CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

sigh lol

and yeah, reading back through the AGL 9 thread on here was surreal for sure; we were really in a bad place in 2013

I'd try Roy for AGL 1&2 as he won them both, and they were reach events, so there's a possibility he remembers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd try Roy for AGL 1&2 as he won them both, and they were reach events, so there's a possibility he remembers.

I actually tweeted at a variety of pros, wasn't sure if Roy was still on social media too much but I'll give it a shot!

I actually tweeted at a variety of pros, wasn't sure if Roy was still on social media too much but I'll give it a shot!

If my memory serves me right AGL1, and AGL 2 were both 10k events. with first place being 7500. after that the pools fluctuated were one event had a major spike in money then the next event having less. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If my memory serves me right AGL1, and AGL 2 were both 10k events. with first place being 7500. after that the pools fluctuated were one event had a major spike in money then the next event having less. 

As I recall Brad mentioned "guaranteed $10k" in some social media stuff from 2012, but I never saw a precise prize breakdown, that's interesting.  And right, AGL 8 had a bigger prize pool, but then it dropped for AGL 9 (too few teams attended)

A few of the AGLs were mainly meant for amateur local teams to show up. One or two pros attended them and the prize pool was a max of like $3k.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I first knew about competitive Halo back in 2012 when I stumbled across the stream for the Winter Championship Grand Finals.

After that finished I watched heaps of VODs of the previous events, and tuned in to watch AGL 1 but was really confused when I saw Roy playing for Status Quo.

Even more confused when Roy’s gamertag in the tournament was “All Arms APG”.

APGs choice of clothing must have been interesting!

As I recall Brad mentioned "guaranteed $10k" in some social media stuff from 2012, but I never saw a precise prize breakdown, that's interesting. And right, AGL 8 had a bigger prize pool, but then it dropped for AGL 9 (too few teams attended)

When I get home I’ll DM some of the winning AGL pros and try and find out

• Upvote (+1) 2

giphy.gif

Weekend was incredible. Looking forward to Seattle! :D

Bro. It's insane watching you blow up man. Seriously, your hard work is paying off. Much respect man, I'll see you there. We'll celebrate. Win or lose, you came a long way

I wasn’t sure if it was a serious enough event to include, a lot of pro league teams didn’t attend and OG+nV combined their rosters for it

What do you think? I’m not opposed to including it if people think it was a significant tourney

you could say the same thing for some of the CE/2 events.

True but imo it wouldn’t be fair to punish the guys who helped build the scene from nothing

The level of competition is way higher now than back in the day, no doubt about it

Props to 343 for posting the VoD to the Halo YT channel. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not sure I agree here. The CE/2 events were the only they had, and serious as can be as they established the old Pro Circuit that toured the country. Not to mention, there were 2v2 and 4v4 events in Halo 1 so some of the teams of course combined to form different ones in the 4v4 events. Pros came out to whichever events they could get to, and even then most of them were stuffed with talent from top pros to top Amateur players. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tasha gave a quick statement on DCs at Reset era

Just catching up with this after getting back from London a few hours ago - thank you for the support everyone!

We did some further testing because of the "lag" like someone else had pointed out earlier in the thread and made some networking changes. We changed all of the switches and removed a switch between server and the consoles. Grand Finals went off without a hitch, thankfully.

These crashes are definitely a high priority issue that the team is actively investigating and working on. I don't have any further updates passed that but hope to have more later this week or after.

If it’s just a matter of networking hardware issues, I’d like to think a resolution wouldn’t be too hard to come by.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Knoxville was sick though. Just tossing that out there. Playing their lazer tag for free was fucking legit. 

RIP Battlefield Knox

Tasha gave a quick statement on DCs at Reset era

Tasha is my favourite 343 employee.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lmao I was playing LoL in 2013. Those really were the Dark Days.

Same.

I booked a trip to PAX Prime 2013 when the actual PAX tickets went on sale that spring, partially because it's fucking PAX, but mostly for the NA Regional tournament.  Then a few months later 343/Virgin announced their whole H4GC thing.