CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Holy shit, I didn't realize who I was talking to.

Yeah I'm Red.

Wait, you like Jedi Mind Tricks, think highly of the pros I like, you enjoy Halo CE, and you have an Old Boy gif in your signature?

You have incredible taste in entertainment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even at this venue, we expecting seats to sell out? How quick would VIP typically go? Is VIP seating worth the price? Tell me what I want to hear so I buy air fare and my way in the door and worry about convincing the wife later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, you like Jedi Mind Tricks, think highly of the pros I like, you enjoy Halo CE, and you have an Old Boy gif in your signature?

You have incredible taste in entertainment.

Thank you kind sir :simms:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I was so close to just saying screw it and getting a ticket for Worlds. I was fully prepared for the thousands of dollars it was gonna cost too.

But I can't get confirmed time off work at the moment which sucks because when you're planning on flying over 24 hours to be there you kind of want to have everything booked well in advance.

Looks like I'll be joining you guys on the MLG chat instead!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would like a free flight and accommodation from Australia please.

But seriously, I thought Sandman was paid. I didn't know he did this stuff out of passion. Wow. Someone pay the man.

no your flag almost made me a nazi so they had to remove all the flag weapon skins.

• Upvote (+1) 1

no your flag almost made me a nazi so they had to remove all the flag weapon skins.

I don't think you know how nazis or weapon skins work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think you know how nazis or weapon skins work.

Are you sure about that?

i tried to throwback to a joke about becoming a nazi when they removed the flag skins because of the current climate.

I finally caught up on Orlando VoDs and managed to avoid spoilers! Don't have time to read ~70 pages of forum posts though.

Did I miss any important stories, drama, announcements, etc. regarding competitive Halo and its community since Saturday afternoon? How were the viewership numbers for the tournament on Saturday and Sunday?

I finally caught up on Orlando VoDs and managed to avoid spoilers! Don't have time to read ~70 pages of forum posts though.

Did I miss any important stories, drama, announcements, etc. regarding competitive Halo and its community since Saturday afternoon? How were the viewership numbers for the tournament on Saturday and Sunday?

Well showtime (the old coach for E6 if you remember) and some others might be getting banned/in trouble for harassing a ref, besides that not much happened

and the viewership was really good imo, especially considering it was a fairly low stakes LAN

F3knJ87.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are you sure about that?

i tried to throwback to a joke about becoming a nazi when they removed the flag skins because of the current climate.

EaE3piw.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Think about that, at a minimum this month alone he will get $175,000 just from subs. Hes probably on track to earn around ~$4,000,000 this year lmao, that is absolutely INSANE for someone sitting at a computer playing video games

When lethul used to stream, he said he was getting 3.50 a sub, and bigger streamers like ninja were getting $4.

I wish they'd have a world's event on the east. I'm always terrified of flying.

See you at world's if we don't crash and burn into hell fire.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well showtime (the old coach for E6 if you remember) and some others might be getting banned/in trouble for harassing a ref, besides that not much happened

and the viewership was really good imo, especially considering it was a fairly low stakes LAN

F3knJ87.png

My god how are you so good at being on top of everything. What would we do without you?
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Not trying to beat a dead horse or anything, just wanted to give some perspective. Sledgehammer games releases updates biweekly for CoD WW2, and often times they are ahead of the curve. I see comments on the reddit post of, “wow, you guys didn’t waste anytime” and “man, I was gone for 2 days and you guys already did this fix”. Not trying to bring 343 down but maybe with H6 they can roll out updates and hot fixes quicker. The only thing this game is missing is being able to party to4 in ranked, but this is also getting added soon.

Won’t be making the worlds trip but I am going to be tuning in all season!!

Sitting here at Gfinity while the FFA gets played - there's not much to see yet, but they're playing Halo soundtracks and there are a lot of seats filled.

Had a chat with @@Tashi earlier about the state of affairs going into Seattle and how the international scene has been gradually closing the gap as teams from other regions continue to attend and benefit from the experience of US events.

Finally, you can sort of feel an undercurrent of excitement throughout the venue. There's going to be a lot of hype when the 4v4 kicks off and the real drama begins. I can't wait to see who qualifies for Finals this weekend.

Must be nice to have events in your area for once. I couldn't imagine the, what? 16 hours flights you take over here? Have fun man. You going to be coming out to Seattle?

Must be nice to have events in your area for once. I couldn't imagine the, what? 16 hours flights you take over here? Have fun man. You going to be coming out to Seattle?

I don't mind flying to be honest. I find it easy enough to sleep most of the time away.

The cost and jet lag on the return are the most annoying parts.

I bought my ticket for Seattle but I'm waiting to sort out flights and hotel etc until after this weekend.

F3knJ87.png

This is only twitch right ?

I don't mind flying to be honest. I find it easy enough to sleep most of the time away.

The cost and jet lag on the return are the most annoying parts.

I bought my ticket for Seattle but I'm waiting to sort out flights and hotel etc until after this weekend.

Word. That's my delima as well. If I come out you know I'll be saying what's up.

I am pumped for HCS London to get started in about 30 minutes. Really looking forward to not getting that much done at work today.

My top 4 predictions for who gets spots to Worlds 

1) Infused

2) Vexed

3) Fable

4) Myztro  

I just don't see another team getting top 4 besides these teams. But what do I know my Orlando predictions were shit. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is only twitch right ?

yup just twitch (cause it's the easiest to track and most important IMO)

i saw the twitter stream hit 16k and we probably had another 4k+ from all the other platforms combined

Bought my ticket for Worlds last night. This will be the first Halo event I've ever attended, and I'm really excited to see MLG put on an amazing event. I don't post much on here since I'm usually just catching up during downtime at work, but I look forward to meeting some of y'all there! 

• Upvote (+1) 9