CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

These new pro skins are literally in the game but they have a sustain plan for them.

JUST FUCKING RELEASE THEM.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think the BR is a "better" primary than the Magnum and i'd prefer a Magnum rework, but I will say that playing with the BR/Gunfighter was the first time I've had fun on H5 in a while. It was super refreshing to not get perfected basically every time and to not get cross-mapped as often.

Gunfighter actually has potential too, I played octagons with it for a while and god damn does that thing shred if you hit every shot, but it's extremely difficult.

If a magnum rework isn't happening, which I don't think it's going to, and they also want to seriously push the BR starts I've already suggested what I think could make it better.

Classic Scope H5 BR, and up the handling on the gun, make it feel more smooth and snappy. I will say that once I started to get used to the BR i had a better idea as to how it worked, it seems predictable, but it definitely operates very oddly.

So pound for pound, which do you think would be better for the game? The BR in its current state, or the magnum in its current state?

RIP pro team skins if the HCS becomes BR starts.

Also has the CoD release been a bit shaky or something? 

I wish 343 was more informative about events like yeah microsoft store lans are cool and all but knowing all the events and ladder options for cod already months in advance just takes  it for me. Its sad

@@Infinity Please explain to me what the point of this would be for the AR. Every precision weapon already does this, so why does the AR get that benefit too?

Lol I don't agree with the ARs headshot multipliers. They decreased the multiplier for the SMG and it feels great. AR feels busted.

Lol I don't agree with the ARs headshot multipliers. They decreased the multiplier for the SMG and it feels great. AR feels busted.

A headshot multiplier on ANY weapon with random spread is dumb. Reward users when they aim for the head and hit it, not when random spread happens to throw a bullet towards the head.

• Upvote (+1) 4

RIP pro team skins if the HCS becomes BR starts.

Also has the CoD release been a bit shaky or something?

Just server issues. Literally happens every year on COD. The first day is a shitshow with the flood of people coming in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gunfighter actually has potential too, I played octagons with it for a while and god damn does that thing shred if you hit every shot, but it's extremely difficult.

I've been saying this and people just don't want to listen.

A headshot multiplier on ANY weapon with random spread is dumb. Reward users when they aim for the head and hit it, not when random spread happens to throw a bullet towards the head.

The new BR has random spread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been saying this and people just don't want to listen.

The tuning test version blew ass.  That's what people were complaining about.  I liked the OG version actually.  Haven't had a chance to try the re-retuned one yet.

Overall with the BR i haven't noticed the random spread make a difference.  I thought i got screwed out of a kill one time yesterday so i recorded it but in reality i had whiffed.

The AR against shielded opponents seems about right and if you just spray the headshot multiplier doesn't seem to help much.  But man if you have any trigger-discipline you can clean up kills with eeeeasy headshots from pretty much anywhere with it.  I pulled a Vetoed and went the PP + AR route on Plaza and it was comically easy.  The headshot multiplier on that thing needs to be taken back (and the tracking on the PP needs to be reigned in too.)

The magnum feels like it belongs now.  maybe pull back the scoped RRR a teeny bit?  Does anybody else feel like the magnum shoots "slower" now though?  Not that it actually does, but somehow in relation to all the other changes it feels like the time between trigger pulls is exaggerated.

But is cool, pro players like it so the hive mind will support it.

Who has said this? seriously, who supports random spread other than Ace? Nobody around here does.

It doesn't seem to make a difference right now (which begs the question, if bullet mag nullifies the spread, why have it??) But nobody is saying "Its a good idea!!!"

• Upvote (+1) 3

The tuning test version blew ass. That's what people were complaining about. I liked the OG version actually. Haven't had a chance to try the re-retuned one yet.

Overall with the BR i haven't noticed the random spread make a difference. I thought i got screwed out of a kill one time yesterday so i recorded it but in reality i had whiffed.

The AR against shielded opponents seems about right and if you just spray the headshot multiplier doesn't seem to help much. But man if you have any trigger-discipline you can clean up kills with eeeeasy headshots from pretty much anywhere with it. I pulled a Vetoed and went the PP + AR route on Plaza and it was comically easy. The headshot multiplier on that thing needs to be taken back (and the tracking on the PP needs to be reigned in too.)

The magnum feels like it belongs now. maybe pull back the scoped RRR a teeny bit? Does anybody else feel like the magnum shoots "slower" now though? Not that it actually does, but somehow in relation to all the other changes it feels like the time between trigger pulls is exaggerated.

Who has said this? seriously, who supports random spread other than Ace? Nobody around here does.

It doesn't seem to make a difference right now (which begs the question, if bullet mag nullifies the spread, why have it??) But nobody is saying "Its a good idea!!!"

Literally Mikwen a few posts above
  • Downvote (-1) 2

one other person likes it must mean there is a hive mind! no one can have a different opinion than yours and if they do it cant be because of any original thought it must be a blind following. besides, mikwen said that it feels more predictable but still would prefer a magnum rework to the br. you just want to be edgy

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think the BR is a "better" primary than the Magnum and i'd prefer a Magnum rework, but I will say that playing with the BR/Gunfighter was the first time I've had fun on H5 in a while. It was super refreshing to not get perfected basically every time and to not get cross-mapped as often.

If a magnum rework isn't happening, which I don't think it's going to, and they also want to seriously push the BR starts I've already suggested what I think could make it better.

Classic Scope H5 BR, and up the handling on the gun, make it feel more smooth and snappy. I will say that once I started to get used to the BR i had a better idea as to how it worked, it seems predictable, but it definitely operates very oddly.

What are you reading? Where in that post does it say "Random spread is a good thing"? or even suggest it?  c'mon now....

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish we could see a test playlist with the current HCS map setup but with BR starts, and replace the BR's on the maps with Magnums (or something like that). It's way too early to tell if something is askew instead of just different.  Hell, even if it's a social playlist I think it would be great to see/try. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't really followed the pro halo scene much in a while and I reinstalled halo 5 to try it again. Are the arena settings the same as tournament settings i.e. are pros still playing on settings with ARs?

I haven't really followed the pro halo scene much in a while and I reinstalled halo 5 to try it again. Are the arena settings the same as tournament settings i.e. are pros still playing on settings with ARs?

no.  Magnum only starts.  No Auto's on map. Ability tracker radar.  Separate HCS playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

no.  Magnum only starts.  No Auto's on map. Ability tracker radar.  Separate HCS playlist.

Oh, there's a seperate one? Nice!

Yeah this would have been the Friday morning before the tournament actually started. 

did you boltshot the shit out of puckett and bravo? that thing was legendary at that event