CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I remember coming home from school and seeing this new trailer during E3 2006.

The nerd chills were unreal, what a game.

its the music. that really set the game apart for me when i first played it. the story was good but i think with more generic music, the game would not have been nearly as popular for casual fans. bungie made a huge mistake letting martty go

in terms of story though, i still think odst was my favorite

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember coming home from school and seeing this new trailer during E3 2006.

The nerd chills were unreal, what a game.

I waited to download the HD version, killed all the lights in my room, and watched it, probably three times or so. The piano was used masterfully in that trailer.

Say what you will about Halo 3's multiplayer, that ad campaign was on point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 best Halo.

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of Halo 2 being the best Halo game of all time

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would anybody else want to see the old bleachers and 3 projectors for columbus.......just a thought.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All you crazy fools saying anything other than CE is the best halo.

I will admit though, H3 had a killer soundtrack.

I think you can recognize a game as being the best without it being your favorite. For example I do think its very obvious that halo 1 is the best, but Halo 2 is my favorite. Probably had a lot to do with Xbox live and having more friends get into playing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I see we back to discussing which Halo was better, I knew we would get back to this point again !  :weback:

( For reference, CE > Halo 2 >Halo 3/Reach NSZB > Halo 5 )

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm not going to say which halo was better or not. My biggest argument for what future Halo's should reflect is 3. If we want Halo to flourish and be glorious again, we need a game that brings the Halo 3 community back to the franchise. Anybody who says otherwise is in denial

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think you can recognize a game as being the best without it being your favorite. For example I do think its very obvious that halo 1 is the best, but Halo 2 is my favorite. Probably had a lot to do with Xbox live and having more friends get into playing.

100% this.  I see how CE is the best, but i like Halo 2 the best

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of Halo 2 being the best Halo game of all time

H2 sticky nade physics, best physics

• Upvote (+1) 3

Say what you will about Halo 3's multiplayer, that ad campaign was on point.

Nothing will beat the Five's ad campaign. 

ITT rn people who don't think CE is the best Halo say they think so anyway because they're afraid of the public flogging that occurs on Beyond if you break from the social norm of nutlicking CE

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ITT rn people who don't think CE is the best Halo say they think so anyway because they're afraid of the public flogging that occurs on Beyond if you break from the social norm of nutlicking CE

I actually don't think most people on these forums would agree with halo 1 being the best. And halo 1 deserves to have its nuts licked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo CE revolutionized shooters, but I still think Halo 3 is the best halo of all time, simply because that game gave me my first experience to xbl and was so much fun to play. but Halo 2 was my first halo, I didn't get to experience xbl on it during its prime 

• Upvote (+1) 1

PrDM687_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f
I can smell a CE hipster a mile away, and this one smells for miles

From r/Halo:

r000dztqqji01.jpg

I thought that was kind of stupid. I haven't reached the *in retrospect* stage yet for either Reach or 4. Since day one they, with the exception of 4's campaign, have had little to nothing of redeeming value in my mind.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't mind Skyline remake btw. Best thing that came out of H4.

With no sprint and no lifts to top mid, it’d be pretty good.

Thinking CE is the best yet enjoying another halo more are things that can live in perfect harmony... its really not strange or pandering.

I thought that was kind of stupid. I haven't reached the *in retrospect* stage yet for either Reach or 4. Since day one they, with the exception of 4's campaign, have had little to nothing of redeeming value in my mind.

Even the context within the Cortana death (but not really) arc takes place is questionable.  When you have to read wiki pages about the EU to understand what the fuck is up with the Didact and Librarian and chief's immunity to being composed you have a major story problem.  Everything in the mainline games should be self contained.

• Upvote (+1) 2