CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Then again no one ever uses this thread for its intended purpose so I say carry on

If we did, everyone would complain there's nothing to talk about :mj:

We don't mind the OT talk, as long as it doesn't get too crazy.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

If we did, everyone would complain there's nothing to talk about :mj:

We don't mind the OT talk, as long as it doesn't get too crazy.

giphy.gif

I’m with ya buddy, I’d rather see the thread active vs the alternative <3

• Upvote (+1) 4

Theres literally no difference beween thrust and a good strafe.  Thats what thrust is, a good instant strafe that's probably too fast and random for console controls. Not to mention it requires some tacky cooldown.

If its the added aspect of changing directions in air that you like, then add mid air control to Halo. That would probably be the most "advanced movement" I'd actually enjoy.  Plus you could tie it into the tacky thruster jetpack lore.

There is no effectively acceleration or deceleration like there is in a normal strafe. So, there obviously is a difference. The function of thrust in gun fights is to break reticle friction/aim assist with instantaneous, unpredictable movement and force people to completely reacquire the target mid fight (i.e. actually move their stick instead of just strafing and letting aim assist do most of the work).It has the less intended side effect of accentuating H5's extra goofy console aiming system.

Thankfully, it's largely balanced out by the absurd lag compensation.  :lxthul: 

I would love to see a Halo movement model that is basically CS:GO's with a higher jump.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean it’s interesting that he’s the biggest video game streamer on the internet but his success is pretty irrelevant to this thread

Then again no one ever uses this thread for its intended purpose so I say carry on

‪OpTic vs Reciprocity

https://www.twitch.tv/frosty

I don't really mind if the thread is completely off topic on something interesting. We could talk about the cheese for whole day and it would be more interesting than the 4-5 posts a week of "Oh look at Ninja's sub/viewer count" at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Am I the only one in this thread who could give a shit what Ninja is up to nowadays?

It does get repetitive.

How about we all assume he's making 1 million+/year and end it there huh?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Theres literally no difference beween thrust and a good strafe.  Thats what thrust is, a good instant strafe that's probably too fast and random for console controls. Not to mention it requires some tacky cooldown.

If its the added aspect of changing directions in air that you like, then add mid air control to Halo. That would probably be the most "advanced movement" I'd actually enjoy.  Plus you could tie it into the tacky thruster jetpack lore.

Opinion on Wall Kick? I wouldn't mind it as long as it was instead of thrust and not in addition to it.

Opinion on Wall Kick? I wouldn't mind it as long as it was instead of thrust and not in addition to it.

Don't really care for it.  Don't think it would be super harmful, but I don't know if I love it enough to shove it in Halo strictly for being nonharmful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also it wouldn’t be fair to ninja not to mention that he’s been a long time supporter of this website

I don’t know if he still does but he used to have a promotion in his chat that linked here (and idk if he got paid for it but it doesn’t matter, it’s not something he HAD to do)

All I get out of it is he spent years building up his Halo following only to immediately upon leaving become one of the biggest streamers overall. Its about as bad as when the Falcon's traded Brett Favre to the packers

• Downvote (-1) 1

Also it wouldn’t be fair to ninja not to mention that he’s been a long time supporter of this website

I don’t know if he still does but he used to have a promotion in his chat that linked here (and idk if he got paid for it but it doesn’t matter, it’s not something he HAD to do)

That's kind of a rough sell when: 

HdePzvJ.png

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Some of which actually started out in this community and then got assimilated, Flood-style. 

Immersive description.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Looks like Shooter's team is running with Danoxide instead of Contra now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope Halo 6 has proper aiming mechanics and feels like all other shooters. 

• Upvote (+1) 2