CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All good, brother, no hurt feelings here at all - everyone gets to have their opinions based on personal perspective and individual experiences, and those opinions are just as geocentrically valid. <3 

And to be clear, I wasn't being facetious with my suggestion - IMO Halo can only serve to be improved overall by incorporating community-sourced folks where we can (and where it makes sense), but it is always healthy to remember that things are never quite as "easy/simple/obvious" as forums and social media might profess them to be. Always more to every story, you know? 

At any rate, I genuinely hope you continue to find pockets of personal happiness in the franchise. 

Great response.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Don't give in, don't lower your standards. Fight for what you believ in. Don't negotiate with these murderous devs. They've killed Halo for long enough.

I'm going to say this and nobody is going to like it. Thrust adds to the idea of strafing, and a good strafe + good use of thrust = a higher requirements of gun control.

And I know the rebuttal will be bullet magnetism and hitbox size. The simple solution is to not increase these things and then it works, and works well.

Edit. But now that I think about it.....maps like Guardian and lockout cannot exist with thrust.....hmmmm....now I'm conflicted

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm going to say this and nobody is going to like it. Thrust adds to the idea of strafing, and a good strafe + good use of thrust = a higher requirements of gun control.

And I know the rebuttal will be bullet magnetism and hitbox size. The simple solution is to not increase these things and then it works, and works well.

Edit. But now that I think about it.....maps like Guardian and lockout cannot exist with thrust.....hmmmm....now I'm conflicted

I struggle with this too. I truly love what thrust has added to gunfights but hate the escapability and faster map movement aspect of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Theres literally no difference beween thrust and a good strafe.  Thats what thrust is, a good instant strafe that's probably too fast and random for console controls. Not to mention it requires some tacky cooldown.

If its the added aspect of changing directions in air that you like, then add mid air control to Halo. That would probably be the most "advanced movement" I'd actually enjoy.  Plus you could tie it into the tacky thruster jetpack lore.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I actually think there are a lot of people that agree with this here, including me. If thrust doesn't go quite as far and the thrust/slide "launch me across the map" combo is gone, thrust alone on those maps could work fine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja is at 8000 subs today and growing... I bet the pros that talked shit about him feel real good. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I struggle with this too. I truly love what thrust has added to gunfights but hate the escapability and faster map movement aspect of it.

negged by mistake ),:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one in this thread who could give a shit what Ninja is up to nowadays?

I mean it’s interesting that he’s the biggest video game streamer on the internet but his success is pretty irrelevant to this thread

Then again no one ever uses this thread for its intended purpose so I say carry on

‪OpTic vs Reciprocity

https://www.twitch.tv/frosty

• Upvote (+1) 8