CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If everyone played like Shottzy we’d just have a bunch of shitty Shottzy’s running around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why don't all the pros put in the effort to improve their movement? Seems like shotzy is on an island when it comes to movement.

I always see jimbo playing on custom jump forge maps

Some others might but they don’t stream so I wouldn’t know :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's pretty much it aside from him sometimes just continuing the speak very loudly even though the hype has been gone and hes talking about something entirely unrelated. Hes just bad at speaking and it gets on some people's nerves. I personally really don't care about it usually

The biggest issue is that we have so many good casters, that there is no reason To have him cast. He hasnt really improved in the past couple of years but hes casting whaile bravo walshy simms onset or wonderboy sit on the sidelines. Hes a great analyst so why not put him where his strengths are?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why don't all the pros put in the effort to improve their movement? Seems like shotzy is on an island when it comes to movement.

It's similar to the reason why Jordan and Kobe were successful; they went the extra mile to put in the time to perfect their individual game. If players don't have the drive to improve aspects of their individual game then that's entirely on them and it seems like a large sum of pros fall into that category.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Most people here watch more HCS than I do. Most of what I’ve seen from Strongside has been fine imo. He trips over words sometimes or struggles to find the right word, but I don’t have an issue with him. Can someone fill me in on what his shortcomings are? I make an effort to cast as many major Halo CE lans as I can, so this type of feedback is pretty valuable to me.

Strongside is my least favorite because all he does is say what he’s seeing on screen. I’ve never once heard anything about spawns, rotations, setups, where/why they should push something, etc.. in real time. T2 on the other hand is great at this.

As a scrub, part of why I watch the pros is to see what they’re doing, but the other part is to find out why they’re doing it. So unless the commentary has an actual analysis aspect to it, I’d rather just hear a listen-in.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If Side used 50% of his usual total words in a cast he would be considerably better and not lose anything of value in what he's saying. I think he has a good voice for casting and he obviously knows the game, he just talks himself into dizziness sometimes it seems. He shouldn't do so much play-by-play.

• Upvote (+1) 4

"WILL HE GRAB THE SNIPER?!"

"YES HE WILL GRAB THE SNIPER!!!!"

My issue with SS ^^^

"PLAYER X WITH THE DOUBLE KILL *as player x dies* WILL HE GET THE TRIPLE? NO HE WON'T"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Optic has been thoroughly exposed as AR kids ever since they haven't been able to get a single tournament win since automatic removals.

You are the Stugotz of these forums GG

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Bad Dub Under MVP when looking at a series page (ie http://halodatahive.com/Scrim/Summary/3394), the mvp is listed as "Button". I know the kid is good, but he can't be mvp of a series he wasn't even in.

Side note, of course OpTic lost. Lethul had the highest KD on the team  :lxthul:

Edit: So, there is supposed to be a 'vote' button there. Some sourcecode just didn't load properly I suppose

• Upvote (+1) 1

Worst Strongside situation that makes me turn off the stream - something insignificant happens, he starts to scream , trying to describe everything what happens on screen, but as H5 is a fast game, before he finishes what he wanted to say, another thousand things happen, his eyes sees it, but his mouth is still trying to finish what he started seconds ago, cycling himself to the point, where the other caster has to jump in, finishing what Side started. Watch him do this, than switch to CsGo for couple of minutes. Feel the difference

• Upvote (+1) 8

This is how optic works dawg. Take 2nd a few events by sandbagging, giving splyce over confidence, then actually try at world's (;

Greenwall

I'm not counting out Optic by any means, but this was the most mortal they've look in the history of H5 IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1