CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

bBtGPoAJ.jpg

I wish I would have stayed In Aspen and captured this.. :(   Biggest regret of my life

• Upvote (+1) 7

Looks like the new update that went out permanently locked multiplayer at 720p which could explain why everyone has been saying their aim has been amazing since. That would mean the dynamic resolution has in fact been our culprit. Mp looks significantly more jaggy than the past 2 years but we can aim now.

?????????

can anyone else verify that this is true?  why on earth would 343 not mention this

• Upvote (+1) 3

Since Roy has now retired i figured i'd make a top 10 players of all time list
1. Ogre 2
2. Ogre 1
3. Walshy
4. Snip3down
5. Pistola
6. Lethul
7. Roy
8. Lunchbox
9. Snakebite

10. Royal 2

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

?????????

can anyone else verify that this is true?  why on earth would 343 not mention this

i can't verify that it's true but i've seen a lot of people reporting that the game looks more pixelated 

might just be head casing but who knows

i'm sure someone could record gameplay from today and compare it to last week

Looks like the new update that went out permanently locked multiplayer at 720p which could explain why everyone has been saying their aim has been amazing since. That would mean the dynamic resolution has in fact been our culprit. Mp looks significantly more jaggy than the past 2 years but we can aim now.

Edit: also means forge maps performance are better. Still shady of them to downgrade the base consoles performance without saying anything.

CALLED. IT.

This.

I'm 100% convinced that the "heavy" aim is attached to the dynamic resolution. I believe that another issue plaguing Halo 5 aim is that there is not as much lag compensation compared to previous Halo's. For example in Halo Reach even with latency it was very obvious if a shot should register or not. In Halo 5, the latency compensation is super weird.Some shots I think are 100% misses somehow hit and vice versa.

Dynamic resolution breaks aim (which explains why the beta and PC version, which both run at a stable resolution, run perfect) and the weird latency compensation/magnetism that affect shot registration.

I am convinced they are two separate issues. 

@@Deez @@Sal1ent any insight?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Im sad to see Roy go. He was definitely my biggest idol as far as Halo pros go. Im also quite gutted to see EG leave the scene as well ill miss the Up to Speed videos.

I hope Lunch pulls an Ogre1 and goes on to dominate some more.

As a special recognition can we get a special in game voiceover where Roy is the announcer and blames Lunchbox for everything? Please, thanks.

I would love that....

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow I didn't expect EG to actually pull out of the scene considering how long they've been here but I guess Tapping is going to be heading back to Mexico if he doesn't get any offers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre1 is too high imo.

I could see the argument for moving Walshy to #2 and Ogre 1 to #3 but i just can't justify Dan not being at least a top 3 player of all time. 

Wow I didn't expect EG to actually pull out of the scene considering how long they've been here but I guess Tapping is going to be heading back to Mexico if he doesn't get any offers.

@@ssbChad Put it perfectly on his stream after Allegiance left Halo. If you're not a top 3 team in Halo then your org is losing so much money by staying in the scene. 

?????????

Literally the first thing I noticed loading into a new map was the worse aliasing. I sit like 2 feet away because I use a 55" OLED as my monitor/TV  :D

1. Ogre 2

2. Ogre 1

3. Walshy

4. Snip3down

5. Pistola

6. Lethul

7. Roy

8. Lunchbox

9. Snakebite

10. Royal 2

Lethul over Roybox at this point in time is insane, but maybe I'm just undervaluing H5. Also Ola over Snipedown IMO

• Upvote (+1) 4

1. Ogre 2

2. Ogre 1

3. Walshy

4. Snip3down

5. Pistola

6. Lethul

7. Roy

8. Lunchbox

9. Snakebite

10. Royal 2

hard to argue against this ... the only factor I can think of would be if later Halos are weighed equally, in which case OG1 and Walshy could arguably be dropped a bit lower (neither were relevant after 2007), with Snip3down and Pistola in their place. 

I feel like people are not sufficiently appreciating how impressive it is that Snip3down has been a top 10 player since like 2007 (almost every other pro from late H2 / early H3 has fallen off hard).  I really wish his parents had let him attend H2 events, apparently he was godly on XBL in 2005-06

• Upvote (+1) 7

Lethul over Roybox at this point in time is insane, but maybe I'm just undervaluing H5. Also Ola over Snipedown IMO

Lethul already has more event wins than RoyBox and i guess the Ola/Snip3down argument is a matter of personal opinion. 

I think lethul deserve this spot after being the player with more money made.

I hope this is sarcastic

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lethul already has more event wins than RoyBox and i guess the Ola/Snip3down argument is a matter of personal opinion. 

Yeah, I definitely agree that Ola/Snipedown is just preference.

Lethul may have more event wins, but I think Roybox's consistency throughout H2/H3 has to count for something. On paper, yeah it was only 2 wins in that span, but they finished top 4 at 14 events out of the 22 they attended during that span and only outside the top 8 once. This was also the time many consider to be the pinnacle of competitive Halo. I think Lethul will pass them eventually, but personally I just don't think he's done it yet. I don't know maybe I'm in the minority or my judgment is clouded by nostalgia.

Lethul over RoyBox is a matter of "Does H3 matter less than H5?"

Ola vs Snip3down is kinda hard to judge fairly and it depends more on how you rate Ola's teammates than how you rate Ola vs Snipedown independently...since Ola by virtue of the top 10 lists has had the majority of his event wins alongside other top 10 players.

Snip3down is the only player to have beaten CLG/OpTic on LAN on two different rosters.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Roy hesitated when he was asked if he would come back if Halo 6 went back to the original formula.  Went on to rip H4 and H5 saying they "aren't Halo".  He basically echoed our sentiments.  Here's to hoping H6 returns to its roots and our boy returns.

• Upvote (+1) 6