CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My guide to Seattle for the HWC is out! Drop in, leave some questions in the replies, and come enjoy Seattle to its fullest come April.

Pono's Guide to Seattle for the HWC

*approved by @@GrimBrother One himself

Thanks for this! I am going to try and take the week off from work so I can enjoy a couple days exploring Seattle before Worlds :)

Fallout casting Halo? That’s odd. He’s excellent at casting Gears though. I’m excited to see what he brings to the table.

https://twitter.com/eslaustralia/status/968403759909912576

Anyone from here going? I’m really tempted

I had to choose between this or IEM Sydney. IEM last year was one of my favourite experiences so I ultimately picked that.

Kind of sad about it because I would have loved to meet Side and Bravo and there’s some people from the ACL days going. Just would have been fun to be at a big Australian Halo tournament again.

I hope people tune in! Josh is an amazing caster and I’m glad to see him back casting Halo even if it’s just for one event.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really excited to see Fallout as part of the talent line-up.  I ran into Jon many times throughout the MLG Halo days and he truly is a standup guy.  He does a lot of great work with the Gears circuit, as well as being very involved with Microsoft events and meetings.

I think having Clutch as part of the talent will be interesting as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does anyone else ever think about how much better H5 would've been, while still preserving 343's vision of an enhanced-mobility Halo (not that I like the vision), if some little things were changed?

Imagine if the aiming was smooth, and Spartan Charge and GP were removed. It would still be what H5 was supposed to be, except I'd be way more excited to play. This game is decent, but was so close to being good IMO. Kinda sad/pointless to think about, but whatever.

Yeah, I know you can say this about any game.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone from here going? I’m really tempted

Cool to see Clutch involved.

EDIT: Sorry for the triple post, I always forget about multi-quote.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Commonly is gonna anchor down Demon D/Gilkey like he has with every team he's been on after EG (potentially including EG).

Commonly is better than you give him credit for.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can anyone explain how columbus will work?

I get top16 teams, 4x4 pools, but who is getting into worlds? Is it based on points after the event, or whoever gets top8 at the event?

Can anyone explain how columbus will work?

I get top16 teams, 4x4 pools, but who is getting into worlds? Is it based on points after the event, or whoever gets top8 at the event?

top 2 from each pool go into a champ bracket and qualify for worlds. 3rd from each pool go into a seperate single elimination bracket and whoever wins that gets the 9th NA spot for worlds
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone else ever think about how much better H5 would be, while still preserving 343's vision of an enhanced-mobility Halo (not that I like the vision), if some little things were changed?

Imagine if the aiming was smooth, and Spartan Charge and GP were removed. It would still be what H5 was supposed to be, except I'd be way more excited to play. This game is decent, but was so close to being good IMO. Kinda sad/pointless to think about, but whatever. 

EDIT: Yeah, I know you can say this about any game.

The abilities aren't even the problem.

Fix the TTK problem, trim the sandbox fat, fix the broken gametypes, and drastically improve map/layout design, and Halo 5 would be next level.

I was personally very disappointed in how little was changed gameplay-wise for Halo 5's last World Championship. Very low effort from a gameplay design perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Would love to have a halo game with Ce's gameplay for Arena, H2 maps, H3 custom lobbies, HR armor customization, firefight, and H5s Warezone. Maybe add in H4s Spartan Ops. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The abilities aren't even the problem.

Fix the TTK problem, trim the sandbox fat, fix the broken gametypes, and drastically improve map/layout design, and Halo 5 would be next level.

What I meant was: What could've been changed that wouldn't drastically change the game, and would've been easy for 343 to do?

If we're taking this route and trying to fix everything about the game, then yes, heaps of work needs to be done on maps and the sandbox. I was moreso talking about simple features that could be added/removed and instantly make H5 much better.

or like another user mentioned here that CE spawns led to snowballing makes it a bad game.... We just going to ignore static weapon spawns from h2/h3 + predictable spawns (watch some 1v1 guardian games) or...?

tenor.gif?itemid=6220235

I said it's one of CE's flaws. Every game of the original trilogy had flaws (Including our Lord and Savior, Halo 2), some of which, you mentioned. I still adore all three games of the OG trilogy, but I'm not ignorant enough to say any of them are perfect. 

Don't twist words man, c'mon.

top 2 from each pool go into a champ bracket and qualify for worlds. 3rd from each pool go into a seperate single elimination bracket and whoever wins that gets the 9th NA spot for worlds

I ... dont know if i like this.

Is the single elim bo7?