CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah in retrospect Halo 4 still makes me want to kicked in the nuts over and over again with steel toed boots.

The only thing that even remotely resembled a Halo game was the vehicles and the shielded blue and red people.

Everything else from sound to music to gameplay to the menu was a total change. Perks and loadouts ffs.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo Gamepedia is looking for volunteers if anyone wants to help maintain the world's largest competitive Halo database.

PM if interested

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean if it just stopped at 2010 and added CE as the best then it would mostly be correct assuming it just means Reach with bloom

For me CE and 2 are on a tier of their own.

3, Reach and 5 are on the same level for me because they werent as great as the original 2 but id play them any day over the shitshow that was 4.

Horrible netcode and brs and advanced movement all trump the "innovative" ordnance system for me.

That r/Halo post is so fucking stupid.

Yeah, I magically think Halo 4 had great ideas and executed on them well, and that Reach was the pinnacle of the franchise!!!

No, wait, both those ideas sound completely insane to me and couldn't possibly be further from how I feel.  I don't think I've ever in my life heard someone say that Reach was the pinnacle of the series either, talk about trying to force a point.

My Halo opinions have remained consistent since 2007.  The one and only exception is Halo 3, which I actually thought worse of over time.

Ce - Still the best multiplayer.  Still my second favorite campaign.

H2 - Still a flawed but good game.  Still my favorite campaign. 

H3 - I was too blinded by the amount of content and hype when it released to realize how awful the core gameplay itself is.  Time has sobered me to it.

HR - I was not excited by this game when it came out and today still don't consider it anything but "meh".  I liked the campaign when it came out and I still like it, but that's about it.  I never once thought it was better than any of the previous games.

H4 - Was and still is an overall bad game with absolutely no good ideas other than it's new gamemodes.

H5 - A significant improvement over the last two games but nowhere near as good as the first two games.

For me, the lasting legacy of the Halos on personal experience are as follows:

CE - Fantastic Introduction to the campaign / multiplayer.

H2 - LAN parties, ridiculous jackal snipers on legendary. 

H3 - The peak of Halo popularity, huge social interaction and a solid campaign.

Reach - Terrible Pre-ZBNS, easily better than H3 and the games past it IMO once ZBNS was implemented.

H4 - Horrific multiplayer experience (Easily the worst), probably the most interesting campaign as far as lore.

H2A - Boring multiplayer, better than H4, but bland / tiny skill-gap.

H5 - First Halo game to be better than the last multiplayer wise. Solid overall, not perfect. Terrible campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I highly, highly disagree with this sweeping generalization of the games we play.

It's almost as if sweeping generalizations are a crock of shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Personally I loved every second of it, minus when Cortana gave Chief those giant blue migraines where he was forced to walk dumb slow.

Me too. And that final warthog run with Arby on the gun, flood everywhere and everything blowing up to shit whilst Marty's awesome music plays. So epic. Will we ever see another warthog run?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Personally I loved every second of it, minus when Cortana gave Chief those giant blue migraines where he was forced to walk dumb slow.

And the gravemind migraines. Luckily you can skip some Cortana ones by jumping over the triggers, and if you have a gravity hammer you can go slightly faster during them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't mind Skyline remake btw. Best thing that came out of H4.

Second this. I was probably one of the few people that played H4 from launch to H5 release. There was a period of time that doubles CTF on Skyline was an absolute blast.

who thought the halo 3 campaign was shit?

No way! I'll always say that The Covenant-Halo was the most epic stretch of levels in a game. Storming the citadel was the height of gaming. Still to this day I'll take on Scarab down with the Pelican, then drop out of it from above the second Scarab, stick the core with a spike nade, and watch it explode as I backpedal away from it. Damn, that level was amazing.

H3 and Reach campaigns might be my favorite.  Followed by Halo 2 then CE,  then 4 then waaaaaay behind them all is 5.  Halo 5's campaign is worse than Halo 4's multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1