CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

:simms:

It's funny because it doesn't really disprove the point at all.

I mean TriPPPey and Rammy were AMs that kind of came out of nowhere. I remember when Shotzzy was a 2v2 TB kid and I haven't heard of Neptune til recently. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is the a massive increase of new pro players this Halo?

If so why?

I mean, consider that the player base for Halo has gotten older in the last 8 years or so. I'd guess that a vast majority of people who were AMs in 2010 have moved on to either other games or just in life in general. Coupled with the fact that Halo 5 is not the classic Halo formula/requires a lot of muscle memory and you have a recipe for younger kids like Shotzzy to blow up in the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Coming back around to this giant blog post I made in December, "we've" released a video form of the analysis. I feel like a 5 minute summary video is much more accessible to most people than a 3000 word essay. 

I'm not a video editing/production whiz, so I'd appreciate any feedback you guys have on the content or presentation. I know it's not ideal to release the video counterpart to a post 2 months apart, but better late than never, right?

dudeeeeeee that was so cool

• Upvote (+1) 1

Coming back around to this giant blog post I made in December, "we've" released a video form of the analysis. I feel like a 5 minute summary video is much more accessible to most people than a 3000 word essay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f119OZ-L7k

I'm not a video editing/production whiz, so I'd appreciate any feedback you guys have on the content or presentation. I know it's not ideal to release the video counterpart to a post 2 months apart, but better late than never, right?

This was insanely cool. Great work!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quick play is the sweatiest playlist in h5

Dude. You're not kidding. I've never seen kids try harder in my life than in quick play. There's no fucking around in this game. Lmao
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like Commonly is running with Demon D and Nebuula. Not sure on who the 4th is. If Dan lands on this team then they could be dangerous.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Shooter, falcated, and contra also running with tapping over Devon tonight. Didn't think he could play for an NA team?

iirc, he could play at live events, just not 2ks.(for some reason)

chillax playing H5 is the customs browser, which I think 343 does not get nearly enough credit for, imo the most important development in Halo since Theater mode

THIS. Stupid custom games and clan recruitments to destory.

• Upvote (+1) 1

iirc, he could play at live events, just not 2ks.(for some reason)

Probably because he'd be playing from Mexico. Imo it would be pretty risky picking him up. He would have no pro points and could get them bracket fucked plus he was just having visa issues for Orlando who's to say the same issue won't arise for Columbus.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

LMAO so true, I feel like it's literally 90% platinum-onyx HCS playlist kids warming up

honestly the only place I can truly chillax playing H5 is the customs browser, which I think 343 does not get nearly enough credit for, imo the most important development in Halo since Theater mode

THIS. Stupid custom games and clan recruitments to destory.

If history tells us anything, 343 will remove it from Halo 6 for no apparent reason. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This top level content is why i check these forums.

video editing is awesome. I love it when people recreate a relevant scenario instead of just playing generic gameplay in the background

• Upvote (+1) 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f119OZ-L7k

Thats pretty damn cool. I wish during post game analysis, they’d go more into weapon time of possession and power up effeciency instead of focusing on K/D. I’m not sure how plausible that is live though.

• Upvote (+1) 1