CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have literally no idea what individual stat lines have been in tournaments and scrims (they're near-meaningless), I'm going by watching Frosty's stream for months.  He did well in Orlando, relatively speaking, but has played worse in the past 12 months.  Frosty in 2016-17 was the best in the game imo, but everyone caught up to his nerdiness/movement (esp. Shotzzy)  

Also I don't think anyone said that OpTic should make a change now, but rather only if they lose Cbus (badly) they should maybe consider it.

And this is where you fucked up.

People catching up with Frosty and Frosty playing worse aren't the same thing. and if anyone has caught up to him the most in nerdyness, it's the boys on NV, particularly saiyan and ola. Shottzy has a great shot but stellur is the chief nerd on Splyce.

Good god, but noted.

Much appreciated dude. Again, I really enjoy your casting and think highly of you. It's just been a pet peeve of mine since H2A. Thanks for taking note.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Much appreciated dude. Again, I really enjoy your casting and think highly of you. It's just been a pet peeve of mine since H2A. Thanks for taking note.

Ive made note mate, always looking to perfect the craft. Appretiate the feedback.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I would like to see how an Optic without Royal 2 would be playing and performing, I'm not saying that I would want him dropped/him leaving optic but if it somehow did happen I would find it very interesting to see how they would play without him.

I would like to see how an Optic without Royal 2 would be playing and performing, I'm not saying that I would want him dropped/him leaving optic but if it somehow did happen I would find it very interesting to see how they would play without him.

They'd be a lot worse.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So now that 2Ks will finish determining who makes it to Columbus, can we make them double Elim? If not we're gonna continue seeing pro teams playing each other early and some teams having golden brackets (like Mentality). In terms of time consumption I think if they made first few rounds Bo3 they could still fit the Tourney in one day.

wow

UZ7q2c0.png?1

Inspired by @@Hxrshly :simms:

"Hey, there, sport! Glad you could make it to the beebeequeueeeee, got a few dogs on the grill, a few brews in the fridge, whattaya say, champ?"

• Upvote (+1) 6

He is an example of why I would love stats like "damage taken" and "distance traveled". Stats can't tell the whole story but they can paint a better picture with stuff like that. His kd is absurdly high but I don't get to see his pov much so idk if he is so good at staying alive a la H3 Ola or how much damage he takes or what.

He is an example of why I would love stats like "damage taken" and "distance traveled". Stats can't tell the whole story but they can paint a better picture with stuff like that. His kd is absurdly high but I don't get to see his pov much so idk if he is so good at staying alive a la H3 Ola or how much damage he takes or what.

Oh yes I forgot sustenance travelled. We NEED this.

I love Simms and his casting, but dude needs to look at a basic diagram for how a gun works, and stop referring to the shots left in the MAGAZINE like they’re in the chamber, or even worse, the barrel. Oh, is Mikwen’s gun jammed to a comical degree, or do you just not understand basic gun terminology for like 4 years in a row?

I love Simms and his casting, but dude needs to look at a basic diagram for how to speak american, and stop referring to the the players/casters as "mates" or "lads" like they’re in GREAT BRITAIN, or even worse, EUROPE. Oh, is Mikwen’s gun a "mate" also to a comical degree, or do you just not understand basic american terminology for like 4 years in a row.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

And this is where you fucked up.

People catching up with Frosty and Frosty playing worse aren't the same thing. and if anyone has caught up to him the most in nerdyness, it's the boys on NV, particularly saiyan and ola. Shottzy has a great shot but stellur is the chief nerd on Splyce.

uhhh ... yeah I didn't say it was just people catching up with Frosty, he's also been playing worse (since the new radar) and has been consistently frustrated in scrims, where this wasn't the case before

I guess the guy that cleans up one shots and goes 18-5 while dealing 500 damage is more important than the guy dealing 3k+ but not finishing the kills himself. Yea map presence isn't a thing. Yea backing people down isn't a thing. All that matter is who deals the killing blow. You're right my whole perspective has changed. All this stuff about blocking spawns, pressuring spawners, controlling power positions, it's all been a lie. The most important thing is just killing more enemies than dying. As an individual. Guess Splyce never won that Coli flag 3-0 while getting outslayed because all that matters is getting more kills than deaths.

God I've been playing wrong my whole life. I should just hide all game and never die. Thanks for the tips man I appreciate it.

Damage indicates NONE of that. It's an isolated stat that offers no context or any effective individual contribution. If your dmg is helping the team, it would show up in assists and kills. Putting shots on people no one has a chance to finish, most of the time is useless in this game. No one is saying you cant go negative and be effective, but dipping below a certain kd shows that you arent keeping up. (And teams that have replaced players with those who have stronger KDs, have succeeded.)If youre dying a lot and not producing kills or assists, youre not helping your team.

Ninja was the best example of hiw flawed dmg is. He would always be high in dmg because he would push by himself, get people weak but since he was always in a bad position, he would die with no one to finish those kills. Thus making his dmg useless. His high deaths, and style, were a large factor in his teams losing deciding slayers.

Plus we dont even know how dmg is calculated, what the values are, or if theyre still be accurately recorded.

• Upvote (+1) 4

uhhh ... yeah I didn't say it was just people catching up with Frosty, he's also been playing worse (since the new radar) and has been consistently frustrated in scrims, where this wasn't the case before

Jesus, you really are a bucket of shit opinions. Snip3down himself will tell you frosty has not lost a step since the new radar. And scrims are scrims, frosty has always gotten ticked off when people challenge him and not respect his name, this is not something new. 

can we please have a discussion without insulting each other? thanks <3

Hm, that's weird. Is @@Moses_FPS showing up as a yellow name for anyone else? I think the admins must have forgotten to update his name when the promoted him to moderator.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just finished watching the VOD after not being able to watch yesterday. Fantastic tournament. Disappointed that NV couldn't carry the momentum into Championship Sunday, but I still think the team looks really strong. Splyce looked really fuckin good. Nice to see Eco and Stellur get their first win. I've always thought Eco was one of the most underrated players in H5 so hopefully now he'll get the recognition I think he deserves. Also Optic making a roster change (they won't) would be a massive overreaction.

• Upvote (+1) 1