b226-eb657d1a9b31/posts

Local Server and Weapon Tuning update.

TL;DR: They figured out the issue in the local server app itself (not related to Surface Books). They hope to have fix out next week.

The DMR and Carbine will get buffed again.

Important to note they didn't necessarily want to introduce the new tuning on these weapons, but branched the code awhile back and therefore porting the Local Server Fix requires tuning to come in as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Move to Arstotzka and get one of those high paying immigration inspector jobs and everything will be fine.

Did not expect to see a Papers Please reference on these forums. Phenomenal game.

I'm glad to hear the fix wasn't too painful, the issue they described is nothing I would have guessed. Definitely explains why nobody on these forums could figure out why there was a problem when everything seemed to run smoothly during personal use. Hopefully they can make it feel as good as the dev servers they were using previously as well.

I really hope Halo 6 just comes with a utility weapon with decent range and kill times and we can stop trying to balance 5 different weapons that do the same thing along with multiple variations of each one. Its kind of ridiculous. If they want a long range anti sniper type of weapon they could probably be more imaginative than "the pistol but, like, more range" It just feels bad when they all, with the exception of the zoomed LR, do the same thing and they're trying to make them different by just changing aim assist ranges and such. It just makes the game feel awkward at various ranges and fills up spaces that could be used on something that's actually different

yup. it bothers me that we have 2 alien factions- but nearly all of their weaponry is analogous to human weapons that have been in the game since 2001.

They have a license to go bat shit crazy, but they settle on "lets make this just like the magnum but better at range, worse up close". i'd prefer they experiment with a bunch of off-the-wall concepts, with the risk of some not being viable rather than diluting the sandbox with functionally similar variants.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Deserved too. Guy has been grinding streaming for years. Held the fort down during Halo 4 etc. He's been super popular with BR since H1Z1 so it's nice to see him be rewarded. He's going to break 100k subs easy. Other pros have jumped to Fortnite to jump in on this bandwagon. Twitch loot, twitch prime subs. It's like the perfect storm. Just shows how the right game at the right time can make a difference.

One thing's for sure, he's definitely making 13k a year now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is far too off-topic IMO, you haven't mentioned what you pay in rent and utilities at all.

The best part about this is that Grim probably has no idea what we're talking about.

If he didn't think we were weird before, he does now lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

The best part about this is that Grim probably has no idea what we're talking about.

If he didn't think we were weird before, he does now lol

It's probably worth making a Beyond in-joke guide at some point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's probably worth making a Beyond in-joke guide at some point.

Combine it with the emoji guide and make it a sticky

• Upvote (+1) 3

Last night's Rec - nV scrim is weird to look at, nV only took 2 slayers and a 100-99 Rig SH in which they outslayed Rec by 15 kills, and they lost the flags 3-0, 3-0 & 2-1(take a gander which map that last one was on...)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thought this was pretty cool.

2gre tagged two people in his replies, Nistick and Koush. I remembered the name Nistick, but I wasn't sure who the other one was. Viewed his Twitter profile, which links to the website clockworkmod.com (Clockwork).

Major throwback feels.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thought this was pretty cool.

2gre tagged two people in his replies, Nistick and Koush. I remembered the name Nistick, but I wasn't sure who the other one was. Viewed his Twitter profile, which links to the website clockworkmod.com (Clockwork).

Major throwback feels.

Random tidbit but Clockwork is responsible for the "Ogre Twitch" as far as I know.

• Upvote (+1) 5