CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah this sucks to be happening so often. Hopefully it gets fixed before Columbus. Feel really bad for everyone at Gfinity. They've put on an awesome show minus all the restarts. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I went to a local LAN in Michigan when the closed server app first dropped and I think we had ONE disconnect in 48 hours of constant gaming, and the disconnect wasn't even a server drop, only one person got booted. We were running it on pretty high end PCs so I'm thinking this is an issue from the hardware being used.

I was told they know what the bug is and it's gonna be fixed before our regionals, not sure if that means for the rest of the LANs. Hopefully it does get fixed though.

It does seem really questionable to run a server for any game via laptops/surfaces/whatever isn't actually a powerful device that could act as a reliable small server. I think I was talking about this with someone in Royal2's chat a couple days after the Orlando. If I tried to run a local server for any game I've ever ran servers for with a laptop it would run like trash. I guess I haven't tried it with H5 so I could just be wrong buuut its looking kinda bad

I saw in a thread on twitter someone who played the open bracket at Orlando saying they would disconnect when the surface tablet went to sleep. I don't even know what to say if that is true. Just, wow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I saw in a thread on twitter someone who played the open bracket at Orlando saying they would disconnect when the surface tablet went to sleep. I don't even know what to say if that is true. Just, wow.

If that's true, lmao. We can only hope it's that simple.

It does seem really questionable to run a server for any game via laptops/surfaces/whatever isn't actually a powerful device that could act as a reliable small server. I think I was talking about this with someone in Royal2's chat a couple days after the Orlando. If I tried to run a local server for any game I've ever ran servers for with a laptop it would run like trash. I guess I haven't tried it with H5 so I could just be wrong buuut its looking kinda bad

The high end surface pro should be OP for running 4v4s on the server app. I wonder what they are actually using.

Hey I'll defend him. I use to run CE with him a lot 2 years ago and he was legit at it and kicked everyone's ass.

...until I got a triple on him and his teammate in 2v2. I'll never let him forget lmao

yeah I ran CE with Batchford and Hard Way a while ago, Batch is pretty sick at that game

Good video, but some stats I would recommend looking into with Rockets/Sniper when talking about "Power Weapon Control"

Check these stats, specifically for those weapons:

Accuracy (How often the person is hitting per shot fired)

Kills Per Shot Fired (How efficiently the person is using these weapons that can average ABOVE 1 kill per shot)

Damage Dealt Per Shot Fired (How often the Sniper is hitting headshots, and how close to the target the rocket person is firing on average)

Damage Per Second (How much damage is being dealt per second with the weapons) -- this is one where a lower DPS may actually yield a higher win %, since it means you're potentially exerting more pressure through threat of the weapon being used rather than just using the weapon.

Thanks, Audley. Going forward, I definitely want to incorporate more specific stats like those into the analysis. I'll keep these in mind for then. This first analysis was much easier because there were only a few variables (which team won, and how long each team held the weapons for).

Another thing I want to do is look at how the game changes while a team has a power weapon. Does pace change, are they more likely to build a lead, do people seem to die/get kills in certain areas of the map, etc. 

@@Tashi

Starting next season I think it's time to eliminate the EU vs NA (and other region) distinctions. 

For viewership sake (Gfinity did such an amazing job and it's a shame we barely cracked 5K viewers), NA teams should have been able to compete in HCS London. Yes, I understand it's a qualifier, but the top 16 teams are the top 16 teams, period. EU teams like Vexxed, Fable, Infused, etc will still make the top 16 for Worlds regardless, and you get the benefit of EU teams getting better practice against NA teams at more events. This will allow EU to grow WITH the NA scene rather than getting spanked by the top 4 since they hardly get to compete against NA teams. Imagine how good Infused could be if they had consistent practice against squads like nV, REC, Splyce, Optic, etc?

Just a thought. Hopefully this will change for Halo 6 when MLG runs an Open Circuit ;)

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Congrats to Infused,

Pretty wild that they only placed 10th at Orlando. Really puts the gap in perspective.

Hopefully this will change for Halo 6 when MLG runs an Open Circuit ;)

lol you're gonna be pissed when Virgin Gaming returns.

@@Tashi

Starting next season I think it's time to eliminate the EU vs NA (and other region) distinctions. 

For viewership sake (Gfinity did such an amazing job and it's a shame we barely cracked 5K viewers), NA teams should have been able to compete in HCS London. Yes, I understand it's a qualifier, but the top 16 teams are the top 16 teams, period. EU teams like Vexxed, Fable, Infused, etc will still make the top 16 for Worlds regardless, and you get the benefit of EU teams getting better practice against NA teams at more events. This will allow EU to grow WITH the NA scene rather than getting spanked by the top 4 since they hardly get to compete against NA teams. Imagine how good Infused could be if they had consistent practice against squads like nV, REC, Splyce, Optic, etc?

Just a thought. Hopefully this will change for Halo 6 when MLG runs an Open Circuit ;)

it makes 0 sense for NA teams to be at a EU regional qualifier 

W2Aka00.png

bracket: https://www.gfinity.net/halo-5/cups/halo-world-championship/halowc-london/bracket

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Mixer chat stays more on topic then TB.

Also I don't have to close it. Never thought this would happen but I may stay on mixer from now on for these events.

Congrats to Infused,

Pretty wild that they only placed 10th at Orlando. Really puts the gap in perspective.

In their defense, they ran into nV in Winners Round 1

And then ran into eL Town, Sabinater, Suspector, and Artic and lost 2-3.  That team went on to 3-0 Str8 in the next round and lose 3-1 to Reciprocity.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wait, can someone tell me what happened? I didn't watch anything today but I'm seeing upset posts.

Thanks.

Vexed is a lot better than they showed in the grand finals

it was exhausting to watch that many replays/disconnects

imagine actually trying your absolute hardest on the biggest stage and then the game restarts, it has to be draining 

• Upvote (+1) 4