CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Man your opinions have been way out there all day let's relax a little bit.

Ola was more influential in the way you played the game. And

Ola was more influential in the way you played the game. And

I mean if you REALLY want to be technical I promise you more pipe or know who Snip3down is. He's a way bigger community figure. But that's not a fair point to make because we are talking about the best halo PLAYERS not their personality or impact on the scene.

But hey I guess Ninja is the best of all time.

1. Ogre 2
2. Walshy
3. Ogre 1
4. Pistola
5. Snip3down
6. Lethul
7. Roy
8. Lunchbox
9. Snakebite

10. Royal 2

IMO Ogre 1/Walshy is 2a/2b. Ola/Snipedown is similar with Snipedown having more wins but Ola having higher quality wins with half of his being in H3/Reach MLG events. Roybox is also super close, do you value Roy's 1 extra AGL win over Lunchbox being pretty much unanimously the overall best player in H2A? That's a tough one but my heart says LBX. I'm also really curious where guys like Frosty/Saiyan/KillerN/Formal would fall if they had anywhere near the career length as some of the guys on that list.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Even after a 1 million dollar event is announced. A major org leaves and a legendary player hangs it up. That speaks volumes for the HCS and Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What a bittersweet video and day. I literally watched Roy (& Lunch) since their first event in 2007 and was a huge fan of them from the get go. When they finally got that event win in 2010 and see the happiness and that general look of “finally we did it” was so sick.

In my honest opinion, I think Roy was the 2nd greatest player of all time. He was the absolute best overall in halo 3 and in Reach and probably the 2nd best in H2A behind Lunch. I remember him never playing halo 4 and just showing up one event and getting top 3 and was dismantling everybody which I feel is unheard of. He won an x-games gold medal and at the end of worlds 1 I could say was probably the best non CLG player.

Here is to Lunch hopefully going to nV and below is my top 10 all-time

1 Ogre 2

2 Roy

3 Ola

4 Lunch

5 Snipedown

6 Lethul

7 Walshy

8 Ogre 1

9 Elamite Warrior

10 Snakebite

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roy hesitated when he was asked if he would come back if Halo 6 went back to the original formula. Went on to rip H4 and H5 saying they "aren't Halo". He basically echoed our sentiments. Here's to hoping H6 returns to its roots and our boy returns.

Where did that happen?

Lethul over Roybox at this point in time is insane, but maybe I'm just undervaluing H5. Also Ola over Snipedown IMO

Obviously a matter of opinion, but Lethul was the best player in Halo for basically all of H2A and the first 6 or so months of H5. On top of that he was a freak in Reach, respectable in H3 and has won more money playing Halo than anyone else (I could be wrong, but I think that's true).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why in fucks name would someone place Snipedown over Ola? Are you kidding me?

Snipedown has had more success in h2a and h5

Obviously a matter of opinion, but Lethul was the best player in Halo for basically all of H2A and the first 6 or so months of H5. On top of that he was a freak in Reach, respectable in H3 and has won more money playing Halo than anyone else (I could be wrong, but I think that's true).

Lethul wasnt even top5 in h2a

But yes i would put him above roybox for sure

Snipedown has had more success in h2a and h5

Lethul wasnt even top5 in h2a

But yes i would put him above roybox for sure

How do you figure he wasn't top 5 in H2A? That's pretty ridiculous; and on top of all of that when H2A was over he was head and shoulders above everyone else all summer/fall during H3 $8s on MCC. There was no one better at 4s in any Halo during 2015.

I don't have hard evidence apart from his success over that time period, but I watched him play Halo almost every day and it was pretty obvious to me that he was Top 1.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 Ogre 2

2 Roy

3 Ola

4 Lunch

5 Snipedown

6 Lethul

7 Walshy

8 Ogre 1

9 Elamite Warrior

10 Snakebite

I dont know what world has walshy and ogre 1 so low on this list but it isnt a world i want to be a part of. What people forget about the ogrea and walshy is that they were a part of what built all of this and everyone's goal was to get to their level and beat final boss. It was halo's first dynasty and the yardstick by which every other team will be measured

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT:

TBH, been having a blast in Oddball so far. Event with radar being annoying, I'm not being hammered with ARs all them time and I can out-pistol AR users regularly. Hope OB gets into the HCS too, would love to hear pro opinions on it.

• Upvote (+1) 7