CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think it's important to remember that OG & Splyce only played one series at Orlando, and it ended 4-2......6 games isn't much to go off of IMO (especially when you look at DH ATL when Splyce won two series against them, both pretty handily - and should have been favored going into Denver).

What we do know is how OG responds to losses:

• when NV took them down earlier in 2017, OG game back and absolutely destroyed NV at the tournament (Snipedown tweeted that no team has played better against him before OG did at this event) - but OG ended up losing to the new Splyce roster, which they were presumably not that familiar with
  • when OG loses to Splyce pretty badly at ATL, they come back at Denver and win handily
  • new Splyce roster forms, beats OG in finals 4-2 - ???
I think it's safe to say you can fool Optic once, but second time around they're gonna be way more prepared for your specific team/playstyle.

I disagree with you including DH Denver, the only team to not get worse between ATL and Denver was Liquid, wasn't a matter of adjusting or getting better when the teams involved didn't play up to their ATL levels.

Except the grand finals weren't close and optic got bodied by nv in the winners semis. They didnt look the same at all and splyce looked dominant. I think its safe to give splyce the clear #1 for now

Eh. Personally, consistency is the most important thing to me.

Beating OG once doesn't really tell me much. Even if OG loses Cbus but wins Worlds, that's enough for me. The big payday is what matters most, just like X Games and HWC 2016.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it's important to remember that OG & Splyce only played one series at Orlando, and it ended 4-2......6 games isn't much to go off of IMO (especially when you look at DH ATL when Splyce won two series against them, both pretty handily - and should have been favored going into Denver).

• when NV took them down earlier in 2017, OG game back and absolutely destroyed NV at the tournament (Snipedown tweeted that no team has played better against him before OG did at this event) - but OG ended up losing to the new Splyce roster, which they were presumably not that familiar with
  • when OG loses to Splyce pretty badly at ATL, they come back at Denver and win handily

I think it's safe to say you can fool Optic once, but second time around they're gonna be way more prepared for your specific team/playstyle.

I think its about time for a team change for OpTic. At least traditionally this is when even the longest running/most successful teams have done it. I think they'll probably stick together anyways but if they can't seem to beat Splyce something is going to give

• Downvote (-1) 1

Beating OG once doesn't really tell me much. Even if OG loses Cbus but wins Worlds, that's enough for me. The big payday is what matters most, just like X Games and HWC 2016.

How can you guys be so blind ?. Splyce is a way better team than OG, and Splyce has a lot of room for improvement I don’t think I can say the same thing for OpTic.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I'm rewatching the OG/NV series from atlanta right now.  My word it was pure dominance.

Also, SOO MUCH downtime between games compared to MLG this weekend.   I forgot how bad it was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Renegade and Shotzzy have beaten OpTic twice in three events, though. 

Columbus is the real litmus test; if OpTic lose 4-1 or 4-2 to Splyce then there's zero question.  If OpTic barely pull out a win, I'd say the two teams are almost exactly even going into Worlds.

How can you guys be so blind ?. Splyce is a way better team than OG, and Splyce has a lot of room for improvement I don’t think I can say the same thing for OpTic.

correct, Shotzzy and Renegade have literally been competing (at LANs) for 1-2 years and keep getting scarier ... Frosty has been falling off and the other three players on OpTic are known quantities at this point

After what went on at ATL I wanted to see Shottzy/Renegade with a couple of OpTic players just to see what would happen because I think they're pretty obviously the next wave of top tier Halo players that will probably be winning or contesting for a win at every event for the foreseeable future. They just needed two players that will live up to their standards, fill gaps, play call etc and they got it with this Splyce roster. Its going to be hard to make a team to beat them consistently

Oh meme monday

NjpLGOe.jpg

The thing is I don't even really want H3A, I just wanted the karma. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Frosty is not falling off. I thought he was Optics best player in this tourney. If anyone is to blame I'd look at Snakebite or Lethul. Snakebite is regarded as the best player in the world and didn't play like it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Frosty is not falling off. I thought he was Optics best player in this tourney. If anyone is to blame I'd look at Snakebite or Lethul. Snakebite is regarded as the best player in the world and didn't play like it.

Yeah, Frosty has been Optic's best player since Denver, idk why people are ragging on him.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pretty clear shotzzy is the best now
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's unbelievable how quickly you and some others are jumping to this conclusion. Splyce won a single event and the finals was 4-2.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's unbelievable how quickly you and some others are jumping to this conclusion. Splyce won a single event and the finals was 4-2.

I don't really think that Splyce is just clearly the best team ever or anything like that but at the same time you have to give them credit. 4-2 from the winners side is not close at all. Nobody was remotely close to actually beating them this event

• Upvote (+1) 1

This Optic/CLG roster has made the finals of every tournament they've attended and have never lost back to back tournaments to the same team.

Give them the respect they've earned.

• Upvote (+1) 9

giphy.gif

it's a shame these guys are literally destroying their brain chemistry over a few bucks

but i think we're about 10 years away from anti-doping being prevalent in esports, cause money

I disagree with you including DH Denver, the only team to not get worse between ATL and Denver was Liquid, wasn't a matter of adjusting or getting better when the teams involved didn't play up to their ATL levels.

Optic obviously didn't get worse.

I agree that Splyce didn't play up to the level they did at Atlanta. But if you're trying to tell me that OG being more prepared and playing better had nothing to do with Splyce playing worse, I think that's dead wrong. IMO that is exactly the reason the other teams didn't perform as well - because Optic was ready for them and made the necessary adjustments.

Kind of a which came first, the chicken or the egg argument. Can't have one without the other.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Optic obviously didn't get worse.

I agree that Splyce didn't play up to the level they did at Atlanta. But if you're trying to tell me that OG being more prepared and playing better had nothing to do with Splyce playing worse, I think that's dead wrong. IMO that is exactly the reason the other teams didn't perform as well - because Optic was ready for them and made the necessary adjustments.

Kind of a which came first, the chicken or the egg argument. Can't have one without the other.

Splyce lost 4-0 to liquid. Kind of obvious what it was
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Some really weird takes ITT. Frosty had a great Tourney (bar a few games). Lxthul did what Lxthul does. Snakebite has been my favorite player for a long time, he was not at top form. IMO, him and R2 haven't been close to top form since they started grinding again about a month ago. I fully expect them to improve between now and Worlds. I think they all four will improve with a few months left to grind.

Ya'll are nuts if you think they are or should make a change. I'd be very disappointed if they did. They have a chance to do something very special and have the roster to do it.

Weird how the consensus has been "it's boring watching OG dominate H5" and most people openly cheering against them, to people now wanting OG and Splyce to combine forces and make a new super team. Makes no sense. All I know is if they 3peat, it will be that much sweeter for those guys with everyone doubting them. I'll be pulling for em.

• Upvote (+1) 6