CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In the future, try to make your point without a veil of douchebaggery that pretty much negates any decent arguments you present, especially if you're wanting 343 to look at it.

This conversation reminds me of probably the simplest video explanation of why enhanced mobility in Halo games isn't actually enhanced mobility, and negatively impacts the game overall.

Video credit: @@phil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6YdPRyW0DA

Nothing I presented was douchebaggery, that's your prejudice of me. And that is fine, I am a fucking asshole, but I attempted to keep that segment clean cut. 

And also my argument isn't about maps and mobility. At all. This is what I am talking about. The  issue I'm attempting to spotlight that isn't talked about enough is lowering our weapons for more mobility. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

My argument is that the way in which we interact with other players in combat has changed significantly, and that has deterred people away from Halo. Don't see how that's a bad premise

Read what he said again.

Nothing I presented was douchebaggery, that's your prejudice of me. And that is fine, I am a fucking asshole, but I attempted to keep that segment clean cut.

You didn't do a very good job.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

^ we got a scrim boys! (no streams)

would be crazy is frya won that

Thanks for the heads up! Gonna keep an eye on this for.. reasons.  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 5

And also my argument isn't about maps and mobility. At all. This is what I am talking about. The  issue I'm attempting to spotlight that isn't talked about enough is lowering our weapons for more mobility. 

I mean the video says, and I quote...

"In Halo 5, you're restricted to an animation the entire time, whereas in Halo 2 you can shoot, throw grenades, and even turn 360 degrees all while moving at top speed."

"Forcing players to face a ledge and lower their gun isn't enhancement, it's an unnecessary restriction."

We all know what's wrong with H5 movement, and 343 knows what we think is wrong with the movement.  Not sure why you're trying to educate us.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I mean the video says, and I quote...

"In Halo 5, you're restricted to an animation the entire time, whereas in Halo 2 you can shoot, throw grenades, and even turn 360 degrees all while moving at top speed."

"Forcing players to face a ledge and lower their gun isn't enhancement, it's an unnecessary restriction."

We all know what's wrong with H5 movement, and 343 knows what we think is wrong with the movement.  Not sure why you're trying to educate us.

But that isn't the MAIN point of the video, but yes, that's the type of thing that needs to be emphasized more and more and I believe it's never discussed enough. It's always about running away and map size, which they're not wrong to discuss these things either. I just think weapon lowering gets lost when it's the most important thing that affect Halo imho 

bump

^if anyone wants to save halo

What I'd like to see in MCC is halo 3 been fucking removed or at least make it like those RNG lootboxes where halo 3 is the rare item with a 0.00001% chance of getting

• Downvote (-1) 5

But that isn't the MAIN point of the video, but yes, that's the type of thing that needs to be emphasized more and more and I believe it's never discussed enough. It's always about running away and map size, which they're not wrong to discuss these things either. I just think weapon lowering gets lost when it's the most important thing that affect Halo imho

I feel like the need to lower your weapon is always the focal point of the sprint discussion- you have to make a bunch of sacrifices (put your gun down & face your direction of travel) just to move at the speed the maps are designed for. With the sprint mechanic, you are perpetually in a state of compromise- you’re either moving too slow, or you are neutering your ability to stay aware and deal damage.

I literally learned that perspective from discussion on here, so I really can’t say it isn’t discussed enough.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What I'd like to see in MCC is halo 3 been fucking removed or at least make it like those RNG lootboxes where halo 3 is the rare item with a 0.00001% chance of getting

.....WHY?

Okay my pretties, it's time to get down to it.

Sprint needs to go. We all know why so let me try to keep it short and simple. 

We all know sprint changes the maps, and hit boxes and all that stuff we don't need to go over it. 

BUT I think it's very important to point out the BIGGEST MOST DESTRUCTIVE PART OF IT THAT IS CHOKING THE LIFE OUT OF HALO. What is it? Here it is. 

How we interact in fights now. That's the key. Sprint has forever changed how we interact with opponents in matches. 

For example we all know people will run. Okay, why is that. It's simple? They have the ability to. This isn't a question of mechanics. It's a question of the rules of the game, and this changed the rules, and before sprint the rule was SPACE YOURSELF AND THINK PROPERLY ABOUT YOUR POSITION/COVER/ANGLES..

These things matter. You could not blindly run around and live to tell the tail. Okay. And you're all sitting here thinking "okay we know this Humpflung, why are you going over this shit again."

The reason being is because how the dynamics of combat worked is what made Halo what it was. And no matter where you were on the map, no matter who was on what team, no matter if you were good or bad, one thisng was certain. Your gun was always drawn. Never ever ever did you ever point that sucker down. 

THAT is the biggest factor that has made Halo lose it's special spice. That is the biggest problem sprint has brought to the table, and you could make that a good argument for getting rid of clamber too but as far as the bigger picture goes. sprint impacts this the most. 

The way we approach fights, how we run flags, how trick jumps work, how we defend ourselves when we're at the disadvantage, and thousands of other micro details I could go over are affected by sprint. The biggest element is the inability to shoot and traverse the map 100% of the time 100% of any match. That changes everything and how the game feels overall and it has to change or else Halo will have forever lost it's identity and an experience you couldn't get anywhere else, and cannot ever get again.

Seinfeld-Takes-Shot-of-Hennigans.gif?fit

• Upvote (+1) 4

5XTwGpR.png

here are the broadcast times for EU Regionals

please tune in and support global halo, the gfinity arena is pretty dope and the EU crowd gets very hype

shit im not getting any work done friday

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looking at the stats, Saiyan has been an absolute monster in the slayer matches against Fyra. Currently has 57 out of the 150 kills from EnVy and averaging over 3k damage per game.

Obviously, he's getting great support from his squad, but it's incredible seeing consistent stats like that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Saiyan leading in kills in the series against Fyra makes me wish I could watch his stream  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just here so I don't get fined.

I'm a Patriots fan obviously and I've seen some fucking great shit from Bill Belichick, but that Marshawn moment is one my favorite things I've ever seen in the NFL.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't let all these politically correct snowflakes get you down.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1