CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah, Frosty has been Optic's best player since Denver, idk why people are ragging on him.

#OnlineScrimResults

Frosty has looked closer to average in some of their online scrims.  But... they are online scrims... It flattens out everybody

He has been playing great when it matters.  Splyce was just on another level this tourney.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rec drop Spartan and bring Rayne in to recreate the Rayne and Penguin partnership that worked so well earlier in Halo 5.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Rec drop Spartan and bring Rayne in to recreate the Rayne and Penguin partnership that worked so well earlier in Halo 5.

I would think that they would go for Neptune over Rayne.

That would be a terrible move IMO. I don't think Rayne is that great with no AR/New Radar. I just don't see him getting picked up by one of these top 4/6 teams. But I agree if Rec was going to drop someone it would probably be Spartan just because he always seems to be the one who get dropped. 

As for OG... I do think other teams have caught up to them. I just don't know what change to make on that team maybe Royal 2. I will be interested to see what happens in Columbus in a month. I think maybe they just took too much time off after Denver and just weren't really back into the full swing of things. They made a few too many misplays that we normally don't see out of them this tournament. 

Also for everyone that cares... Ninja was up to 99K viewers at one point but it quickly dropped back down to about 90K.  Andddd now he is up to 106K. 

Frosty consistently deals the most damage on the team stop looking so hard at KD you guys should be smarter than this by now. Way more to a game than stats. Calling someone "inconsistent" while jut looking at KD is plain dumb.

While i agree with this sentiment, there is also more to consistency than Damage dealt as well. Speaking for myself, i thought his decision making was questionable at times, especially in semi's against NV.

• Upvote (+1) 1

While i agree with this sentiment, there is also more to consistency than Damage dealt as well. Speaking for myself, i thought his decision making was questionable at times, especially in semi's against NV.

Maybe, can't see much of his PoV or hears comms though so that is hard to tell.

Damage is definitely one of the more meaningful stats, but can also be deceiving.  Like, if you have power weapons all game, you might actually have less total damage than other players, but a higher percentage of your damage will probably have resulted in opponent deaths.

Any of you stat whores out there, what order would you rank Halo stats in order from most meaningful to least?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe, can't see much of his PoV or hears comms though so that is hard to tell.

Damage is definitely one of the more meaningful stats, but can also be deceiving. Like, if you have power weapons all game, you might actually have less total damage than other players, but a higher percentage of your damage will probably have resulted in opponent deaths.

Any of you stat whores out there, what order would you rank Halo stats in order from most meaningful to least?

Depends on the game mode but damage and damage/death are 2 of the best stats. I would love to see a damage taken stat as well because that would show so much info.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Dont know why people bringing up frosty. Lethul had one of his weakest tourneys. First series vs nv he had a .66 kd. :walshy:

Dont know why people bringing up frosty. Lethul had one of his weakest tourneys. First series vs nv he had a .66 kd. :walshy:

See this right here is exactly what beast was talking about smh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Depends on the game mode but damage and damage/death are 2 of the best stats. I would love to see a damage taken stat as well because that would show so much info.

YES i would love that stat.  Damage taken/death would be cool.  @@Bad Dub any way to pull that out of the API?

Optic as a whole played poorly (for them) that series though.... Their second series vs NV he had a 1.17 kd.  Vs rec and splyce he went neg but had the most or second most assists,  par or better for damage and the most or second most objective work on the team.

Edit:  If there is any critique i would make of Optic players, it would be that Royal 2 should play a little bit faster and riskier.  Just a smidge.  I feel like his kd is honestly a little too high, but we know how much taking stats out of context blurs the picture, so i could be sooo wrong about that.

Frosty consistently deals the most damage on the team stop looking so hard at KD you guys should be smarter than this by now. Way more to a game than stats. Calling someone "inconsistent" while just looking at KD is plain dumb.

Damage dealt is a stat. So I guess we should just ignore that as well using your logic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Frosty consistently deals the most damage on the team stop looking so hard at KD you guys should be smarter than this by now. Way more to a game than stats. Calling someone "inconsistent" while just looking at KD is plain dumb.

45WW0wy.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

See this right here is exactly what beast was talking about smh.

At no point in halo is dying more than killing viewed as a positive. All these "stats dont matter" guys is just a cover to defend their favorite players when they play poorly.

.66 kd is awful, no matter who it is.

And beast values damage excessively, when it's even more flawed.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At no point in halo is dying more than killing anything but a negative. All these "stats dont matter" guys is just a cover to defend their favorite players when they play poorly.

.66 kd is bad.  but the whole team was playing poorly and it was only a 3 game sample size because they got swept. C O N T E X T actually matters.

HAHA how is damage more flawed than straight KD?  

Please enlighten me....

• Upvote (+1) 2

All that matter is that you have fun. Didn't your mom ever teach you that?

At no point in halo is dying more than killing viewed as a positive. All these "stats dont matter" guys is just a cover to defend their favorite players when they play poorly.

I guess the guy that cleans up one shots and goes 18-5 while dealing 500 damage is more important than the guy dealing 3k+ but not finishing the kills himself. Yea map presence isn't a thing. Yea backing people down isn't a thing. All that matter is who deals the killing blow. You're right my whole perspective has changed. All this stuff about blocking spawns, pressuring spawners, controlling power positions, it's all been a lie. The most important thing is just killing more enemies than dying. As an individual. Guess Splyce never won that Coli flag 3-0 while getting outslayed because all that matters is getting more kills than deaths.

God I've been playing wrong my whole life. I should just hide all game and never die. Thanks for the tips man I appreciate it.

• Upvote (+1) 9

YES i would love that stat.  Damage taken/death would be cool.  @@Bad Dub any way to pull that out of the API?

Optic as a whole played poorly (for them) that series though.... Their second series vs NV he had a 1.17 kd.  Vs rec and splyce he went neg but had the most or second most assists,  par or better for damage and the most or second most objective work on the team.

Edit:  If there is any critique i would make of Optic players, it would be that Royal 2 should play a little bit faster and riskier.  Just a smidge.  I feel like his kd is honestly a little too high, but we know how much taking stats out of context blurs the picture, so i could be sooo wrong about that.

Nope, we have requested it for H6 though as well as powerup pickup timestamps.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have literally no idea what individual stat lines have been in tournaments and scrims (they're near-meaningless), I'm going by watching Frosty's stream for months.  He did well in Orlando, relatively speaking, but has played worse in the past 12 months.  Frosty in 2016-17 was the best in the game imo, but everyone caught up to his nerdiness/movement (esp. Shotzzy)  

Also I don't think anyone said that OpTic should make a change now, but rather only if they lose Cbus (badly) they should maybe consider it.