CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Dilemma

I can manually add the Splyce vs Envy game result that crashed so that a record of the game exists on the site. This part is okay.

I've a screenshot from the in game carnage report (a player viewed it as the game crashed) which I could also add.

This would mean KD etc would be updated on the site but not stronghold specific stats.

Adding the carnage report stats would mean the overview page for the lan would have the correct kd/kda stats but the stronghold specific top 10 would be effected as the Nv and Splyce players per game would be a +1 when dividing each medal (which wont exist).

So should I just add the result of the game or the result and what I can of the carnage report?

Well, I finally grabbed the final stats and its worse than I thought. SH games dont show Assists or Deaths in the carnage report lol

hsutVL8.png

Even then, I'd stick it out for the season.

They've lost one event to a fresh new roster. And it's not the one that really matters. The sky's not falling yet and OG aren't done by a long shot.

Definitely not.  Remember the last time this happened?  They came out and won the next event.  

And people saying that Lethul and/or frosty should get dropped are OUT OF THEIR FUCKING MINDS.

Well, I finally grabbed the final stats and its worse than I thought. SH games dont show Assists or Deaths in the carnage report lol

hsutVL8.png

LOL welp shit. Record the win, stronghold stats and assume everybody had a 1:1 kd?  Would that screw up the aggregate KD the least?

• Upvote (+1) 4

The Strongholds on The Rig game crashed when NV had 98 points and 2 strongholds. So they gave NV the win.

If the game crashes like that the stats arent pushed to the API.

I gotcha.

I’d just add the game result. Hopefully there will be enough Rig stronghold games over the course of the season to make this particular games stats insignificant. Give everyone a 1:1 kd.

Definitely not.  Remember the last time this happened?  They came out and won the next event.  

And people saying that Lethul and/or frosty should get dropped are OUT OF THEIR FUCKING MINDS.

LOL welp shit. Record the win, stronghold stats and assume everybody had a 1:1 kd?  Would that screw up the aggregate KD the least?

I gotcha.

I’d just add the game result. Hopefully there will be enough Rig stronghold games over the course of the season to make this particular games stats insignificant. Give everyone a 1:1 kd.

Then what about assists and damage? That throws off calculated stats based on those values. I think I'll just add the game with any player stats.

imo splyce is 1A and optic is 1B

splyce is seriously talented and i think they are going to be good for a long time but i also think OG under performed this event

they lost gametypes they usually win (and they also won a gametype they usually lose :kappa: )

I agree that optic under performed, especially against nv, but right now there is now way splyce is only 1A and optic i 1B. Spkyce is hands down the team to beat with the way they won orlando. The only way that changes is if they start losing 2ks if they even play them

• Upvote (+1) 3

I agree that optic under performed, especially against nv, but right now there is now way splyce is only 1A and optic i 1B. Spkyce is hands down the team to beat with the way they won orlando. The only way that changes is if they start losing 2ks if they even play them

It's one event, it's absolutely 1A and 1B.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You think that was OpTic being caught off guard?

Not against Splyce, they were pushed to their limit. On Saturday they played extremely subpar against Renegades and Envy. They weren't closing out games in their usual fashion. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I’m just gonna say Splyce is #1, OG is 2a , NV is 2b, and Rec is behind that group, and RNG is just behind them.

Splyce has been dominating in the way the OG has dominated up to this point. There’s no sense pussy footing around it.

My question is what can Rec do to get into contention for top3. A roster move for Neptune?

Then what about assists and damage? That throws off calculated stats based on those values. I think I'll just add the game with any player stats.

probably the best option
  • Upvote (+1) 5

It's one event, it's absolutely 1A and 1B.

Except the grand finals weren't close and optic got bodied by nv in the winners semis. They didnt look the same at all and splyce looked dominant. I think its safe to give splyce the clear #1 for now

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except the grand finals weren't close and optic got bodied by nv in the winners semis. They didnt look the same at all and splyce looked dominant. I think its safe to give splyce the clear #1 for now

You just pointed out what a lot of people feel, optic had a bad event. It happens. Splyce played really well and optic played subpar. If splyce wins columbus in dominant fashion as well then you can say they're clearly number 1. As for now, they were only clearly number 1 for the weekend.

We are finally at the point where other teams have caught up to OpTic. I don't think a team change is necessary, but I think there needs to be a greater focus than there might have been in the past to get better. 

But for real, how much did pistola going back to the clean shaven short hair look bring you back to the old days?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Unfortunately, gameplay films from Orlando aren't available on Waypoint so I won't be able to do any new episodes of Beyond Rewind. I'm assuming it's because of LAN mode, which makes sense.

With that said, I'm gonna start watching scrims between now and Columbus. I'll try to get some short analysis videos out before then.  :intensifies:

The VODs for each day are on the Official Halo youtube channel if that helps? 

MLG did a great job - if ESL didn't butcher competitive Halo for years we would have been in an even better place. I blame 343 for being cheap, though. 

Let's not fuck things up anymore. 

Unfortunately, gameplay films from Orlando aren't available on Waypoint so I won't be able to do any new episodes of Beyond Rewind. I'm assuming it's because of LAN mode, which makes sense.

With that said, I'm gonna start watching scrims between now and Columbus. I'll try to get some short analysis videos out before then.  :intensifies:

It's official MLG has revived Halo

Not against Splyce, they were pushed to their limit.

This is cool to think about, Optic at their peak ability.

I love competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A signiificantly inferior version of Splyce dismantled OpTic at Dreamhack Atlanta (4-1, 4-2) ... if OpTic is playing at their absolute best, I think they have a reasonable chance of beating the current Splyce roster, but personally I think OpTic is no longer top 1. 

OpTic has only won 1 of the last 4 events, and the events they lost were not particularly close.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

quit playin' and lets cast

or more Fortnite wins

A signiificantly inferior version of Splyce dismantled OpTic at Dreamhack Atlanta (4-1, 4-2) ... if OpTic is playing at their absolute best, I think they have a reasonable chance of beating the current Splyce roster, but personally I think OpTic is no longer top 1. 

OpTic has only won 1 of the last 4 events, and the events they lost were not particularly close.  

I agree with this although this Optic roster has NEVER finished worst than 2nd throughout the course of Halo 5 iirc.  Their consistency when it matters has still been remarkable.  I expect Optic and Splyce to be in the finals in Columbus, and for the series to be much tighter.

• Upvote (+1) 5