CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo will have to generate quite the audience to have him believe in changing his stream game. He is living his dream right now and I bet he is careful not to mess it up. 

I don't think Luminosity knew the potential they actual brought onto their team. His exposure is more than anyone right now. That's even up against a comeback from Doc in the same genre of game.

yeah he's likely making $4m or so this year.  

but here's the thing; when you're rich, you can do things that you want to do, without worrying about it costing you money.  it's not out of the realm of possibility that Ninja could play H6, at launch, in between Fortnite / BR streams, even if it lost him a bit of revenue.  if H6 is even reasonably good, then viewership would probably be high in the first couple weeks anyway; I remember during launch week of H5, a few of the big individual streamers were playing it with 20k viewers iirc.  

now, will Ninja switch full-time back to Halo?  lol no

• Upvote (+1) 2

yeah he's likely making $4m or so this year.  

but here's the thing; when you're rich, you can do things that you want to do, without worrying about it costing you money.  it's not out of the realm of possibility that Ninja could play H6, at launch, in between Fortnite / BR streams, even if it lost him a bit of revenue.  if H6 is even reasonably good, then viewership would probably be high in the first couple weeks anyway; I remember during launch week of H5, a few of the big individual streamers were playing it with 20k viewers iirc.  

now, will Ninja switch full-time back to Halo?  lol no

If H6 is good and on PC, I think he will play it a lot 

Ninja doesnt take any days off either. Cool for him but its gonna have its drawbacks eventually. The overwhelming majority of his viewers are there for Fortnite and nothing else. You can tell by how much he streams thats hes terrified to lose the momentum hes got.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Ninja doesnt take any days off either. Cool for him but its gonna have its drawbacks eventually. The overwhelming majority of his viewers are there for Fortnite and nothing else. You can tell by how much he streams thats hes terrified to lose the momentum hes got.

Dude what? He's literally always been a grinder. And how is it gonna have drawbacks? He works hard and is slated to make a fuckton this year. More than most people make in their entire lives. How could you possibly see what this man has and think negatively at all? Lmao
  • Upvote (+1) 9

That's a really strange and pessimistic conclusion to draw from the amount that he is streaming.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude what? He's literally always been a grinder. And how is it gonna have drawbacks? He works hard and is slated to make a fuckton this year. More than most people make in their entire lives. How could you possibly see what this man has and think negatively at all? Lmao

He wasnt streaming every single day like he does now. Hes gonna burn himself out. It happens to all of them. And yea, unless he loses all his subs or viewers, you guys can forget about him playing Halo 6 competitively. 

• Downvote (-1) 9

That's a really strange and pessimistic conclusion to draw from the amount that he is streaming.

You realize its just gonna be him reading off subscriber names eventually right? You think thats entertaining or fun?

• Downvote (-1) 7

You realize its just gonna be him reading off subscriber names eventually right? You think thats entertaining or fun?

The people subbing to him are his supporters, he reads off there name to show that he gives a shit about his fans and thanks them for supporting him. Without them, he wouldn't be making near the money he is right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He wasnt streaming every single day like he does now. Hes gonna burn himself out. It happens to all of them. And yea, unless he loses all his subs or viewers, you guys can forget about him playing Halo 6 competitively.

He still takes a day off from time to time for date days with the wife. He’s going hard but he seems to be keeping his priorities in line.

As far as H6 goes, if the battle royale segment maintains its current popularity, he might play it once or twice on release for shits and giggles. Outside of that, he knows where his bread and butter is and that’s where he’ll stay.

As far as him coming on as a personality, guys, have you heard the way he talks about 343? They aren’t bringing him onto a broadcast for a 343 sanctioned event.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He still takes a day off from time to time for date days with the wife. He’s going hard but he seems to be keeping his priorities in line.

As far as H6 goes, if the battle royale segment maintains its current popularity, he might play it once or twice on release for shits and giggles. Outside of that, he knows where his bread and butter is and that’s where he’ll stay.

As far as him coming on as a personality, guys, have you heard the way he talks about 343? They aren’t bringing him onto a broadcast for a 343 sanctioned event.

Probably a little terrifying to have someone that popular and knowledgeable about Halo on stream when he has absolutely no reason to hold back or pretend things are better/different than they are. Most of the time you hear from people that were in his position they have a personal stake in how successful and well received the game is. That's not to say they all just outright lie but he doesn't have to put his complaints in the DMs or hold his tongue because its better for himself to do so. Literally no current Halo pro is about to martyr themselves by putting everything bad/wrong out in public and actually calling people on their shit but Ninja could spill it all with no personal risk

• Upvote (+1) 1

The people subbing to him are his supporters, he reads off there name to show that he gives a shit about his fans and thanks them for supporting him. Without them, he wouldn't be making near the money he is right now. 

Thank you for telling me how twitch works....

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Just bought 4 so I can entice my friends to come with. Waffling on whether I want to grab a VIP ticket for myself.

See you guys in Seattle.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Tickets ordered - see you fuckers in the VIP line in April.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just bought 4 so I can entice my friends to come with. Waffling on whether I want to grab a VIP ticket for myself.

See you guys in Seattle.

I briefly considered grabbing VIP tickets, but since both my wife and I are going I didn't really feel like spending ~$300 for tickets.

Or I could've gotten 1 VIP ticket and made my wife wait with the rabble  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I briefly considered grabbing VIP tickets, but since both my wife and I are going I didn't really feel like spending ~$300 for tickets.

Or I could've gotten 1 VIP ticket and made my wife wait with the rabble  :thinking:

I got too hype on it being in Seattle and bought myself a VIP so I can breathe heavily behind @@Moa in line.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just got my VIP ticket Incase I’m unable to get media pass or find someone to shoot for.

Worlds hype boys!

• Upvote (+1) 9

See you guys in Seattle.

Go for the VIP ticket, because I was silly enough to drop the extra $100 for it so someone else should as well.

See you boys in line. @@Moa @@Pono

• Upvote (+1) 2