CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is Showtime somebody? Should I know who he is?

Who else did he team with

He was the coach of E6 during the Stellur contract drama and was the coach who submitted the fake roster at Worlds last year for Cratos.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The ref may have made an overzealous call if all he did was yell "go back to Halo 3" at someone, but the way these kids are acting is ridiculous

• Upvote (+1) 1

The ref may have made an overzealous call if all he did was yell "go back to Halo 3" at someone, but the way these kids are acting is ridiculous

That was an infraction and a warning per the rules...one of many issues

I too am writing a post-mortem (for the whole event, in fact) and would also like to hear people's feedback on Observer Mode and the Bravo stream.

But you and I should hit the DMs soon and master this new-era Halo Observing.

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you this weekend as well!

We should arrange some sort of Campaign shenanigans at Columbus. You'd be surprised at my speedrunning and lore-laden talents  :simms:

I'll talk about mine and Harry's observing process in my post-mortem, but in general I think its safe to say that we definitely saw the holes/flaws in our work when they cropped up. Each of us was observing in completely different ways throughout the entire weekend, and only got to combine our powers (DBZ fusion dance style) for the two series at the very end.

Flag run/route tracking was my job in specific, and it definitely did not come across visually how I wanted it to for this event. As we get more matches under our belt, it's just going to look even better.

We still have a lot of stuff to experiment with (didn't get to use Observer Mode for a Slayer stalemate, etc) and a lot of kinks to iron out but I'm happy with this first observing 'prototype' that we were able to create for Orlando.

Also, this picture. Holy fuck, my sides.

So ... what's the chance you run a practice stream observing a scrim before Columbus? It would be really cool for bouncing ideas around and trying stuff out!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought those clowns were done with Halo... it would be great if Halo would make their exit permanent.

They've been nothing but an embarrassment for everyone involved with Halo from the start. Its insane how they can have issues with every TO involved with Halo and somehow they haven't just been permanently removed by now

I don't follow any of the people who were involved on Twitter, but I am seeing warnings about conduct popping up left, right, and center, so I'm assuming some serious shit went down.

• Downvote (-1) 1

b-but cratos is GOOD for halo! he's so wacky and fun and we NEED a villain who screams profanities at refs as they're leaving the venue, blatantly cheats, and tries to frame his former teammates!

• Downvote (-1) 5

Well you all know I'm a fan of not giving a shit and stirring shit up. Can we please not ruin these MLG sponsored world events guys? K thanks.

Also @@Clap

I literally bitched and moaned the last 3 years about HCS events not being lound enough due to a lack of crowd mics.

Thank you for being a smart person. Made the stream enjoyable. I just can't believe this little production detail has just flew over people's head the last few years....

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just coming back into the Halo eSports scene, who are the strongest teams/players right now. Upcoming talent? I stop watching mid Halo 5.

I see Lunchbox still has a team, where is Roy?

Just coming back into the Halo eSports scene, who are the strongest teams/players right now. Upcoming talent? I stop watching mid Halo 5.

I see Lunchbox still has a team, where is Roy?

Splyce (Shotzzy, Renegade, Stellur, Eco) just won the last event. Optic (Snakebite, Royal2, Frosty, Lethul) have made the finals of every single H5 event, but they've "only" won 1 of the past 4 events (ever since autos and radar were removed). Envy (Ola, bubu dubu, Saiyan, Trippey) sit in a comfortable 3rd place who can strongly contend the top 2 (they 3-0 Optic in the last tournament, but were beaten 4-2 by them in the Loser's Finals) and Reciprocity (Snipedown, Mikwen, Penguin, Spartan) are 4th.

Roy retired. Neptune is probably the strongest new player and is teaming with Lunch, Ace, and APG.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Splyce (Shotzzy, Renegade, Stellur, Eco) just won the last event. Optic (Snakebite, Royal2, Frosty, Lethul) have made the finals of every single H5 event, but they've "only" won 1 of the past 4 events (ever since autos and radar were removed). Envy (Ola, bubu dubu, Saiyan, Trippey) sit in a comfortable 3rd place who can strongly contend the top 2 (they 3-0 Optic in the last tournament, but were beaten 4-2 by them in the Loser's Finals) and Reciprocity (Snipedown, Mikwen, Penguin, Spartan) are 4th.

Roy retired. Neptune is probably the strongest new player and is teaming with Lunch, Ace, and APG.

Cheers thanks man. I tuned in to the open and saw Ola and I thought I went back in time, looks like he got younger lol.

is Saiyan the old halo pro? he made a comeback

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know how pro athletes sometimes have a posse whose only talent is patronizing the pro? 

That's how I picture Showtime, the only difference is the athletes are Halo players, and they're not pros at it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine a world where 343 Industries reveals a classic-style Halo 6 at the Halo World Championship, run by MLG, where a cool million goes to first.  :walshy:

I didn't post much during the event so just wanted to take a second and thank @@Clap for both this weekend and what we have now, looking forward. That was easily the most fun I've had watching Halo since X-Games and some of the H2A tournaments a few years back. And a big thanks to all the talent too, it was such a good show. Was especially glad to see Goldenboy back; he was excellent on the desk.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So ... what's the chance you run a practice stream observing a scrim before Columbus? It would be really cool for bouncing ideas around and trying stuff out!

that's a really good idea. @@Infinity could observe some 2ks on the beyond channel and we could even have @@Clicked and/or @@FrankTheShow cast

• Upvote (+1) 1