CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

lol what

That should have just been written as “Contra”. That dude is way too good to be on a team with two retirees and Dan.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That should have just been written as “Contra”. That dude is way too good to be on a team with two retirees and Dan.

Yeah, ContrA absolutely needs to get onto a new squad, he is one of the best out of the top 4

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, ContrA absolutely needs to get onto a new squad, he is one of the best out of the top 4

Damn.  I just checked a bunch of stats on him from the lan and recent 2ks/scrims.  KD, damage, damage/death,  and even objective workload are consistently the best on the team. Assists are average.  Sometimes he is #2 but even when that is the case its not always the same teammate that is above him so he is certainly the most consistent.

Statistically speaking, he is definitely outperforming the rest of his team by a not-insignificant margin.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Damn.  I just checked a bunch of stats on him from the lan and recent 2ks/scrims.  KD, damage, damage/death,  and even objective workload are consistently the best on the team. Assists are average.  Sometimes he is #2 but even when that is the case its not always the same teammate that is above him so he is certainly the most consistent.

Statistically speaking, he is definitely outperforming the rest of his team by a not-insignificant margin.

His reputation got tarnished on EG playing with 2gre, that team was a massive fuck up

• Upvote (+1) 1

fBL2WjL.gif

WARNING: Mobile Users - 90MB GIF inside.

I haven't laughed this hard in awhile. good on you sir 

Shooter, Danoxide, Contra, Ryanoob would be a pretty sick team imo

Also El Town has been an AM for like a year now, right?  lol

If Nv were to pick up Snip3down, that squad would be close to splyce, hes the best slayer not on splyce right now (arguably the best slayer in the game).

I picked

1) Nv

2) Splyce

3) Optic

4) Rec

I was pretty close, but splyce is just too good right now, if Nv were to drop trip for Eric, that squad would be a serious contender.

I don’t think Ola wants more of Eric.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

So the thing with replacing trippey is that is a shortsighted move imo.  It seems that he has improved as a player and hopefully with hard work will continue to do so.  Best move is to keep him on the team and keep grinding.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Contra isn't too good to team with Dan lmao what. Dan is easily on the same level. Easily. He could get a spot on a better team at any moment.

Did anybody say that?  I think the argument was if a player on that team were to get poached, it would be Contra.  That's the only argument i was making anyway.  Well, trying to anyway lol

Contra isn't too good to team with Dan lmao what. Dan is easily on the same level. Easily. He could get a spot on a better team at any moment.

Dan tilts WAY too hard, it usually hurts his coms. When he gets upset in a game he literally stops talking and just makes robot sounds lmao. ContrA keeps pretty damn calm, and maintains coms and a good attitude no matter what, which is a pretty big deal. 

Does anyone know if roster changes can happen after Columbus?

couldn’t find a specific thing in the rule book, but it doesn’t make sense that they would be allowed to change rosters after qualifying for worlds
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Did anybody say that? I think the argument was if a player on that team were to get poached, it would be Contra. That's the only argument i was making anyway. Well, trying to anyway lol

Shoulda quoted the guy lol.

Dan tilts WAY too hard, it usually hurts his coms. When he gets upset in a game he literally stops talking and just makes robot sounds lmao. ContrA keeps pretty damn calm, and maintains coms and a good attitude no matter what, which is a pretty big deal.

Eh tilting is pretty overblown we don't really hear comms in tourneys. And tilting is more than just getting verbal. Players tart missing and playing poorly while frustrated and I'm sure most players do that. I think all Dan needs is a team that has the Splyce mentality of just flying all the time. The man plays extremely aggressively and leads to a lot of "ninja" situations. Although I'd argue aggression in this game is actually a good thing most of the time.

It’s still crazy that Contra and Devon tried to shade Huke after Worlds and lost Bubu because of it.

Right into the hands of Cratos...

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thought you guys might appreciate a list of my top 5 players from the event based on what I saw from the truck

1. Eco. MVP of the event easily. So so many times he picked up big, momentum swinging, game changing doubles & triples. Never not in the right place, map movement was phenomenal. Absolute joy to watch this kid, a superstar in the making. He had a monster of a tournament.

2. Renegade. Its actually tough to decide number 2 between Renegod and Saiyan; they both played very similar this event and were individual nightmares to go up against 1v1. I give the edge to Renegade because of superior map movement. Battles between him and Saiyan were fun to watch, two slaying machines going toe to toe, are you not entertained?

3. Saiyan. Never in my life have I seen a guy have so many 1v1 wins in games. He was getting singled out a bit during the second Optic series though, got to give props to optic for exploiting that & that for me was the difference maker. Would like to see him play a little faster on the map, right now he gets away with it because of insane (we're talking, god like) individual talent. He makes the most based off that alone, hoovering up kills made things so much easier for his team (his team also allowed for him to do this, however)

4. Frosty. Was very impressed with what I saw from Frosty Day 2 & 3, he was another nightmare match up. Not sure what went wrong with Optic this event, but every time I watched Frostys pov he was doing everything right especially on Coliseum games. If I ever got to compete against him, I'd go to sleep the night after the tournament and have nightmares of him playing elbows on Coli.

5. StellurB. Honestly, the unsung hero from Splyce, I never got to see much of this man's pov in the past because casters often neglect/overlook what he does in games and I've never gotten to cast a series while he was on Liquid (outside of 1 at Daytona, but the caster desk blew up during game 5 of that series so I can't really recall). Was very very pleasantly surprised, the situations he put himself in were almost always advantageous to win either himself the battle or set up his team for a positive play.

Special mentions, Ola & Shotzzy. Either one of these two could have made the list, but I think Ola dropped off slightly on Day 3 & Shotzzy missed his mouth with the water bottle, major misplay

Love this list, and I 100% agree

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Biggest surprises for me was how good Neptune played and how good the Wisefrag team was.

• Upvote (+1) 8

couldn’t find a specific thing in the rule book, but it doesn’t make sense that they would be allowed to change rosters after qualifying for worlds

Yeah I agree completely

Neptune was definitely a stand out player imo. Whether or not he deserves to be on a top 3 team yet is debatable, give it another tournament, if he performs like that again I could see him getting picked up by REC. For whom I'm not sure though. 

As for nV i just want to see Ola and Frosty teaming. I've wanted that for so long lmao.