CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think we can all agree that all of the campaigns from the Bungie halos were amazing. I still replay them all from time to time. You couldn't pay me to play through Halo 4 or Halo 5's campaign for a 2nd time.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think you can recognize a game as being the best without it being your favorite. For example I do think its very obvious that halo 1 is the best, but Halo 2 is my favorite. Probably had a lot to do with Xbox live and having more friends get into playing.

Completely agree, CE is my fav for similar reasons (endless LAN nights with friends). I would imagine most would rate their fav halo in a similar way.

I think we can all agree that all of the campaigns from the Bungie halos were amazing. I still replay them all from time to time. You couldn't pay me to play through Halo 4 or Halo 5's campaign for a 2nd time.

Reach and 2 have to be my favorite Campaigns. I enjoyed H4's besides the ending but Halo 5's campaign is God awful. Fighting warden eternals(the main boss) every other mission and the story being bleak af.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

With no sprint and no lifts to top mid, it’d be pretty good.

You'd also need to get rid of the stairways/halls in the back of each side too imho. It would be too big without sprint. Too much extra room nobody would go to.

I’m convinced anyone that doesn’t enjoy CE simply doesn’t know how to play it. There’s a lot of ignorance floating around about that game, and people tend to shit on it without understanding the spawn system and never once playing a game where both teams are timing. Unless you actually know how to play it, probably best to keep your mouth shut about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I’m convinced anyone that doesn’t enjoy CE simply doesn’t know how to play it. There’s a lot of ignorance floating around about that game, and people tend to shit on it without understanding the spawn system and never once playing a game where both teams are timing. Unless you actually know how to play it, probably best to keep your mouth shut about it.

Shogi is better than checkers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ITT rn people who don't think CE is the best Halo say they think so anyway because they're afraid of the public flogging that occurs on Beyond if you break from the social norm of nutlicking CE

Well it would be a well deserved flogging. 

Isn't that a really elitist stance to take?

Granted, I was 3 when CE came out and didn't do much more than dick around the campaign, but after learning the game later as I grew up I still have the same opinion on the spawning. 

The frequency that you spawn into combat leads to snowballing, even if its between 2 closely matched teams. For its time, it was the best console MP shooting around but it's not flawless in retrospect.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Really? I think you should think that through more. The standards that you judge CE with are not what is used by the majority of gamers in determining how much fun they have on a game.

Have you ever considered that what you are saying could actually be considered a flaw? If you have to memorize exact spawn points (which are undesignated unless you check out that cool CE spawn website), learn a super nerdy spawn system, and use fucking stopwatches just to "know how to play it" and appreciate the game, thats a problem outside of the small niche CE competitive community.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Really? I think you should think that through more. The standards that you judge CE with are not what is used by the majority of gamers in determining how much fun they have on a game.

Have you ever considered that what you are saying could actually be considered a flaw? If you have to memorize exact spawn points (which are undesignated unless you check out that cool CE spawn website), learn a super nerdy spawn system, and use fucking stopwatches just to "know how to play it" and appreciate the game, thats a problem outside of the small niche CE competitive community.

Oh boy this post is gross.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Oh boy this post is gross.

What about it? Is it the use of the word nerdy? I didn't mean it in the every day sense but in the sense we use it in our community, like nerdy jumps, nerdy plays, etc.

The best halo is the one you most enjoyed

That's bs! I'll fight you about it! The square, 5 o'clock! If you're a no-show I'll start calling you a rat!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Even if there's a world where you could be objectively right about this, I doubt "you're just ignorant" will ever be a sound argument.

• Upvote (+1) 1