CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I might suggest focusing more on that exam, my man. lol

Sprint in H6 confirmed. :(

Edit: or not.. maybe they don't want to hear it because it's already removed?!?!

No Sprint H6 confirmed!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh boy, it's 2018 and I can't believe I'm going to type out a fucking essay LITERALLY THE NIGHT BEFORE I GO TO CLASS TOMORROW TO WRITE AN EXAM ESSAY, but since we have 343 staff lurking, I'm about to drop some Humpknowledge on this shit.

Going to drink a beer and have a smoke before I write this up. Prepare your butts

Can't wait for the tirade of unnecessary caps and speculation to be passed off as fact drenched in self-righteous indignation.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

Okay my pretties, it's time to get down to it.

Sprint needs to go. We all know why so let me try to keep it short and simple. 

We all know sprint changes the maps, and hit boxes and all that stuff we don't need to go over it. 

BUT I think it's very important to point out the BIGGEST MOST DESTRUCTIVE PART OF IT THAT IS CHOKING THE LIFE OUT OF HALO. What is it? Here it is. 

How we interact in fights now. That's the key. Sprint has forever changed how we interact with opponents in matches. 

For example we all know people will run. Okay, why is that. It's simple? They have the ability to. This isn't a question of mechanics. It's a question of the rules of the game, and this changed the rules, and before sprint the rule was SPACE YOURSELF AND THINK PROPERLY ABOUT YOUR POSITION/COVER/ANGLES..

These things matter. You could not blindly run around and live to tell the tail. Okay. And you're all sitting here thinking "okay we know this Humpflung, why are you going over this shit again."

The reason being is because how the dynamics of combat worked is what made Halo what it was. And no matter where you were on the map, no matter who was on what team, no matter if you were good or bad, one thisng was certain. Your gun was always drawn. Never ever ever did you ever point that sucker down. 

THAT is the biggest factor that has made Halo lose it's special spice. That is the biggest problem sprint has brought to the table, and you could make that a good argument for getting rid of clamber too but as far as the bigger picture goes. sprint impacts this the most. 

The way we approach fights, how we run flags, how trick jumps work, how we defend ourselves when we're at the disadvantage, and thousands of other micro details I could go over are affected by sprint. The biggest element is the inability to shoot and traverse the map 100% of the time 100% of any match. That changes everything and how the game feels overall and it has to change or else Halo will have forever lost it's identity and an experience you couldn't get anywhere else, and cannot ever get again.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Stellar use of white space, my dude. Not in any way annoying or completely unnecessary.

:lxthul: 

Not an English class, I hope?

• Upvote (+1) 2

That was surprisingly tame.

OT: A sweet QoL feature would be the ability to spectate someone while waiting to join their game in progress at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Why are you explaining this like we don't agree with you or don't understand?

Because I do not think it's emphasized enough that the biggest factor that sprint affects is combat. People talk about everything else but not enough about player interaction 

K guys, you don't want to take it seriously, then 343 won't. Then you'll bitch about it in Halo 6. Good luck. If anybody here bitches about sprint that isn't going to discuss how it affects player interaction, you're a hypocrite 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

K guys, you don't want to take it seriously, then 343 won't. Then you'll bitch about it in Halo 6. Good luck. If anybody here bitches about sprint that isn't going to discuss how it affects player interaction, you're a hypocrite

What’s the point in discussing something that most of us agree with? Go to Waypoint or r/halo if it makes you feel accomplished.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

What’s the point in discussing something that most of us agree with? Go to Waypoint or r/halo if it makes you feel accomplished.

Because why the fuck would be not want MLG and 343 to fucking listen? 

I mean we know Clap gets it but while we have 343 guys lurking might as well try to get them in a discussion but, now that I think about it these people have the same mindset as the people who made the last jedi then yup, actually it's a waste of my time. 

Yup. Okay. Now I see the light. Time to get drunk. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Dawg that one beer must've fucked your head up. Like we have had this EXACT conversation 8000 times you're not some pioneer. People have written actual essays with 50x your eloquence on the topic already. You're just lame lol.

I made it short and simple.I don't need to get repugnant. And once again, we want to discuss these things while 343 is lurking. Not in our echo chamber. 

The way you presented your argument is why they forget their passwords.

My argument is that the way in which we interact with other players in combat has changed significantly, and that has deterred people away from Halo. Don't see how that's a bad premise