CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Fuck you

Jesus Christ a 90 MB gif?? RIP data plan.

To plays Devils Adovocate, this was the first tourney where Optic wasn't in the WBF, AND the first time theyve lost a series to two different squads (NV & Splyce)

In fact, in overall games, NV won 5 games to OGs 4 games.

Splyce 4-0'd NV.

I agree that you can NEVER count out Optic Gaming (they've at least earned that)

But I don't think it's Optic and then the field anymore.

WE GOT OURSELVES A RACE BOYS AND GIRLS.

If Nv were to pick up Snip3down, that squad would be close to splyce, hes the best slayer not on splyce right now (arguably the best slayer in the game).

I picked 

1) Nv

2) Splyce

3) Optic

4) Rec

I was pretty close, but splyce is just too good right now, if Nv were to drop trip for Eric, that squad would be a serious contender. 

I have literally no idea what individual stat lines have been in tournaments and scrims (they're near-meaningless), I'm going by watching Frosty's stream for months.  He did well in Orlando, relatively speaking, but has played worse in the past 12 months.  Frosty in 2016-17 was the best in the game imo, but everyone caught up to his nerdiness/movement (esp. Shotzzy)  

Also I don't think anyone said that OpTic should make a change now, but rather only if they lose Cbus (badly) they should maybe consider it.

So I do see snip3down as the BIG potential pickup for Nv or Optic, Penguis is my second pick, I just dont see rec being able to get top 3 with these squads, but if Eric joined Optic in place of Lethal that would be a pretty crazy trade.

I feel like if Cbus goes bad, well see:

Nv

-Sayain

-Ola

-Snip3down

-Bubu

Optic

-Frosty

-Royal 2

-Snakebite

-Penguin

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I went ahead and threw it in a spoiler tag with a warning for mobile users.

Does that actually prevent the gif from being loaded?

Does that actually prevent the gif from being loaded?

I don’t think it does as it seems to still be loading on my phone.

None of this makes any sense.

How so, Snip3down is simply better than Trip, and would instantly make that squad better, I dont think optics making changes, but if they do thats their only options. 

Snakebite is going no where, and as long has hes on that squad, neither is R2. Frosty is easily the best player in the game not on splyce, so that leaves Lethul to be the proverbial "problem" that we always see in Halo.

hey guys i've been lurking in twitch for a while thought i'd come here. 

saw people making new teams, so here's my idea

nV

Pistola Saiyan Trippey Frosty

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How so, Snip3down is simply better than Trip, and would instantly make that squad better, I dont think optics making changes, but if they do thats their only options.

Snakebite is going no where, and as long has hes on that squad, neither is R2. Frosty is easily the best player in the game not on splyce, so that leaves Lethul to be the proverbial "problem" that we always see in Halo.

what problem is being fixed by dropping lethul? it seemed to me that optic's biggest problem was an uncharacteristic lack of objective efficiency coupled with some untimely 1v1 losses.

i don't think any one player is to blame, but lethul had the fewest gaffes, imo (at least that was shown on stream).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dedicated observers and crowd mics worked out kinda well, huh whoda thought. Maybe casting pairs could too

Also I'm beyonding on my flight from 36,000ft, new record?

u4Qicy8.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

what problem is being fixed by dropping lethul? it seemed to me that optic's biggest problem was an uncharacteristic lack of objective efficiency coupled with some untimely 1v1 losses.

i don't think any one player is to blame, but lethul had the fewest gaffes, imo (at least that was shown on stream).

Im just saying, if there is going to be a team change, its going to be him (which is a bad call imo). Duos in halo just seem to stick together, its a survival mechanism at the top, and if you're one of the outsiders you're liable to get dropped. If OG gets second at Cbus, or if Nv picks up Eric and OG gets 3rd, I highly doubt some change doesn't get made, because that's the typical knee-jerk reaction of the rostermania (ola and walshy getting dropped in H3 lol). These things happen all the time, and will continue to happen.

The thing about OG is that they've been together so long, that the top squads are probably used to their play style, and since everyones caught up, they're able to put fast squads together that can surprise a OG with different tactics, because they can watch all of OGs VoDs and counter them. OG might be able to counter them next event, or the event after, but usually squads like Splyce and Envy change the roster sup to keep fresh.

Just my $.02

for the record i do think that the top 3 teams should stick it out for one more event. there are improvements they all could make. 

but i do think the team that could improve the most outside of splyce is nV. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

To plays Devils Adovocate, this was the first tourney where Optic wasn't in the WBF, AND the first time theyve lost a series to two different squads (NV & Splyce)

In fact, in overall games, NV won 5 games to OGs 4 games.

Splyce 4-0'd NV.

I agree that you can NEVER count out Optic Gaming (they've at least earned that)

But I don't think it's Optic and then the field anymore.

WE GOT OURSELVES A RACE BOYS AND GIRLS.

I don't disagree with anything you said, I think you're just putting more weight on Optic's poor Saturday performance than I am.

To your point though, a couple years ago Optic could play that poorly and still come out with the win. Teams have definitely caught up for the most part.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nV aren’t going to make a change before worlds unless someone from Optic or Splyce wants to change for no apparent reason, and Eric’s personality or play style doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to change with Trippey (Who BTW just had an amazing event). nV beat Optic in a BO3 on LAN and ran out of steam on Sunday. They are a young team, they will be better.

Optic is not making a change before Worlds, and if they did pretty much any player on any roster would drag their balls through glass to get on that team. They aren’t dropping Lethul to pick up Penguin in a million years.

If REC is unhappy with that team they are going to pick from below them which basically means someone from Renegades or Elevate.

• Upvote (+1) 7

If REC is unhappy with that team they are going to pick from below them which basically means someone from Renegades or Elevate.

lol what

• Upvote (+1) 3

the only problem with OpTic dropping Lethul is that he would grind for revenge. He always gets his revenge, like the RyaNoob curse only stronger. 

• Upvote (+1) 5