CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You should have to pay rep royalties when you use someone else's meme.

I'd be in negative rep in a week.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Putting shots on people no one has a chance to finish, most of the time is useless in this game. 

That is definitely not true. Keeping up pressure and not allowing people to go wherever they want for free is always important and always will be and this includes shooting people that aren't going to die should that player back down

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think Optic should make a roster change because they have years of history together and can put it together for Worlds, which is what really matters.

However, Optic put in a lot time before Orlando. Splyce didn't scrim and didn't even know the gametypes they were playing and won in a pretty dominating fashion. Splyce is looking quite better than Optic at the moment and I think they will have to work even harder than before if they want to win Worlds for a third time. 

I actually have a hard time seeing Optic beating this Splyce squad at Worlds. Might be an unpopular opinion but I guess we'll see. 

I don't think Optic should make a roster change because they have years of history together and can put it together for Worlds, which is what really matters.

However, Optic put in a lot time before Orlando. Splyce didn't scrim and didn't even know the gametypes they were playing and won in a pretty dominating fashion. Splyce is looking quite better than Optic at the moment and I think they will have to work even harder than before if they want to win Worlds for a third time. 

I actually have a hard time seeing Optic beating this Splyce squad at Worlds. Might be an unpopular opinion but I guess we'll see. 

I think optic can beat them but they have to get back to being mentally ahead of the other team. Sometimes they just looked like they were losing control and didn't know what to do about it which is honestly a weird look for optic. Hard to tell if they were just playing poorly by their standards or if splyce was actually just better. We'll see at the next event but with a team like Splyce I don't really think anyone is beating them if they're not just making objectively much smarter plays. Its not like its realistic to expect a team to regularly out shoot them

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've always found myself ambivalent when it comes to pre/post-event power rankings. On the one hand, they're phenomenal discussion starters. On the other hand, they're absolutely meaningless lol whether Optic is 1B or 2 or 209801st, all that matters is their performance at the next event. But maybe that's just a very fatalist view of the situation. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally something interesting

The absolute state of the drama in Halo right now when this is on anyone's radar.

Yeah I give approximately 0 fucks about that drama. +- 0.5 fucks

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some El Town/Demon D beef for those that are bored.

Damn, read through some of that back and fourth and at 28 that made me feel old as shit

Also, glad we have pros like Snakebite, Mikwen etc 

Anyways to each his own I guess 

Will the 2ks have enough points to change any seeding?

There are 3 more 2Ks left.

If I understand correctly, If a team won all 3, they’d bank 24k points. I’m not sure what the bottom of the bracket is looking like right now, but perhaps that could be the difference going to Cbus or not.

Also, it would make sense for any cusp players to try to earn as many points as possible to build their stock for team changes.

I think it's important to remember that OG & Splyce only played one series at Orlando, and it ended 4-2......6 games isn't much to go off of IMO (especially when you look at DH ATL when Splyce won two series against them, both pretty handily - and should have been favored going into Denver).

What we do know is how OG responds to losses:

• when NV took them down earlier in 2017, OG game back and absolutely destroyed NV at the tournament (Snipedown tweeted that no team has played better against him before OG did at this event) - but OG ended up losing to the new Splyce roster, which they were presumably not that familiar with
  • when OG loses to Splyce pretty badly at ATL, they come back at Denver and win handily
  • new Splyce roster forms, beats OG in finals 4-2 - ???
I think it's safe to say you can fool Optic once, but second time around they're gonna be way more prepared for your specific team/playstyle.

To plays Devils Adovocate, this was the first tourney where Optic wasn't in the WBF, AND the first time theyve lost a series to two different squads (NV & Splyce)

In fact, in overall games, NV won 5 games to OGs 4 games.

Splyce 4-0'd NV.

I agree that you can NEVER count out Optic Gaming (they've at least earned that)

But I don't think it's Optic and then the field anymore.

WE GOT OURSELVES A RACE BOYS AND GIRLS.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To plays Devils Adovocate, this was the first tourney where Optic wasn't in the WBF, AND the first time theyve lost a series to two different squads (NV & Splyce)

In fact, in overall games, NV won 5 games to OGs 4 games.

Splyce 4-0'd NV.

I agree that you can NEVER count out Optic Gaming (they've at least earned that)

But I don't think it's Optic and then the field anymore.

WE GOT OURSELVES A RACE BOYS AND GIRLS.

Nah dude OpTic is 1b